Santa Barbara Municipal Airport Project

B767Avia

Greetings! Right around when Covid first hit was when I first began working on this small project. Santa Barbara is a city I used to live in and ever since I moved out, I always missed the unique architecture styles inspired by their Spanish heritage. I've dedicated about two months in early 2020 to finish it for the first time, and have been constantly updating it whenever I could.

Models wise, it was certainly a challenge to find applicable models because of the nature of a regional airport. RJs were extremely scarce in 2020 so for a while more than half of the routes were missing. Thankfully Gemini stepped up in 2021 and I was able to fill out most of the integral routes of the airport!

I attached some photos below. Enjoy.

Attachments

• sba-183.jpg
    sba-183.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
  • sba-164.jpg
    sba-164.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
  • sba-130.jpg
    sba-130.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I still sometimes think about how this was supposed to be a simplified terminal building for the sake of nostalgia and turned out to be something I'd cherish for the rest of time. With that being said these comments mean the world to me and I'm glad you guys enjoy it.

Greetings! Right around when Covid first hit was when I first began my journey on this project. Santa Barbara is a city I used to live in and ever since I moved out, I always missed the unique architecture styles inspired by their Spanish heritage. I've dedicated about two months in early 2020 to finish this project like I said, and have been constantly updating it whenever I could.

Models wise, it was certainly a challenge to find applicable models because of the nature of a regional airport. RJs were extremely scarce in 2020 more than half of the routes remained missing. Thankfully Gemini started an RJ streak in 2021 and I was able to fill out many of the integral routes of the airport!

Insane detail right there, one of the best I’ve seen.

Greetings! Right around when Covid first hit was when I first began my journey on this project. Santa Barbara is a city I used to live in and ever since I moved out, I always missed the unique architecture styles inspired by their Spanish heritage. I've dedicated about two months in early 2020 to finish this project like I said, and have been constantly updating it whenever I could.

Models wise, it was certainly a challenge to find applicable models because of the nature of a regional airport. RJs were extremely scarce in 2020 more than half of the routes remained missing. Thankfully Gemini started an RJ streak in 2021 and I was able to fill out many of the integral routes of the airport!

SBA the Airport that I Spot at

Wow your SBA Model airport looks absolutely stunning man! With SBA being one of my local airports and being there often for spotting, you replicated the airport terminal and apron as close as you can get in model form! I love it!!