Please do not buy from Diecast Airplane Store

He finally e-mailed me and said he's waiting for the manufacturer to send him more. I don't buy his excuse. It was listed as in stock when I ordered it and now it's saying out of stock. I don't believe I'll be seeing it anytime unfortunately...had ordered an NG JetBlue A321. Luckily I disputed the charge already

Last edited:
He finally e-mailed me and said he's waiting for the manufacturer to send him more. I don't buy his excuse. It was listed as in stock when I ordered it and now it's saying out of stock. I don't believe I'll be seeing it anytime unfortunately...had ordered an NG JetBlue A321. Luckily I disputed the charge already
That is a real shame. Hopefully it will work out in the end. :(

Something just isn't adding up. If it was "in stock" when you ordered it, you should have gotten it. I have a feeling that NG isn't going to send him more since it's in their database as sold out. Sounds like he promised more than he could deliver

Twice in the past, they've sent me defective models for which I had requested returns for. Of course, with high order volumes its not always feasible to check every model for QC issues, however that's when good customer service should kick into play. It was a pain in the behind to get a prepaid shipping label. They once even deducted the cost of return shipping from the refund, and this was for a model with significant paint blemishes. Needless to say I stopped purchasing from them altogether. Also, I may be incorrect but the last time I checked their return policy it sounded like they are now issuing store credit instead of money back for returns if anyone can verify.

Something to note too, on several occasions they've shipped my models with *zero* protection. Just a big box, 2-3 small models, zero bubble wrap, zero paper. The models were likely sliding around and banging against every corner of the box but luckily they all survived intact. Just something to be aware of for those who purchase from them, your models may be shipped without protection. Again, I've stopped buying from them. My go-to store now is Panda Fox Toys. I would trust them with every penny.
Wow, I had no idea. Playing "Russian Roulette" with your models.

Wow, I had no idea. Playing "Russian Roulette" with your models.
'Russian Roulette' indeed. I hate having experiences like that, where your hard-earned money is scammed off you by some disreputable AH. I remember one of my best experiences was from a model I got off eBay for dirt cheap, maybe 20 bucks or something. I remember the seller giving me regular shipping updates, was very friendly and happy to send more pictures/answer any questions. It was only a small aircraft, in a small box, and once it arrived, I found it luxuriously cushioned by bubble wrap, with a hand-written letter from the seller. People like that are sadly becoming fewer and far between, and the gaps are filled by bad experiences. Hopefully, we can see this change, although I am not optimistic. 😞

'Russian Roulette' indeed. I hate having experiences like that, where your hard-earned money is scammed off you by some disreputable AH. I remember one of my best experiences was from a model I got off eBay for dirt cheap, maybe 20 bucks or something. I remember the seller giving me regular shipping updates, was very friendly and happy to send more pictures/answer any questions. It was only a small aircraft, in a small box, and once it arrived, I found it luxuriously cushioned by bubble wrap, with a hand-written letter from the seller. People like that are sadly becoming fewer and far between, and the gaps are filled by bad experiences. Hopefully, we can see this change, although I am not optimistic. 😞
Sadly, those days are pretty much gone. Society has changed so much lately.

Agreed, also so many model stores have gone down hill this year for some reason only ones I use now is WESTCOASTDIECAST and scalemodelstore ever since the issue with RM model store and an ongoing issue with Firstclass I keep it for small of what stores I use now!

Agreed, also so many model stores have gone down hill this year for some reason only ones I use now is WESTCOASTDIECAST and scalemodelstore ever since the issue with RM model store and an ongoing issue with Firstclass I keep it for small of what stores I use now!
Yep, I can understand that.

Do you mean First Class Collectables in Hong Kong? I've bought quite a few from them and never had an issue. Shipping is reasonable and quite fast in my experience. Unless you're referring to another shop

Do you mean First Class Collectables in Hong Kong? I've bought quite a few from them and never had an issue. Shipping is reasonable and quite fast in my experience. Unless you're referring to another shop
Yes first class collectibles, the shipping is great and models very good price issue is communication I have issues with orders and he doesn’t get back to me because I noticed It said order cancelled for some reason and other was a slight damage I asked if he had spare antenna and stuff or just to do an trade in cause there was paint tear aswell but it’s been weeks and nothing, hope you understand that communication is key in a business always

Yes first class collectibles, the shipping is great and models very good price issue is communication I have issues with orders and he doesn’t get back to me because I noticed It said order cancelled for some reason and other was a slight damage I asked if he had spare antenna and stuff or just to do an trade in cause there was paint tear aswell but it’s been weeks and nothing, hope you understand that communication is key in a business always
Oh that's unfortunate then - I never had a reason to contact him so I can't say anything on that front

It pains me to write this, since I really do not like speaking poorly of small businesses/people trying to make a living, but the time has come as I can confirm others' experience as well. They have been my "go-to" retailer for a number years; however, I've noticed over the past year that their customer service has nose dived. They say they take great pride in customer service, which used to be true as I feel this is now sorely lacking. It should NOT take four plus days, if not weeks, with multiple follow up attempts, to return a customers inquiry (becoming very RM Model Store -esque). This is not an isolated incident, but becoming more common. I've even had to check on the status of orders for models that have been in stock at other retailers for weeks, if not months. If an item is on back-order, then that should be communiated to the customer ahead of time so we can make the necessary decision to either wait or cancel and procure the model elsewhere so we do not lose out on getting it. While rare, every other retailer I’ve used responds within 24-48 hours when the inevitable question/inquiry/issue arises.

Also, their system may or may not update when they ship something, and when they do, I’ve also noticed the models are either packed like Fine China (yay!) or thrown in with nothing (nay!). Luckily no broken models, but we're certainly playing model roulette. Their policies state they are not responsible for lost/damage parcels and it's highly recommended to purchase Route Insurance for this (which is fine and their right to state this), but how can we know if something is lost when the system doesn't tell you it shipped with a tracking number? Additionally, why chance a damage claim and put a customer through an unfavorable experience when the parcels aren't properly packed? Yes, models can break even in the best of protection, but why risk it? Again, it seems like model roulette and a disregard for customers' hard earned money. While they have great discounts, it's not worth the headache anymore, especially when they charge up front for pre-orders (I know, a highly contested topic, but something I’ve been willing to deal to secure cheaper pricing).

Proper communication and respecting people’s time and money is the crux of good customer service. When it’s like pulling teeth to reach someone, the respect for customers isn’t there and the frustrations grow, which is quite unfortunate since it’s an easy thing to fix. If the delay in response times and warehouse packing issues are due to outgrowing their operational capacity, then that needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP as customers shouldn't bear that burden.

Finally, I'm an incredibly patient individual and I do give people the benefit of the doubt more often than not, and I don't feel that any of this is malicious or with poor intent, but as a paying customer, the net effect is the same as it's hard not to overlook these things and feel a bit slighted. The only true power a customer has it to take their business elsewhere. I hope they can take the feedback into consideration and actually implement changes for future customers.

Midwest Model Store, JetCollector, and ezToys are my go to now.
Ye RM model store and Diecastairplanestore for shipping are the worst, glad RM model store is gone

Ye RM model store and Diecastairplanestore for shipping are the worst, glad RM model store is gone
What do you mean by ' RM model store is gone'? Their website is still live! I tried to see if it would allow me to place an order, and I was able to take an order right up to the point of paying before I stopped.

Done
What do you mean by ' RM model store is gone'? Their website is still live! I tried to see if it would allow me to place an order, and I was able to take an order right up to the point of paying before I stopped.
done as in the community will never Trust him again and we’ll ever get sales due to the backlash look them up on YouTube Citrus aviation and many more people on getting scammed thousands of $Dollars also I’m also a victim of getting scammed by RM was $90 only but yeah still a lot

Done

done as in the community will never Trust him again and we’ll ever get sales due to the backlash look them up on YouTube Citrus aviation and many more people on getting scammed thousands of $Dollars also I’m also a victim of getting scammed by RM was $90 only but yeah still a lot
Thanks for the clarification. I took a look at Citrus Aviation's YouTube channel

I unfortunately bought 3 models from DiecastAirplaneStore for Black Friday. One of the planes in my order was the GJ Delta A220-300 1/400 scale which at the time was a pre-order (given that it was a December release), so I understand there being some delay in getting it. This plane, however, has now been in stock for several weeks and yet my order still says "Awaiting Fulfillment". Thankfully I got the Route package protection. I'm thinking about waiting it out until the end of January and then cancelling if nothing changes. Does this sound like a fair plan, or should I go about this differently?

They have become slower when it comes to shipping. When the new NGs arrive, they ship out a few days after it arrives to other US retailers. They have shipped my models in full protection both 1/200 and 1/400 ones. Haven’t had any issues and they offer great discounts.

My guess is ever since the family running it expanded and bought other businesses including diecast airplane from Steve up in MA, their inventory management became out of sync and things not in stock end up listed as in stock. They should rectify this issue immediately.

Done

Can't the owner be charged criminally for fraud? It's amazing that no one seems to care enough. Call your credit card companies, file a police report through his local jurisdiction.

Can't the owner be charged criminally for fraud? It's amazing that no one seems to care enough. Call your credit card companies, file a police report through his local jurisdiction.
Wish the authorities and banks listened but there so slow yes you should do all those following things you’ve mentioned I did file a fraud charge on my card took months to resolve

I inquired about my order via email and it turns out it just shipped today. It should get to me by the 11th according to the FedEx tracking info. Hopefully it's intact.