Phoenix Models June 2023 Releases

We did discuss it before but someone asked the question and I gave my opinion, which triggered you. I can't help that. I run a review site - I review models! It's only an argument because you're making it one.

Before you got involved the conversation was all nice and in general nobody was getting annoyed. You are the one with and creating the problem - again.

Stop telling people what to discuss. Did you take a straw poll of who was annoyed or did you just decide people were annoyed? Because I only saw one person in the entire thread apart from you who was at all annoyed. Everyone else was resigned to these 747s and discussing them reasonably - even me.

I might add that every month Phoenix release on these moulds I am duty bound to discuss them and unless I assume every single person who watches every video or reads every word of mine is the same there will be some repetition. Sorry.

You took the opportunity to do more than just explain. Without wanting to state the obvious, but what stuck with me was that “purchasing a Phoenix 747 is still purchasing shit,” and that they are “rubish, rubish, rubish.” You insist otherwise, but it is pretty difficult for those of us who had bought their 747s to just be happy and cheerful with such comments.

So, I just thought I’d pull things the other way a bit, as always.

I want to note that if I do not respond further it is only because I feel I have already exposed everything I wanted to expose on this topic.

Shit is a word literally used in my 12 year old son's English lessons. You treat everyone like they are a child Jorge. They are not. Swearing in a conversation about something inanimate isn't offensive. Swearing at someone and calling them it is.
I don't that shit is a swear word just like fuck is ain't a swear word in some applications. It al depends on what country you're from

This is why I collect more 1/200 than 1/400 nowadays. For just twice or sometimes thrice the price, you get something 4 times larger with more details.

This is why I collect more 1/200 than 1/400 nowadays. For just twice or sometimes thrice the price, you get something 4 times larger with more details.
Eh, as a former 1:200 guy there's really no merit other than size. 400 has evolved, while 200 has declined; the best 400 scale brands now have just as much detail with half the fit-and-finish issues. Shoddy printing, paint bubbling and wobbly removable gears have become the norm in 200, all of which absolutely grind my gears.

Last edited:
You took the opportunity to do more than just explain. Without wanting to state the obvious, but what stuck with me was that “purchasing a Phoenix 747 is still purchasing shit,” and that they are “rubish, rubish, rubish.” You insist otherwise, but it is pretty difficult for those of us who had bought their 747s to just be happy and cheerful with such comments.

I want to note that if I do not respond further it is only because I feel I have already exposed everything I wanted to expose on this topic.
Whilst I agree with the statement of buy what you want, I do agree with Richards opinion that the phoenix 747 is very poor and not worth the money.

My gripe with phoenix is that like Richard says are incredibly lazy and are just cashing in on the hype for 747 classics which reduces the chance of other brands making the model.

I'm all for buying what you want but these manufacturers should be made aware of problems with their moulds and if they refuse or have no interest in improving them than they should be criticised, especially when they are wanting £45 / $60 for them.

End of the day, all of us work hard for our cash and we get alot of joy out of collecting these models and we deserve the best quality these manufacturers can give. We shouldn't just accept everything they make without criticism and question as what's the point of having quality and detail?

It's all good. I should say that I really enjoyed your recent post about the BA PHX 747s you bought and have been pleased to see your site growing. Keep up the good work and feel free to disagree with me. I am not aiming to be 'the voice' of 400 scale. Many voices makes an interesting hobby and your views are very valid and well thought through.

After reading through this thread, I can safely say that there’s quite a lot of differing views on the Phoenix 747. There’s a lot of ways to interpret this as seen above, but here’s my take.

While the moulds themselves have their issues, I’m not going to let that dim my enthusiasm for the releases as a whole. However, I will say that I probably won’t buy the Delta 741, especially if NG is going to be ready to unveil their classics in a few months time. I haven’t heard anything new though, so it might be a while, but I’m a patient man and I’m willing to wait if a newer mould is coming. The Northwest 744 is more interesting; I’m on the fence about this release, but seeing as no one else is likely to release this anytime soon, I might just buy this.

On another note, I’d be interested in the Delta MD-11 too. This is the first time that I would consider buying multiple new Phoenix releases. The question is, when will they all be available? I see it takes more than just one month for the releases to be made.

If people don’t buy these 747s, Phoenix might just learn to update them to make them better.

Better is a win win for everyone

I’m Definitely getting the two A340s

If people don’t buy these 747s, Phoenix might just learn to update them to make them better.

It would be a miracle if Phoniex updated those Moulds. And it would be a magical miracle if it was updated and decent.

Even that'll be like putting lipstick on a pig; not much they can do if the base shape is so off. The best bet is to wait for NG, not exactly a pleasing prospect considering they'll probably release 10 Qatars before anything else:(

Amazing to see those Delta’s! Might pick up the MD-11 or 747, also the BBJ 748 (I saw it in real life) and Lufthansa 747.

So I may end up picking 5, or rather, surely 2 and maybe 3.
Debating the 154 and the BoA
But NG seems very apprehensive about making South American models - so I can guess that's not going to be coming anytime soon if at all - same with the Kras I'd presume.
The 2 A340s are coming home for sure as I'd missed the Panda ones, and maybe the Delta MD-11 - considering GJ may never make one again in light of the conversation earlier on 'protecting American collector's interests' (whatever in the hyper-capitalist f*** that means) - and JC won't be allowed to.
Sigh.

I am not in disagreement with you.

Whilst I agree with the statement of buy what you want, I do agree with Richards opinion that the phoenix 747 is very poor and not worth the money.

I agree, but everyone will have different opinions on this. As an example, I - for very particular reasons - decided that the PH BA Landor 744 from April was not worth my money and did not buy it. However, I - for very particular reasons - decided that the PH BA Landor 741 and 742 from April were a worthy purchase.

My gripe with phoenix is that like Richard says are incredibly lazy and are just cashing in on the hype for 747 classics which reduces the chance of other brands making the model.

I have said this myself.

I'm all for buying what you want but these manufacturers should be made aware of problems with their moulds and if they refuse or have no interest in improving them than they should be criticised, especially when they are wanting £45 / $60 for them.

End of the day, all of us work hard for our cash and we get alot of joy out of collecting these models and we deserve the best quality these manufacturers can give. We shouldn't just accept everything they make without criticism and question as what's the point of having quality and detail?

I have done this myself.

------

I can see how it is very easy for people to miss the point of what I am trying to get across. But it doesn't matter anymore.