Phoenix Models June 2023 Releases

I myself think that the PH 747 is shit, but i just must have that EL AL 742. I have no odea to wait and see if JC will release this EL AL 742 with the same livery

I myself think that the PH 747 is shit, but i just must have that EL AL 742. I have no odea to wait and see if JC will release this EL AL 742 with the same livery
I seriously doubt there'll be any other EL AL 747-200s for years. Personally I still wouldn't get it but I understand your desire too.

I seriously doubt there'll be any other EL AL 747-200s for years. Personally I still wouldn't get it but I understand your desire too.
Yeah. I have the entire AC EL AL 747 six pack but i don't have them in this livery.
I have one PH 742 and it's a bad mould i mean on the verge of Herpa quality

Phoenix always has the best release sets by a country mile, and also the worst moulds. They're a reverse-NG.
hahaha this is basically the best definition of Phoenix i've seen.

Their choices are top notch. These releases are simply fantastic... but for me they are worthless because of their crappy moulds.
Phoenix seems to be poking fun at collectors by releasing so many great 747 liveries in their awful mould.

I hope they have this same energy to release some good 767s and A330/A340s later on. These are very good moulds by PH.

hahaha this is basically the best definition of Phoenix i've seen.

Their choices are top notch. These releases are simply fantastic... but for me they are worthless because of their crappy moulds.
Phoenix seems to be poking fun at collectors by releasing so many great 747 liveries in their awful mould.

I hope they have this same energy to release some good 767s and A330/A340s later on. These are very good moulds by PH.
Yeah. To be fair there are some good releases this month but it really is chalk and cheese

The situation with the Phoenix 747 reminds me of the stir the BBX/Magic/Netmodels/5-Stars 747 releases caused years ago. Same with the BBOX L-1011.

Some collectors will overlook all these things and enjoy them regardless, fine, and I can understand why they won’t like to be told what they’re buying is crap. Richard’s direct style reminds me of my other half, she’s an Aussie so I’m used to it, but I’m sure there’s no hate behind it. It’s easy for all this to get lost in translation on a forum however, with differing cultures etc.

However it should not prevent objective discussion, and this is the right space for that to happen. I’ve said it before, opinions always muddy facts and that’s where it becomes a very frustrating debate to observe.

The Phoenix 747 feels to me like a copy Rolex watch, that’s the vibe I get from it, but it will still have it’s supporters. There’s a definite sniff of something better on the horizon and I personally think it’s worth waiting for. Patience will be rewarded, just as it was with the NG TriStar.

Also another irony is how Richard’s stance on the Phoenix 747 mirrors the stance Andrew Klein took with the Blue Box L-1011 back in the day, for anyone who might remember that

The situation with the Phoenix 747 reminds me of the stir the BBX/Magic/Netmodels/5-Stars 747 releases caused years ago. Same with the BBOX L-1011.

Some collectors will overlook all these things and enjoy them regardless, fine, and I can understand why they won’t like to be told what they’re buying is crap. Richard’s direct style reminds me of my other half, she’s an Aussie so I’m used to it, but I’m sure there’s no hate behind it. It’s easy for all this to get lost in translation on a forum however, with differing cultures etc.

However it should not prevent objective discussion, and this is the right space for that to happen. I’ve said it before, opinions always muddy facts and that’s where it becomes a very frustrating debate to observe.

The Phoenix 747 feels to me like a copy Rolex watch, that’s the vibe I get from it, but it will still have it’s supporters. There’s a definite sniff of something better on the horizon and I personally think it’s worth waiting for. Patience will be rewarded, just as it was with the NG TriStar.
Well I sure hope that'll be the case, I'm still waiting on the 747 update NG promised for early June.

Also another irony is how Richard’s stance on the Phoenix 747 mirrors the stance Andrew Klein took with the Blue Box L-1011 back in the day, for anyone who might remember that
Urgghh don't compare me to him. Klein always argues in the whatboutery, ad hominem attack style. I try to keep it to the models.

As I understand it his anger towards the BBX Tristars wasn't so much about the mould but the fact he had a L-1011 under development himself at the time. The ultimate irony is that I bet an Aeroclassics L-1011 from 2005 would be much better than the Aeroclassics L-1011 he ended up releasing in 2020 or whenever it was!!

I know. NG have this knack of saying something to please and then get ahead of themselves by doing it; too many irons in the fire. I’m sure they’ll deliver though.
It's been 3 months of radio silence, so fingers crossed NG pulls a Cathay Tristar. Getting the -8 correct now would make life much easier for them when developing the -400.

Another side of the
Urgghh don't compare me to him. Klein always argues in the whatboutery, ad hominem attack style. I try to keep it to the models.

As I understand it his anger towards the BBX Tristars wasn't so much about the mould but the fact he had a L-1011 under development himself at the time. The ultimate irony is that I bet an Aeroclassics L-1011 from 2005 would be much better than the Aeroclassics L-1011 he ended up releasing in 2020 or whenever it was!!
It was just an observation 😂 Strip everything down and there were still direct criticisms aimed at the mould itself, with the promise of something better coming along etc.

That L-1011 under development was, I’m sure, what turned out to be the AV400 tooling, it came too late for AC as they parted company with that factory at around that time, 2007. Either way I agree with you there - if not that tooling it still would have been better than the 2020 effort (my own opinion of course)

Another side of the

It was just an observation 😂 Strip everything down and there were still direct criticisms aimed at the mould itself, with the promise of something better coming along etc.

That L-1011 under development was, I’m sure, what turned out to be the AV400 tooling, it came too late for AC as they parted company with that factory at around that time, 2007. Either way I agree with you there - if not that tooling it still would have been better than the 2020 effort (my own opinion of course)

I hadn't thought about that. You're almost 100% certainly correct. What a missed opportunity that was. AC would have really used that mould, which remains really strong.

I can feel alot of collectors pain. Although I am not a classic collector, I do love seeing some of the more retro liveries as they do look very nice. I just wish phoenix took a bit more care into their models and sought to improve the moulds and if they aren't willing to, just stop making good models on rubbish moulds.

I can sort of relate to models being made on rubbish moulds with JC Wings. Don't get me wrong, JC do make some fantastic moulds. I love the 747-400 and the 777 but I loathe the a320 and 737. They frustrate me as they make models such as Ryanair, Easyjet and Thomas cook but they're on these rubbish moulds and it massively reduces the chances of another company making the models on a better mould.