Phoenix Models June 2023 Releases

PH just gets it right with their selections. That Kras I've been asking NG for but, well.
And the Bolivia one I'd sent to NG a long time ago. That's such a stunner. But, well.

Might just fold over those United 747's, the other 747's that were released last month didn't seem too bad so lets hope these turn out nicely

Might just fold over those United 747's, the other 747's that were released last month didn't seem too bad so lets hope these turn out nicely
They were awful - just with nice paint. The 400s are definitely worse than the 200s but don't kid yourself they are rubbish models. Yeah you might not be able to find alternatives but you're still buying shit if you get these.

They were awful - just with nice paint. The 400s are definitely worse than the 200s but don't kid yourself they are rubbish models. Yeah you might not be able to find alternatives but you're still buying shit if you get these.
At this point the only thing is that us newer collectors never had the chance to get those 747's early, and so these Phoenix releases are our only bet to get them within a reasonable price. No one else is willing to re-release these 747's despite having the moulds available and any possible NG 747 classic mould is far over the horizon, being at the very least a year away.

At this point the only thing is that us newer collectors never had the chance to get those 747's early, and so these Phoenix releases are our only bet to get them within a reasonable price. No one else is willing to re-release these 747's despite having the moulds available and any possible NG 747 classic mould is far over the horizon, being at the very least a year away.
That simply isn't true.

1. There are plenty of early Gemini Jets and Dragon Wings 747s knocking around all of which are far superior to the shit being pumped out by Phoenix. They are available and cheap. Big Bird and Aeroclassics aren't the only game in town. For example there are examples made of the DL, NW, LH and UA 747s this month available from GJ and DW. They may not have aerials but the base moulds and total product is superior.

2. Plus JC Wings have been releasing 744s on their new mould regularly recently
3. Plus the NG 747s are less than a year away and there may be another 747 coming too from what I hear

4. Finally - why are people willing to buy something so poor? Do you NEED it? Why not just go and buy a Daron toy if your criteria is simply to own a Delta 747 for example. At what point is something so poor it shouldn't be supported?

I've heard all these arguments and they simply aren't convincing me. By all means buy them if you want but don't be under any illusion that they are anything but rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.

DL_741_02.JPG

NW_744_11.JPG

That simply isn't true.

1. There are plenty of early Gemini Jets and Dragon Wings 747s knocking around all of which are far superior to the shit being pumped out by Phoenix. They are available and cheap. Big Bird and Aeroclassics aren't the only game in town. For example there are examples made of the DL, NW, LH and UA 747s this month available from GJ and DW. They may not have aerials but the base moulds and total product is superior.

2. Plus JC Wings have been releasing 744s on their new mould regularly recently
3. Plus the NG 747s are less than a year away and there may be another 747 coming too from what I hear

4. Finally - why are people willing to buy something so poor? Do you NEED it? Why not just go and buy a Daron toy if your criteria is simply to own a Delta 747 for example. At what point is something so poor it shouldn't be supported?

I've heard all these arguments and they simply aren't convincing me. By all means buy them if you want but don't be under any illusion that they are anything but rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.

View attachment 17016

View attachment 17017
Regarding that other 747... Is it from Panda? I've heard they're working on a new widebody mould. Or maybe an NG 744?

Phoenix 747 models truly stand out. Don't let a few distract you; if you like it, go ahead and get one.

I find it truly baffling how some individuals harbor such intense animosity towards a mere model plane. A model pales in comparison to countless other important matters in the grand scheme of life. Personally, I believe redirecting that energy away from spreading hate would be a more fruitful endeavor. Moreover, I'm genuinely curious—what exactly does one gain from hating on a model?

If their claims are solely for "educational purposes," then it's best to present evidence and allow collectors to make their own judgments.

On a side note, it's worth pointing out some glaring errors with 747 molds:
  • Dragon Wings: The only discernible detail seems to be the baggage door, while the wing flex appears excessive, the undercarriage is rather chunky, and they lack aerials.
  • JC Wings: The cockpit is massively oversized, and the landing gears suffer from being too large.

Phoenix 747 models truly stand out. Don't let a few distract you; if you like it, go ahead and get one.

I find it truly baffling how some individuals harbor such intense animosity towards a mere model plane. A model pales in comparison to countless other important matters in the grand scheme of life. Personally, I believe redirecting that energy away from spreading hate would be a more fruitful endeavor. Moreover, I'm genuinely curious—what exactly does one gain from hating on a model?

If their claims are solely for "educational purposes," then it's best to present evidence and allow collectors to make their own judgments.

• Dragon Wings: The only discernible detail seems to be the baggage door, while the wing flex appears excessive, and the undercarriage is rather chunky.
  • JC Wings: The cockpit is massively oversized, and the landing gears suffer from being too large.
I find it truly baffling how the truth is so painful for people.

I don't harbour animosity towards model planes or people buying them but I don't like ignorance and stupidity to be the norm either. If people like it go ahead and get it but don't pretend it is quality. 'Spreading hate' is not what is going on - I haven't said anything that isn't obviously true. I see critically analysing model releases and not just pretending everything is great, like a 5 year old.

I'm not saying other 747s moulds are perfect by any margin but they are literally all better than these.

• Dragon Wings: The only discernible detail seems to be the baggage door, while the wing flex appears excessive, the undercarriage is rather chunky, and they lack aerials.
I also find it baffling how rather than discuss the topic - the Phoenix releases - you feel the need to discuss my motivation for discussing them rather than the points that have been raised. This is what is called 'whataboutery' and is what you just did. You make an accusation then create a straw man argument (in this case the 'spreading hate' line) and then turn it into a personal attack.

whatboutery.JPG

Why does discussion of model planes offend you so much?

You'll still be able to get a lot of PHX 747's months after their releases, quite often on sale if you shop around. That's the only time I consider buying the PHX 747's.