Paint Color Code to HEX

Jazajia

I am working on an artwork for an Aserca DC-9-30:

0353237.jpg

I can't print white so I'm planning on printing the entire crimson tail with the logo on it on white decal paper and painting the crimson portion on the lower fuselage.

Testors enamel 1104TT looks good to me, but I am trying to find the corresponding HEX code to print the tail decal (See the screenshot attached. The tail is narrower on purpose to match the poorly proportioned Net Models mold...)

Google did not yield any expeditious results on the subject, so I'd figured I ask here.

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 10.43.17 PM.png

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks JJ Skippy.

I am planning to use Testors Dark Gloss Red enamel paint for the belly, which has the color code 1104TT. I wanted to see if there is a way to find what is the HEX (or RGB) profile that corresponds to that paint. I am not sure if what I am asking actually has an answer, though. I took two online sample images of the Testors paint in question and got two vastly different HEX codes out of the two...

In the past, when I have had to match decal color to paint, I have just winged it, but want to be more precise for this project.

I'm thinking about purchasing the paint and scanning a sample to get a HEX or RBG profile out of it, I can't think of anything else. Just wanted to print this artwork soon and reduce the trial-and-error phase, but I guess I am out of luck.

Thanks JJ Skippy.

I am planning to use Testors Dark Gloss Red enamel paint for the belly, which has the color code 1104TT. I wanted to see if there is a way to find what is the HEX (or RGB) profile that corresponds to that paint. I am not sure if what I am asking actually has an answer, though. I took two online sample images of the Testors paint in question and got two vastly different HEX codes out of the two...

In the past, when I have had to match decal color to paint, I have just winged it, but want to be more precise for this project.

I'm thinking about purchasing the paint and scanning a sample to get a HEX or RBG profile out of it, I can't think of anything else. Just wanted to print this artwork soon and reduce the trial-and-error phase, but I guess I am out of luck.
I made this one out of a hasegawa DC-9 I converted to a series -30. I tried to match the color to that same picture and also painted the tail. The logo on the tail was a white decal cut on a cricut. I placed the color decal on top. I would also paint the tail white and place a mask made with the cricut to paint red above it. Once clear coated, place the decal in the area.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1674139499113.jpg
    FB_IMG_1674139499113.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 12
I made this one out of a hasegawa DC-9 I converted to a series -30. I tried to match the color to that same picture and also painted the tail. The logo on the tail was a white decal cut on a cricut. I placed the color decal on top. I would also paint the tail white and place a mask made with the cricut to paint red above it. Once clear coated, place the decal in the area.

I'm so glad you chimed in, I thought about tagging you here. I had seen your Aserca custom before and was wondering how you had done it. It looks amazing by the way. You are very talented.

Cricut, okay, I did not know what that was until 2 minutes ago, I think I might be adding one to the tool repertoire before the end of the week, looks so promising...

Hasegawa, that is 1:200 then, correct? Do you think a Cricut will work to cut out a piece of masking tape matching the Aserca logo in 1:400. I'm also using the Net Models mold, which has a shrunken tail :cautious:

Muchas gracias Jose!

I'm so glad you chimed in, I thought about tagging you here. I had seen your Aserca custom before and was wondering how you had done it. It looks amazing by the way. You are very talented.

Cricut, okay, I did not know what that was until 2 minutes ago, I think I might be adding one to the tool repertoire before the end of the week, looks so promising...

Hasegawa, that is 1:200 then, correct? Do you think a Cricut will work to cut out a piece of masking tape matching the Aserca logo in 1:400. I'm also using the Net Models mold, which has a shrunken tail :cautious:

Muchas gracias Jose!
Thanks. So are you, I love those Servivensa customs and Super 27s you made. Mine are still pending. 😁 Actually I want to make the Aeropostal Super 27.

There are several cutting machines. Honestly I've only used the cricut, but after some extensive online research that I decided to get it over the others.

I think it should be able to cut that logo that size. Infact I'll make a quick test today and check.