NG models July?

Agree. People have been asking for 747 moulds for ages and yet, after all these years, they still don't have a proper 747-8, let alone a -100/200/300/400... I wouldn't be surprised if their next mould is one that is already well presented by other brands. Their finished products are very good, but originality is not in their dictionairy.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the 748 was quietly shelved, they don't even acknowledge emails about it anymore. Kinda a half-joke, but maybe not..?

Agree. People have been asking for 747 moulds for ages and yet, after all these years, they still don't have a proper 747-8, let alone a -100/200/300/400... I wouldn't be surprised if their next mould is one that is already well presented by other brands. Their finished products are very good, but originality is not in their dictionairy.
That's a little harsh but not entirely untrue. They have produced the Tu-204-100/300, 737-600, A318 that haven't really been made before and you could argue that the 747SP, 757, L-1011 and Tu-154 are all types that had only been represented previously on ancient moulds.

BUT I also agree with you in that they have been making very populist choices, which is very frustrating for those of us collecting a more diverse set of models.

Compared to all the other extant manufacturers I think you could argue only Panda (Tupolevs) and perhaps JC Wings (An-26) have shown the same sort of originality in recent times on a mould basis. In terms of liveries though yeah not so much.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the 748 was quietly shelved, they don't even acknowledge emails about it anymore. Kinda a half-joke, but maybe not..?
It seems NG have just been super busy in the last month. The expectation that they will respond to individual collectors e-mails is misplaced nowadays. The mould isn't going to be shelved - I'm sure it will show up, but like I said before I'd be surprised if they modify the base fuselage of it.

Their finished products are very good, but originality is not in their dictionairy.

The sad thing is that it used to be! Their first releases, specially the 757s and L-1011s, were simply incredible and very diverse.
They could have a modern Delta B757-200 with winglets and also an early-built Air Europe 757-200 with early Rolls Royce engines.
Too bad that, nowadays, they seem to be releasing less classics and less diverse stuff.

The Tu-204 and such was the first mould I think they made that no one else did, although I do agree with you

I love all of NG’s models, it’s sad they can’t release many Delta aircraft (still don’t fully understand the situation, I think Delta has an agreement with Gemini, hence all the new Delta releases.)
I wish they would make more Delta too (even though Delta is actually one of NG's most produced airlines, even without any 1:400 scale releases since July 2022), but NG is making the Delta Connection CRJ-200 in the 2002 Soaring Spirit livery (in 1:200 scale), so I don't necessarily think there's an agreement with Gemini. There's some 1:400 Delta releases that are desperately needed and that I'd love to see NG do (such as the A319 and A320).

It seems NG have just been super busy in the last month. The expectation that they will respond to individual collectors e-mails is misplaced nowadays. The mould isn't going to be shelved - I'm sure it will show up, but like I said before I'd be surprised if they modify the base fuselage of it.
Is there anything that kept them busy recently in particular?

And yes I do agree it would've gotten increasingly difficult to follow up to individual emails, but some of us have noticed that they still actively replied in regards to other inquiries. It just happens to be ignored whenever the message contains "747." Coincidence? Maybe, but I think not.

I wish they would make more Delta too (even though Delta is actually one of NG's most produced airlines, even without any 1:400 scale releases since July 2022), but NG is making the Delta Connection CRJ-200 in the 2002 Soaring Spirit livery (in 1:200 scale), so I don't necessarily think there's an agreement with Gemini. There's some 1:400 Delta releases that are desperately needed and that I'd love to see NG do (such as the A319 and A320).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Delta does have an agreement with Gemini, evident from museum exclusives, corporate orders (one example seen through GJ1452X), etc, and it makes sense that GJ's recent focus has been on Delta. However I doubt it's affecting NG really that much. Like you said there are options for Delta like the Airbus narrowbodies that have not been recently touched by GJ, so if NG is holding it off there must be another reason, or it may just be in a long queue.

Is there anything that kept them busy recently in particular?

And yes I do agree it would've gotten increasingly difficult to follow up to individual emails, but some of us have noticed that they still actively replied in regards to other inquiries. It just happens to be ignored whenever the message contains "747." Coincidence? Maybe, but I think not.
Well yes. Two things spring to mind:

- the backlog of models they said they wanted to clear by the end of this month (and still haven't fully)
- the launch and implementation of the CRP programme

I suspect both have taken up a lot of extra time.

NG have always replied to what they feel like replying too - usually with a quick and limited reply light on timescales or details. People have been reading far to much into their replies for sometime taking them as concrete yes/nos when they are usually just vague intentions. Asking about any 747 other than the 747-8 is pointless because they don't want to talk about moulds they haven't even got the samples out for. Asking about updates to moulds in general is also unlikely to get you any concrete answers.

No offence guys but if they haven't told me the chances of them telling you are limited, and in recent times they have barely been answering me.

NG have always replied to what they feel like replying too - usually with a quick and limited reply light on timescales or details. People have been reading far to much into their replies for sometime taking them as concrete yes/nos when they are usually just vague intentions. Asking about any 747 other than the 747-8 is pointless because they don't want to talk about moulds they haven't even got the samples out for. Asking about updates to moulds in general is also unlikely to get you any concrete answers.
A simple "yes" to requests/wishlists has indeed been a staple of their comms and I understand its vagueness, and that is why I stopped asking for new moulds long ago. It is certainly not something an individual collector can change and I respect that.

In terms of mould improvements, I do realize it is also unlikely to receive useful responses due to the complexity it involves as opposed to the its effect being a fairly minor change. Last time with the 777 though, I was lucky to have received updates on the moulded details of the wings that I suggested, in the form of diagrams. I still remember getting surprised by the level of dedication they showed to an individual collector like myself; and while perhaps it isn't something I should expect for every occasion, having received such response before certainly had my hopes up.

A simple "yes" to requests/wishlists has indeed been a staple of their comms and I understand its vagueness, and that is why I stopped asking for new moulds long ago. It is certainly not something an individual collector can change and I respect that.

In terms of mould improvements, I do realize it is also unlikely to receive useful responses due to the complexity it involves as opposed to the its effect being a fairly minor change. Last time with the 777 though, I was lucky to have received updates on the moulded details of the wings that I suggested, in the form of diagrams. I still remember getting surprised by the level of dedication they showed to an individual collector like myself; and while perhaps it isn't something I should expect for every occasion, having received such response before certainly had my hopes up.
I think they have periods of more comms and periods of less. At the moment it certainly seems they are pre-occupied. I wouldn't read too much into it though.

On another note, the July exchange mall should open pretty soon. Since exciting things are planned according to NG, Qatar and North American collectors rejoice!

That's indeed true, but it's so funny to see NG being mentioned in almost every thread here. Something like:

Person 1: I'd like to see a new DC-9 mould being released.
Person 2: Yeah, NG really should do it!

lol
I mean... some people seem to expect too much, I guess.
Don't you think if enough people ask for the same thing, the penny would finally drop with any manufacturer, that they can see a profit in making it?

Don't you think if enough people ask for the same thing, the penny would finally drop with any manufacturer, that they can see a profit in making it?

To be honest, I don't see people asking for the same thing... I see people asking random things and expecting NG to somehow fulfill their wishes

I got this email from Texan Airplane Store. This is kind of a shot in the dark but I wonder if these shipment delays have something to do with us not getting July hints yet?
IMG_6455.jpg

I honestly question if there will even be a July set. Would certainly be out of character for NG to skip a month (especially outside of Chinese New Year), but it seems they've been really busy lately, especially with their reward program. Hopefully these shipping issues get resolved soon.

I got this email from Texan Airplane Store. This is kind of a shot in the dark but I wonder if these shipment delays have something to do with us not getting July hints yet?
View attachment 19770

I honestly question if there will even be a July set. Would certainly be out of character for NG to skip a month (especially outside of Chinese New Year), but it seems they've been really busy lately, especially with their reward program. Hopefully these shipping issues get resolved soon.
Tinfoil theory, but I think the CRP is overwhelming NG. Why the delays now, as opposed to earlier when the backlog was larger? Between the radio silence on the 748, declining release set quality and now this, it kinda seems like NG is ignoring the fundamentals in a quest for gimmicks. Nobody asked for the CRP, we just want good models and diverse release sets...