NG Models Classics Production

Honestly i don't collect the classics, and i see more people focused on the airlines of today... IG it's full of people that are creating diorama of airport with current airlines....

rarely i see people focused on the classics...
I think that you deserve better mould than the ac but.... The market ask more the current airlines.

Don't forget that most people on Instagram are younger people. You won't see many older collectors there, but they definitely exist.

Mark is right here. Instagram is hardly the preserve of a lot of people over 30. If you go onto Facebook and look at a group like Raimond's 'As Real As It Gets' you'll see a lot more dioramas and airports full of retro airliners. For example aside from Raimond's there is Brian Keane's 80s JFK layout, Hu Chows Kai Tak layout, a lot of Akira's work is retro etc etc.

Somewhat ironically these models also are usually of a far superior quality to the usual Gemini terminal on a table top Instagram provides a lot of.

I would also raise the point that older collectors, more likely to care about classics, have a lot more disposable income than a teen or 20 something. So even though there are less of them their purchasing power is much larger per collector. I suspect most teens get between 1-3 models a month whereas older collectors will buy more (guessing 5-10) and then there are people like me and Sam buying 10-20 a month.

Fair enough, starting a debate was not my intention either.

Nothing wrong with a good debate lads as long as it remains talking about the models and not each other.

Mark is right here. Instagram is hardly the preserve of a lot of people over 30. If you go onto Facebook and look at a group like Raimond's 'As Real As It Gets' you'll see a lot more dioramas and airports full of retro airliners. For example aside from Raimond's there is Brian Keane's 80s JFK layout, Hu Chows Kai Tak layout, a lot of Akira's work is retro etc etc.

Somewhat ironically these models also are usually of a far superior quality to the usual Gemini terminal on a table top Instagram provides a lot of.

I would also raise the point that older collectors, more likely to care about classics, have a lot more disposable income than a teen or 20 something. So even though there are less of them their purchasing power is much larger per collector. I suspect most teens get between 1-3 models a month whereas older collectors will buy more (guessing 5-10) and then there are people like me and Sam buying 10-20 a month.

Nothing wrong with a good debate lads as long as it remains talking about the models and not each other.
Im under 20 and i can tell you that people my age get around 2-1 models a month. And i do love models that i flew in or got to see but i much prefer classics livery's because they have much more diversity and colors. But i think that no young person wants a electra or Bristol Britannia or other prop planes.
And damn I've gota say 20 models a month is the dream XD.
I mean that's like one out of 5 models released every month.

On the side note I mostly collect classic planes because there is some fun for me in the hunt for a specific model or that i know it's unique because NG/AC usually don't make the same classics plane more than 2-3 times so i know it's not like a A380 which there is tons off.

Im under 20 and i can tell you that people my age get around 2-1 models a month. And i do love models that i flew in or got to see but i much prefer classics livery's because they have much more diversity and colors. But i think that no young person wants a electra or Bristol Britannia or other prop planes.

Yeah you're right. I guess I should have taken into account also that a lot of older collectors migrate to 200 scale so I guess that lessens the impact of them having more $ and classics demand at the smaller sale.

But i think that no young person wants a electra or Bristol Britannia or other prop planes.
For me you're very wrong hahaha. I'd much much rather see those old props than any modern aircraft, even though I have never seen on flown most of them. Old aircraft had a lot more variety in terms of looks. Nowadays almost everything seems to be a eurowhite twinjet. Yawn.

For me you're very wrong hahaha. I'd much much rather see those old props than any modern aircraft, even though I have never seen on flown most of them. Old aircraft had a lot more variety in terms of looks. Nowadays almost everything seems to be a eurowhite twinjet. Yawn.
U misunderstood me, i meant that i prefer in the classic plane department a Dc10,747 over prop plane