New NG mould coming soon?

These molds are really looking like top-notch renditions of the MD-80.

But it is important to note that NG does not always deliver top-quality. Most of the time? So far, yes.

They have been slipping in some areas mold-wise, and art-work wise lately.

A good mold is key, but not the only element that makes up a model.

Looking forward to them putting this thing to good use!

I'm not too nitpicky about it, that's why :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Will NG be able to handle making all of these moulds? Obviously I'm happy these moulds are being made but it's surely coming at a hefty cost to them?
Probably not, unless they invest heavily in production facilities. And more moulds equals less release slots for each one, with the available spots being dominated by Chinese and US stuff. Expect complaints about QC and release choices to increase...

Last edited:
Probably not, unless they invest heavily in production facilities. And more moulds equals less release slots for each one, with the available spots being dominated by Chinese and US stuff. Expect complaints about QC and release choices to increase...
Haven't they recently posted some photos of the shop floor expansion or something? If they had indeed done that, then I believe this is achievable...

Haven't they recently posted some photos of the shop floor expansion or something? If they had indeed done that, then I believe this is achievable...
You are correct. They look pretty big but I’m still unsure if they’re big enough to support 40 to 50 releases a month yet. This most recent announcement will surely put this facility to the test.

You are correct. They look pretty big but I’m still unsure if they’re big enough to support 40 to 50 releases a month yet. This most recent announcement will surely put this facility to the test.

That factory looks really well kept too, they definitely know what they are doing there.

It should be very interesting to see how NG carries out the releases on these new molds. I have a hunch that we could be seeing even larger sets than what we've been seeing lately.

It should be very interesting to see how NG carries out the releases on these new molds. I have a hunch that we could be seeing even larger sets than what we've been seeing lately.
Most probably. They might increase the count to 50 or even 60 releases per month!

I just hope that the older moulds don't get left behind.

Most probably. They might increase the count to 50 or even 60 releases per month!

I just hope that the older moulds don't get left behind.
Older molds getting left behind is what I'm worried about. Perhaps even some of the newer molds (e.g. 737 MAX) could also get left behind.

I also hope QC stays consistent with all these molds coming out. We've been seeing some slip-ups in that category over the last 6 months or so.

I wonder if NG is capable of handling 50 - 60 releases in a single month (and that's not including delayed models from other months). I don't know if they are.