Models of aircraft you've spotted or flown

Very interesting topic, but difficult for me. Born in the late 1970's but the 1/400 collection focuses on 1950's to mid 1970's stuff, so there's not much that I could have spotted or flown on😞
There's just one that comes to mind: Belugas are a regular sight at my local spot and my son loves them - XL5 was announced by NG the same time as it appeared on schedule so I decided to order one while waiting for it at the perimeter fence...😄

xl5 by Alexander Kern, auf Flickr
fgxln4 by Alexander Kern, auf Flickr

I managed to capture a British Airways B777-200ER at my airport (Tampa) back in January 2022: reg. G-VIIY. Fast forward a few months, I got myself the same plane from NG Models. Of course, there are key differences on the model compared to the actual aircraft. This is mainly because British Airways had G-VIIY refurbished, and updated the livery. The model by NG was made to look like it when it was originally delivered to BA (1999).

Key differences:
  • The layout of windows between L1 and L2 doors are different
  • The presence of the royal crown next to the "British Airways" titles is present on the real aircraft. It is not on the NG model
  • Wifi domes on both the actual aircraft and model are different sizes and at opposite ends of the fuselage. In fact, the dome on the aircraft is not present when it was first delivered to BA. This is a minor mistake on NG's part
80927_1042344666.jpg
G-VIIY in 2003 | photo by AJ on JetPhotos

20221203_171508.jpg
NG Models

20220113_145041.jpg
G-VIIY at Tampa Airport (Jan. 2022) | photo by me

I managed to capture a British Airways B777-200ER at my airport (Tampa) back in January 2022: reg. G-VIIY. Fast forward a few months, I got myself the same plane from NG Models. Of course, there are key differences on the model compared to the actual aircraft. This is mainly because British Airways had G-VIIY refurbished, and updated the livery. The model by NG was made to look like it when it was originally delivered to BA (1999).

Key differences:
  • The layout of windows between L1 and L2 doors are different
  • The presence of the royal crown next to the "British Airways" titles is present on the real aircraft. It is not on the NG model
  • Wifi domes on both the actual aircraft and model are different sizes and at opposite ends of the fuselage. In fact, the dome on the aircraft is not present when it was first delivered to BA. This is a minor mistake on NG's part
View attachment 7781
G-VIIY in 2003 | photo by AJ on JetPhotos

View attachment 7782
NG Models

View attachment 7783
G-VIIY at Tampa Airport (Jan. 2022) | photo by me

Very nice and enjoyable story, thanks for sharing!

Looks like NG wanted to portray the aircraft as it looked in the post-2007 period. Just like you described, but also without the "United Kindom" titles adjacent to the most aft doors. I had not noticed the error with the WiFi dome until now 😱

What you are referring to as the Royal Crown is the modern version of the British Airways coat of arms.

Very nice and enjoyable story, thanks for sharing!

Looks like NG wanted to portray the aircraft as it looked in the post-2007 period. Just like you described, but also without the "United Kindom" titles adjacent to the most aft doors. I had not noticed the error with the WiFi dome until now 😱

What you are referring to as the Royal Crown is the modern version of the British Airways coat of arms.
Ah, my mistake on the coat of arms. Thanks~

We don't seem to see much of Gemini Macs, here is their RAF P8 Poseidon ZP801 and the same aircraft training at my local airport, I think they've made a decent job of capturing it.1670597508720.jpeg1670596564541.jpeg

Don't spot that much (although I'd like to one day) but the models I have of aircrafts I've flown is the GJ United 777-200 (in Evo) N210UA in both 1:400 and 1:200, as well as the GJ United Express ERJ 175 (in Evo) N605UX also in both 1:4 and 1:2. And I've flown on those exact aircrafts (like same reg) in December 2020.

And technically of ones I've flown but aren't exact regs would be: the United 757-300 and a United 777-200 both in Post colors (in 1:2 and 4) (flew on Aug 2019), Hawaiian 767-300 with and without winglets. There's definitely others that I don't remember and some models I don't have of aircrafts I've flown like the Northwest DC-10, United 737-900 in Post, United 767-400, etc.