MADb Issues and Feedback

I just tried to log in from my iPhone and it works now….strange?
I don't know what fixed it, but I'm glad it's no longer an issue.

the brand is called "PLATZ"
Given that they are from a long time ago, only made 3 models, and they don't even have the decals pre-printed on the model, I think we'll leave this brand out for now. You can always add it as a custom from your My Collection page. When selecting the brand, just type it out in the search box then click SET AS IS.

Okay all - the long awaited messaging system is now available. I urge you to keep your expectations low. It is minimal and does the job of allowing simple communication between MADb users. Things to note:

- No one can initiate a conversation with you unless your collection is marked public. However, if you're not public, you can always initiate a conversation with anyone that is public.
- If you have unread messages, a red indicator will show up on the messages icon (top right).
- There is currently no way to receive email/text notifications if you receive new messages. (These cost money, of course, and we doing this project on a minimal budget to keep it free for everyone.)
- However, if you are browsing the site, the red indicator will show up in real-time if you receive a message.
- And if you have the message pop-up open, you will receive messages in real-time. So it's more of a chat then mail-type.
- If you want to easily link to a model within the chat, just use the model number with a # in front of it (no space) and it will be automatically linked. Example: #12345
- I highly encourage users to use the messaging system for brief conversation regarding their collections and potential trades, and then move to a more reputable messaging platform for more in depth conversation. This will ensure we can keep this service running for free.

More features and improvements will be made over time. As always, if you find any bugs, please report them here, send me a message, use the feedback on the website, or email me directly if you already have the email. (I don't want to post it here to prevent spam bots)

Given that they are from a long time ago, only made 3 models, and they don't even have the decals pre-printed on the model, I think we'll leave this brand out for now. You can always add it as a custom from your My Collection page. When selecting the brand, just type it out in the search box then click SET AS IS.
Could i add kits as a custom model? (example: Revell 1:72 scale P-51B model kit, use the set as is button to set the brand to revell etc)

I tried to upload pictures from mobile. After selecting pictures I wanted to change the order, but this doesn't work so well; one picture dissapeared and after I couldn't move the others.

Just noticed other scales has been added, like 1:600 with over 2k models. Where do you get these info from? I am asking because I was running a 1:600 database long time ago.

Just noticed other scales has been added, like 1:600 with over 2k models. Where do you get these info from? I am asking because I was running a 1:600 database long time ago
That scale has been listed since the beginning of the site, and no new models have been added there recently. The data for the site has been sourced from multiple sources.

I tried to upload pictures from mobile. After selecting pictures I wanted to change the order, but this doesn't work so well; one picture dissapeared and after I couldn't move the others.
Noted. I'll take a look to see what can be done to improve that interface on mobile.

Add model dimensions maybe? Like dividing the aircraft's real-world length, height, and wingspan with whatever scale the corresponding model's in. Might be a bit of a pain to implement, though.