Site-wide searchIn progress
Print collectionPlanned
Links to retailersPlanned
Sort collection by acquisition datePlanned
Notifications for when submitted corrections are approved or rejectedPlanned
Customizing what data is shown in search resultsEvaluating
Private messagingEvaluating
Tags for zinc issuesEvaluating

Additionally, JC has provided photos for a large number of their models (about half), so that has really increased the photos we have for 200 and 400 scale models. But we're still missing photos for a lot of models (to give you an idea, about 17000 models have at least one photo, while 27000 have none). So if you have any photos that you would like to share, please keep submitting them. Thanks for your help!

I've been slowly submitting some of my own photos to help close that gap on no-photo models. Thanks for your hard work on the database so far!

Site-wide searchCompleted
Sort collection by acquisition dateCompleted
Photo gallery viewer (to scroll through photos when zoomed in)Planned

All other items from previous post unchanged.

Search is now available in the header bar the top. I plan on adding a few other features to it, but it should work for now.

Model codes, I have seen up to 3 different model codes for some early release models. Look at African Safari Airways DC-8-50 I have codes for this model as PH404070 and PH4QSC138, but never seen it listed as PH10070. I don't know if there should be an alternative model code listing or should the remarks field show the alternative model numbers?

Model codes, I have seen up to 3 different model codes for some early release models. Look at African Safari Airways DC-8-50 I have codes for this model as PH404070 and PH4QSC138, but never seen it listed as PH10070. I don't know if there should be an alternative model code listing or should the remarks field show the alternative model numbers?
Yes, we're still trying to organize some of these item numbers and duplicate models. There is already a field for alternate item numbers.
It's very difficult because some retailers make up their own numbering system.

For that particular one, we originally had it as PH404070. But the source that provided that was clearly just adding a 4 in front of all the original 5-digits numbers. So it was removed. But 04070 is clearly a different model, as proven with these pics: https://www.wingsworld.cn/index.php/items/picture/id/29814

I think I found a bunch of other models that were numbered PH404xxx that were actually 10xxx, so that was applied here too.
I've added PH4QSC138 as an alternate for PH10070 for the time being. If anyone has any pictures of the box, that would be ideal to solve this one (and any others).

When uploading pictures for models, do I have to upload them one by one? Would be good if I could select a group of photos and send them all together. I just sent a few pics for the Phoenix Varig B767-300ER PP-VOJ model :)

Could you maybe add a retailer section where collectors can add shops and rate them and write about the experience they had with shops? I feel like this would be a helpful section to most of us.

Last edited:
When uploading pictures for models, do I have to upload them one by one? Would be good if I could select a group of photos and send them all together. I just sent a few pics for the Phoenix Varig B767-300ER PP-VOJ model :)
Yes, you can select multiple image files at the same time. In your standard file selection dialog box, just hold the Ctrl/Cmd key and select each file.
Could you maybe add a retailer section where collectors can add shops and rate them and write about the experience they had with shops? I feel like this would be a helpful section to most of us.
This may be explored in the future.

How long does the review/approval process typically take when submitting changes or photos?
I'm still waiting for my photos to be uploaded. They were sent on Saturday...
Okay, most edits/photos have been approved. Only a couple minor things that I'll need to check up on later.

Reminder to all: if you submit edits, please check your account page occasionally to see if there is something still pending. I leave comments if we need some more info on the correction. You can comment back where necessary. Eventually we will have a notification system, but for now they will be available from your account page.

Thanks again

Okay, most edits/photos have been approved. Only a couple minor things that I'll need to check up on later.

Reminder to all: if you submit edits, please check your account page occasionally to see if there is something still pending. I leave comments if we need some more info on the correction. You can comment back where necessary. Eventually we will have a notification system, but for now they will be available from your account page.

Thanks again
Thanks for the approval! I'll add as many as I can.

Sometimes when I go back a page, the website turns blank and I have to reload it. Does anyone else experience this?

Very nice feature that you can hold shift when deleting a model, so you don't get the pop-up, annoyed me often on DIMA.

Sometimes when I go back a page, the website turns blank and I have to reload it. Does anyone else experience this?

Very nice feature that you can hold shift when deleting a model, so you don't get the pop-up, annoyed me often on DIMA.
Yes, I have experienced the same. Not often but it has happend.

The latest releases / announcements don't show yet - what do you think the ETA would be for those?

On another note, there's this blog I follow, which keeps a record of the latest announcements - I'm on their mailing list - haven't explored who owns or runs it.
Maybe a great idea if MADb can work out a collaboration with them - link below