MADb Issues and Feedback

The latest releases / announcements don't show yet - what do you think the ETA would be for those?

On another note, there's this blog I follow, which keeps a record of the latest announcements - I'm on their mailing list - haven't explored who owns or runs it.
Maybe a great idea if MADb can work out a collaboration with them - link below

It is Nathan Bennett's. He's a friend of mine

I have an issue while entering dates, possibly due to my CET time zone. I have to enter a day later than the purchase date because one day is automatically deducted after editing.

Sorry all, life has gotten busier than usual lately. But I am still working on some things with MADb.
All latest releases *should* be entered, including GJ from today. If you see anything missing, please submit them using the ADD MODEL button. Thanks for your continued support!

I have an issue while entering dates, possibly due to my CET time zone. I have to enter a day later than the purchase date because one day is automatically deducted after editing.
Should be fixed now. Let me know if you're still seeing the wrong dates when inputting.

Could you please include the YRD models in the database?
Added. thanks to Rich!

I hope this hasn't already been mentioned.

Is it possible to move the "wanted" and "for trade" sections to separate tabs? Currently, they all show up together, and although they can be hidden by clicking on the respective symbols this is reverted when the webpage is reopened next.

Also, is it possible to see entries listed by airline instead of by item no. by default? This is possible to change but once again, it reverts when the webpage is reopened next.

Other than that, thanks for bringing this database to us collectors! Love how smoothly it loads and looks.

Several manufacturers (AeroClassics, Panda) incorporate the model's registration as part of the item number, but that seems to trip up the editor.
Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 1.38.18 AM.png

Update. I know it's not much, but just trying to take care of the smaller things for now.

Date/timezone bugFixed
Sort collection by acquisition dateCompleted
Site-wide searchCompleted (plus more to come)
Saved sortingCompleted
Print collectionPlanned
Links to retailersPlanned
Notifications for when submitted corrections are approved or rejectedPlanned
Customizing what data is shown in search resultsEvaluating
Private messagingEvaluating
Tags for zinc issuesEvaluating

Is it possible to move the "wanted" and "for trade" sections to separate tabs? Currently, they all show up together, and although they can be hidden by clicking on the respective symbols this is reverted when the webpage is reopened next.
Good idea. I'll evaluate and see what I can do.

Also, is it possible to see entries listed by airline instead of by item no. by default? This is possible to change but once again, it reverts when the webpage is reopened next.
Sort setting is now saved automatically

Several manufacturers (AeroClassics, Panda) incorporate the model's registration as part of the item number, but that seems to trip up the editor.
We are deliberately avoiding item numbers that include registration. They are almost always unofficial (i.e. just assigned by retailers because they have nothing better to use) and they provide no more additional data to the record.

Just got the same problem and wanted to report it here, but you reported it already.
We are deliberately avoiding item numbers that include registration. They are almost always unofficial (i.e. just assigned by retailers because they have nothing better to use) and they provide no more additional data to the record.
I wanted to change something else but could not proceed because the editor gave this error about these values that are already in the DB.
In my case, it's the model https://www.modelaircraftdatabase.com/model/17868. I can't judge who assigned the item number IF310GAF1023 and if it is correct or not and therefore I will not change it.

IMHO an error should not be shown about data fields that are already in the db and have not been touched by the user who just changes other fields.

Last edited:
IMHO an error should not be shown about data fields that are already in the db and have not been touched by the user who just changes other fields.
Due to the way the system is designed, this is a little tricky to implement. However, I have just done a quick fix that will ignore this error for registrations that are just numbers. That's really the only case where this is happening.

All:
I am currently working on a messaging system within the site. Hopefully something will be rolled out next week.

Yesterday I bought a model from which uses the Hogan Wings mould, but was not released by Hogan themselves. I was checking the database and I can't find this brand (probably due to them being a kit company, and they only released 3 models using the hogan mould). Since I wanted to add this model to the database, should I make the model under the brand of hogan for the database or should i just not try adding it in?

Yesterday I bought a model from which uses the Hogan Wings mould, but was not released by Hogan themselves. I was checking the database and I can't find this brand (probably due to them being a kit company, and they only released 3 models using the hogan mould). Since I wanted to add this model to the database, should I make the model under the brand of hogan for the database or should i just not try adding it in?

FYI, Hogan have several diecast models in 1:400 and 1:500, mostly to the Japanese market (specially ANA models in 1:500 scale) :D

It would be very useful if we could search for certain models by aircraft type as free text instead of selecting the type from the list.
There are many entries in the db which have a⚠️ marker behind the aircraft type. In some cases, the type already exists (e.g. Eurofighter Typhoon), but a search for that type only brings up those entries that don't have the marker. A search for the text "Eurofighter" has only one result, because the word "Eurofighter" is in the "special livery field. If the text search would include the aircraft type field, I could easily find all entries that need an update and correct these in one run. And if the type is not in the db (yet), a search doesn't find any models (e.g. Alpha Jet).

Same problem with the airline field, sometimes the airline field contains airlines that are now yet in the db or are written wrong, and therfore it's not possible to find these entries with a search.

Last edited:
My problem is that I can’t Log-in to the database. When I try the keyboard to write the username and password will not show….. iPhone 12 Max.

This had been for some time now.

One missing brand is DelPrado. They made a couple DC-3's, B307 Stratoliner, Dornier Do. X (all in various scales) and some others.

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_112617.jpg
    IMG_20240113_112617.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
What is the brand?
It would be very useful if we could search for certain models by aircraft type as free text instead of selecting the type from the list.
The goal is that there are no models with the ⚠️ marker for airline and aircraft. In fact, there are only a handful remaining. I will sort through them to see if I can get it to 0. Thanks for your help in fixing some of these!
My problem is that I can’t Log-in to the database. When I try the keyboard to write the username and password will not show….. iPhone 12 Max.

This had been for some time now.
Is anyone else having this issue? It seems to be only iPhones having this issue. I haven't changed anything with those textboxes in many months, so I'm suspecting it is some bug in the mobile Apple browsers that is only happening on some websites. I am continuing to investigate. But if anyone has any clues, such as times or places when it does or doesn't work, please let me know.
One missing brand is DelPrado
Added

What is the brand?

The goal is that there are no models with the ⚠️ marker for airline and aircraft. In fact, there are only a handful remaining. I will sort through them to see if I can get it to 0. Thanks for your help in fixing some of these!

Is anyone else having this issue? It seems to be only iPhones having this issue. I haven't changed anything with those textboxes in many months, so I'm suspecting it is some bug in the mobile Apple browsers that is only happening on some websites. I am continuing to investigate. But if anyone has any clues, such as times or places when it does or doesn't work, please let me know.

Added
I just tried to log in from my iPhone and it works now….strange?
/Steinar

What is the brand?

Added
the brand is called "PLATZ"
to find the certain models that i am talking about, search up "PLATZ 1:200 Canvas Series, then some fully blank aircraft or blue-ish boxes with blueprint looking designs should show up.

1725496808309.png

I am aware that the box says "Kit" but its just a hogan snapfit model with window decals included