Kangaroos & Marlins: Air Pacific Goes Long-Haul

YesterAirlines

Air Pacific's first foray into long-haul was an expensive failure but they tried again and this time their partnership with Qantas was a big success. In fact, despite instability in Fiji it was the beginning of a golden period for the carrier. The recent acquisition of this delightful Aeroclassics 747 from the Waffle Collection Sale gives me the opportunity to look at the airline during the 1980s and 90s:

AIRPACIFIC_B742_06.JPG

Very nice! These colorful birds looked great.
The colorscheme of nowadays Fiji Airways have some beautiful artwork but i'm not sure if I like the colors. They remind me of wood... not something I'd associate with island life. The vibrant livery of Air Pacific back in the 1980s wins for me.

Air Pacific's first foray into long-haul was an expensive failure but they tried again and this time their partnership with Qantas was a big success. In fact, despite instability in Fiji it was the beginning of a golden period for the carrier. The recent acquisition of this delightful Aeroclassics 747 from the Waffle Collection Sale gives me the opportunity to look at the airline during the 1980s and 90s:

View attachment 16964
Very nice model, I wish I could get my hands on one!