June 2023 JC NEW RELEASE

Well. Be honest. You can see NG is going downhill for quality. Compare to when they launched.
Except NG's version of a nosedive does not match that of others. I nitpick, complain, and whine about all sorts of small infractions like putting silhouettes on a box art or adding a Oneworld logo that is a millimeter long at best-- because we have the room to do so. It is not uncommon where we see Gemini miss an entire nosegear door worth of printing and nobody says a word because there are other issues even more pressing, like an A320 nose looking like a 737; besides we all learned the hard way that they will never fix it.

Granted I haven't had to point out virtually anything from NG in the past I suppose a change is a change, compared to the standards they set for themselves. But do keep in mind it sure is easy to notice a slight 'change in direction' from an otherwise impeccable company than from ones that had already been diving head-on for the past several years. It is no legacy if they cannot keep up with what they have built.

Last edited:
JC have too much regulation from their partner, many Europe and America airlines, they need to get permission to release
I feel so sad is, his partner refused to release many hot and rare items because "To protect their market value" that released over 10 years ago
They don't release again, at the same time, they don't let JC to release!

JC wants to release all the oldies 80/90s US/Europe airlines for long time, JUST THEY ARE NOT allowed or their partner will get pissed
This is the biggest load of crap I've heard in a long while. It is also quite a disgusting case of capitalism. People have hobbies for joy, not to benefit financially! If I wanted to invest in something, it for sure as hell would not be diecast! And it's not even that Gemini benefits financially from this appalling behaviour... God, they would benefit more from rereleasing these sort-after models!

If JC kissed goodbye to Gemini tomorrow, I honestly wouldn't care! I rarely buy from Gemini anyway, and most of the time they refuse to use the newer JC moulds, so what harm would it do? I don't give a sh*t that AC & Gemini are "legacy manufacturers". If their quality is inferior, and they both exhibit childish behaviour like this, my money will be going to NG and AV400!

And as for Aeroclassics and 'The Dark Lord', I don't think I need to say much. His behaviour in recent months is nothing short of immature and demonstrates his clear inability to take negative feedback. At this point, I am deliberately avoiding purchasing Aeroclassics releases because I am scared that I'll spend up to 100 bucks on a model with a nose that looks like it's been rammed into a wall! If a man can't receive feedback without lashing out in a childish manner, is he really fit to run a business?

From what I've read in this thread, I think that most of us are on the same page. Gemini's behaviour towards JC is not fair on both JC and us collectors.

Except NG's version of a nosedive does not match that of others. I nitpick, complain, and whine about all sorts of small infractions like putting silhouettes on a box art or adding a Oneworld logo that is a millimeter long at best-- because we have the room to do so. It is not uncommon where we see Gemini miss an entire nosegear door worth of printing and nobody says a word because there are other issues even more pressing, like an A320 nose looking like a 737; besides we all learned the hard way that they will never fix it.

Granted I haven't had to point out virtually anything from NG in the past I suppose a change is a change, compared to the standards they set for themselves. But do keep in mind it sure is easy to notice a slight 'change in direction' from an otherwise impeccable company than from ones that had already been diving head-on for the past several years.

NG will continue to be my top pick unless all of the following happen simultaneously, for whatever reason:
- NG shuts off all means of communication
- NG starts announcing new moulds that does not resemble the said aircraft
- A legacy company starts producing highly anticipated releases, and they do so with ample quantities
- That same legacy company starts to communicate and fixes up their mould offerings to the near-NG level of refinement.

Let's just say they got a fairly long way to go.

Granted I haven't had to point out virtually anything from NG in the past I suppose a change is a change, compared to the standards they set for themselves. But do keep in mind it sure is easy to notice a slight 'change in direction' from an otherwise impeccable company than from ones that had already been diving head-on for the past several years. It is no legacy if they cannot keep up with what they have built.
One important thing. NG has it but not other brands: Young Team, and a new and no history company

All other brands even JC, they have the elder age management team, and they have too much "experiences" in the past and worry to change

Just like Sears and many BIG company, they are failing apart because they are too big and doesn't fast response for the market changes

Haha okay! It's listed in 1:400 at waffle! Is that a mistake then? Also C-GHLV is listed but no image - Hopefully it's the old AC livery with the dark green tail - @samleung would you have access to any photos?

I mean usually JC releases a reference photo of the real aircraft and livery for the future release models - I'm guessing these 2 are in that category
Yes.. will WAIT...........

There's more images JC posted.
In addition to the short nlg, my apprehension about the 'angry frowning cockpit' is confirmed.
Bummer! I'll need to set aside my discomfort and get this one anyway 😞 the rest of the model looks great - that curious almost-missable bend in all the wings notwithstanding.
Really disappointing though as for me the 'face' of the aircraft is as important as its bu**. 😄62299.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately @samleung it is not. There's more images JC just posted.
In addition to the short nlg, my apprehension about the 'angry frowning cockpit' is confirmed.
Bummer! I'll need to set aside my discomfort and get this one anyway 😞 the rest of the model looks great - that curious almost-missable bend in all the wings notwithstanding.
Really disappointing though as for me the 'face' of the aircraft is as important as its bu**. 😄View attachment 19323

Yeah the nose gear is indeed too short and the cockpit windows look too angry :(
I guess the nose gear doors could also be a bit smaller.

Well, now the Martinair MD-11 have been released by Dragon, Gemini and JC.
I wish JC could also release the 767 in this same Martinair livery. Would fit in my collection!