June 2023 JC NEW RELEASE

JC have too much regulation from their partner, many Europe and America airlines, they need to get permission to release
I feel so sad is, his partner refused to release many hot and rare items because "To protect their market value" that released over 10 years ago
They don't release again, at the same time, they don't let JC to release!

JC wants to release all the oldies 80/90s US/Europe airlines for long time, JUST THEY ARE NOT allowed or their partner will get pissed

With all due respect Sam as I understand you do not agree with this either, but what a load of feces. Typical Aeroclassics modus operandi. I could sense that GJ shared the same line of thought to some extent, but did not know they were all in like that. Protect the market value?? Do you mean benefit eBay and Facebook scalpers/hoarders?? In hopes that we buy all the low-quality stuff they put out nowadays just so that we don't miss out as we did on those 20-year-old releases that we are unable to find??

Well, if JC is not allowed to release what we want, how about if Blue/Green/Pink/Orange/Polka Dots Box releases them for us? I sense they just might! Which would be all too ironic!

It is too late to be raising my blood pressure like this Sam!

Last edited:
I find this to be, excuse me for saying it, very 'North American' or rather, a very American (read USA) way of thinking - where hobbies and activities of leisure are necessarily seen as being monetisable - a very hyper-capitalist way of thinking - which also kills the idea of a hobby being that - a hobby - a joyful affair, accessible to most or all, and not a space of privilege or power.
GJ and AC operate like, it's true but you may get offended, colonialists.
They exploit cheap manufacturing, cheap labour, cut corners by reducing spec and spendings on design and material , pretend to be 'American' or 'Canadian' companies (which is a load of hogwash - what it means is the profits are Canadian and American), while if anything goes wrong, one can easily put the blame on 'China' - exploit them, reap the profits by gaslighting your mostly loyal and dumb-ish customer base, keep the profits in America.
Which is why GJ and AC still operate like old world colonisers - and 'pride' themselves at 'legacy' which actually, is a whole lot of gaslighting, if you ask me.

I find this to be, excuse me for saying it, very 'North American' or rather, a very American (read USA) way of thinking - where hobbies and activities of leisure are necessarily seen as being monetisable - a very hyper-capitalist way of thinking - which also kills the idea of a hobby being that - a hobby - a joyful affair, accessible to most or all, and not a space of privilege or power.
GJ and AC operate like, it's true but you may get offended, colonialists.
They exploit cheap manufacturing, cheap labour, cut corners by reducing spec and spendings on design and material , pretend to be 'American' or 'Canadian' companies (which is a load of hogwash - what it means is the profits are Canadian and American), while if anything goes wrong, one can easily put the blame on 'China' - exploit them, reap the profits by gaslighting your mostly loyal and dumb-ish customer base, keep the profits in America.
Which is why GJ and AC still operate like old world colonisers - and 'pride' themselves at 'legacy' which actually, is a whole lot of gaslighting, if you ask me.
The whole legacy argument always came across as a load of hogwash; consumers buy products based on quality, not history. I don't care about GJ/AC's contributions to the hobby, I'll always choose NG/AV400 since their models are flat out better and their releases aren't as West-centric.

Last edited:
The Privilege Style 772 is kinda odd release but it is one of those charter aircraft that I need. I might need to pick it up soon.
I feel like that was the appeal they were going for, one some people would need but isn’t totally necessary.

I was tired yesterday when I came across this thread and replied to one of the first posts that Sam made. Now I came back and read the whole thing. The whole thing is very aggravating and does not make sense. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in wanting more classics. It is nice to finally understand what so many people imply and hint at. I cannot believe it.

I was tired yesterday when I came across this thread and replied to one of the first posts that Sam made. Now I came back and read the whole thing. The whole thing is very aggravating and does not make sense. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in wanting more classics. It is nice to finally understand what so many people imply and hint at. I cannot believe it.
Haha…. You know when I first met the owner of JC. I also have all ??? and not understanding about their business

Now I am his buddy and volunteer for JC marketing (yes. I don’t get pay). I have more insider stories about his and partner business. I learn from getting piss to now “ok, anything I can do to make it better?”

In JC still have more issue needs to fix. Such as long delay for release to QC issues in Covid period. Please give JC sometime. He is working very hard to solve one by one since the border from HKG to China is opened.

At the same time. He is also working so hard to keep the models in fair price. You can see their price doesn’t go up a lot last couple years (shipping cost is beyond control). He is trying very best to balance the quality and price. And his profit margin is getting slim.

Please get more support for JC. To make JC has better position in collectors market.

With all due respect Sam as I understand you do not agree with this either, but what a load of feces. Typical Aeroclassics modus operandi. I could sense that GJ shared the same line of thought to some extent, but did not know they were all in like that. Protect the market value?? Do you mean benefit eBay and Facebook scalpers/hoarders?? In hopes that we buy all the low-quality stuff they put out nowadays just so that we don't miss out as we did on those 20-year-old releases that we are unable to find??

Well, if JC is not allowed to release what we want, how about if Blue/Green/Pink/Orange/Polka Dots Box releases them for us? I sense they just might! Which would be all too ironic!

I agree with you a lot. For example. 1:400 PAN AM is a good topic to re release again. But someone said “market is good for EK only”. He doesn’t care the real market anymore.

I am very respect Aeroclassics by myself. Maybe he doesn’t have the best mould or color matched. But Andrew has good taste and selection. He is really “make collectors want”

Let me give you a story. “Couple years ago. There is a good looking purple house livery in US manufacturer. Sleeping lion doesn’t want to release. So, my friend make them. When they are still in factory in production. Sleeping lion contact the US manufacturer and give out all my friend info and try to make them sued my friend. Finally. Model cannot be release. My friend is so sad. That’s why couple years ago. That model is a gift from Santa (if you are lucky to get one for free)”
ok story time end. Just a story ok. Don’t get me trouble. 😂

Coz as long as the same mould. They know made by JC

The whole legacy argument always came across as a load of hogwash; consumers buy products based on quality, not history. I don't care about GJ/AC's contributions to the hobby, I'll always choose NG/AV400 since their models are flat out better and their releases aren't as West-centric.
Well. Be honest. You can see NG is going downhill for quality. Compare to when they launched.

NG did take a nosedive during COVID, but I'd say they're back to where they were now. Their post-COVID releases have rarely had issues, and most of the nitpicking regarding artwork is resolved on the final model.
Yes I second this. The expectation is so high of them, that even a small glitch seems disproportionately huge, or is made out to be. Other brands, since the expectations are never that high, one doesn't witness the kind of hullabaloo. That often includes JC. So many recent releases are botched.

Yes I second this. The expectation is so high of them, that even a small glitch seems disproportionately huge, or is made out to be. Other brands, since the expectations are never that high, one doesn't witness the kind of hullabaloo. That often includes JC. So many recent releases are botched.
That's absolutely true, I've never seen any brand get as much scrutiny over trivial issues as NG, even down to stuff like box art. But since they do listen, it's definitely in collectors' best interests to get the absolute best stuff they can.

That's absolutely true, I've never seen any brand get as much scrutiny over trivial issues as NG, even down to stuff like box art. But since they do listen, it's definitely in collectors' best interests to get the absolute best stuff they can.
Yes. And the more they listen, the more the collectorate begins to expect of them, and thus the kind of nitpicking and pettiness we see. Other brands (I'll exclude JC as they have a lively social media interface and do engage with the collectors and do interact and take suggestions - but yes perhaps not to the extent of NG tbh) remain distant or reserve a certain high-handedness to ensure the collectorate disengages so that questions, even if they are raised, never really reach their insular bubbles.

Yes. And the more they listen, the more the collectorate begins to expect of them, and thus the kind of nitpicking and pettiness we see. Other brands (I'll exclude JC as they have a lively social media interface and do engage with the collectors and do interact and take suggestions - but yes perhaps not to the extent of NG tbh) remain distant or reserve a certain high-handedness to ensure the collectorate disengages so that questions, even if they are raised, never really reach their insular bubbles.
JC, AC and Inflight200 do take release suggestions, but they very rarely fix issues collectors point out. NG and AV400 both take suggestions and improve their stuff based on feedback on a regular basis. From what I've seen, GJ and Phoenix do neither.