JCW Hints for April 2024

quanng

JC has shared the latest hints for their April 2024 set, which one caught your attention most?
IMG_1477.jpeg
IMG_1478.jpeg

These are my verdicts:
- HL B789: Korean Air, highly unlikely Air Premia.
- HK B773 (or B77W): Cathay Pacific regular scheme.
- 9V- F70: another Silkair
- PH- B733: KLM dark blue cheatline
- D- A320-21x non SL: Eurowings perhaps - this got plenty of options.
- XA- B752: Aeromexico, non-chrome scheme
- HS- AT7x: either Thai or Bangkok Airways (both would be variant releases from previous announced models).
- Italia E190: Alitalia Cityline or Air Dolomiti.
- C- Dash8-100: another house color - variant releases.
- American B737: Marine - variant releases.
- Panama B7M9: Copa Airlines. Hasn’t GJ released one already?
- D- A339: Condor for sure - red livery for sure (if things follow logic) - another variant releases. I would be surprised if it is in the green livery released by GJ.
- 2x N B748F: 1 bare metal green, 1 Atlas/Polar, etc.
- D- A321-x31: Eurowings (either -100s or -200s). I would be surprised if this is LH.
- OH- A359: Finnair 100th years? - NG did that already.
- B-24xx B748: Air China - competing with YY Wings. However in their native market, the YY would perform better owing to its lower price point (around 40% lower).
- B- B789: plenty of carriers but I guess it would be the Hainan IHG, which previously on the future release list.
- CN- B748: Moroccan Govt - i remember Sam teased this release before.
- TF- B763: i highly doubt it’s the passenger Icelandair. My bet would be the Icelandair Cargo - magenta tail - another variant release. The real machine is leased to Uzbekistan cargo carrier already.
- HL B744: probly last OZ B744 HL7428. At least on the new mould. I hope it doesn’t have that crooky upper deck window line found on the 1:200.
- Brazil E195E2: either House Color or Azul. But I would lean more on the Profit Hunters since Azul is a GJ subject.

Last edited:
JC has independently released Azul before in both scales - like the recent ATR
Presumably if it's a special scheme and/or the licensing costs are higher

I’ll be eager to see what’s coming with these hints. Starting to follow JC releases a little more closely.

I just checked ACB's (Berlin) web site and checked listed models for pre-order (1:400 only). Out of 237 models listed JC Wings had 117 models listed. Why are JC Wings working like this?

By end of March I'm told that the 3 JC Wings models I have on pre-order will arrive. Icelandair B737 TF-FIA was ordered in July 2022, Icelandair B767 TF-ISP was ordered last year in July and one SAS B767 at same time. All these 3 will arrive within end of March (this year).

That's why I stopped pre-ordering JC Wings models since you don't know what year they will arrive.

Steinar

Last edited:
I just checked ACB's (Berlin) web site and checked listed models for pre-order (1:400 only). Out of 237 models listed JC Wings had 117 models listed. Why are JC Wings working like this?

By end of March I'm told that the 3 JC Wings models I have on pre-order will arrive. Icelandair B737 TF-FIA was ordered in July 2022, Icelandair B767 TF-ISP was ordered last year in July and one SAS B767 at same time. All these 3 will arrive within end of March (the year).

That's why I stopped pre-ordering JC Wings models since you don't know what year they will arrive.

Steinar
I’ve stayed away from preordering them too. As decent as some releases can be it’s hard to justify placing the order when you don’t know if it’ll be the same calendar year before you see them.

JC Pre-Orders are also tricky, which is why a few retailers don't list them anymore - like MHH - as they've been shafted multiple times prior - and only list the models upon delivery. eg. The first AI 744 from last year never reached MHH, and other model quantities have always remained unreliable

I'm guessing, for whatever reason, JC pre-orders are more reliable in North America and Europe. I'm guessing because of the GJ distributor connection?

Yeah nothing exciting for me. Lots of Airbus and Boeing twinjets, where are the Antonovs and non-Aeroflot Ilyushins? Some Dutch Fokkers would be nice too, plenty left to be done. Nice geographic variety though, hopefully some unique airlines.

They're out!
A couple are tempting me including the OZ 744 to replace my Phx version. But what is really exciting me is the 1/200 set. I really hope they make that QF 734 in 1/400 as it's a model I've been wanting to be made every since I started collecting 15 years ago!
Does anyone know if the CX is a 300 or a 300ER? Hard to tell from pics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240325-024225_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240325-024225_Instagram.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20240325-024223_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240325-024223_Instagram.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 49
Does anyone know if the CX is a 300 or a 300ER? Hard to tell from pics.
Looks like a -300 from the artwork.

Also MHH has their retailer exclusive Panda QF 734 still available - including Freight versions of the 733 & 734 - on the superior Panda mould - released quite some time ago - few pieces left!

Nothing for me. Aeromexico 757 is very good looking, though.
There's a Varig 747-400 in 1:200, really hope to see that one released in 1:400 too! :)
Air France B737-500 also released in 1:200 but not in 1:400...