Airliners International 2024 - Updates & Announcements

JJ Skippy

Hello everyone! I figured now would be an appropriate time to get a thread going on here to post the latest news and updates pertaining to Airliners International 2024 in Kansas City, June 26-29, at the Hilton Kansas City Airport hotel. Updates were slow initially but as of last week, we have started to receive new information.

This latest update from March 7 details upcoming tours and events. Tours that have been scheduled include but are not limited to:
- Jet Midwest
-
The TWA Museum at 10 Richards Road (MKC)
- Amelia Earhart Museum and Hangar and Museum (in Atichson, KS; about 40 mins away)
- Tristar Experience / N910TE
-
NWS Aviation Weather Center

Booking for tours is expected to open at the end of March.

Friday Night at the Props will be happening this year as well at the TWA Museum. This happened the last time the convention was in Kansas City in 2007; it should be a fun event.

Lastly, they are looking to add some more options for tours or events; I’ve suggested a baseball game to them, and they told me that that was getting lots of interest. I’ll be eager to hear what the Thursday night Welcome Reception will be, if it will be a baseball game or something else.

That’s all the major highlights from the latest update! I’ll be back with another update when that comes around.

Last edited:
I know there is a smaller aircraft scrapping facility in MCI that I would love to visit. Is that JetMidwest? I was al set to go to this AI, but looks like we will be closing on a new home soon, and that might throw a wrench in my plans.

I know there is a smaller aircraft scrapping facility in MCI that I would love to visit. Is that JetMidwest? I was al set to go to this AI, but looks like we will be closing on a new home soon, and that might throw a wrench in my plans.
I think Jet Midwest is the only one there. They take up part of what was the old TWA maintenance facility; fortunately they restored the original hangar facade a few years back.

As a volunteer staff member for Airliners international, I have been told there will also be more seminars scheduled this year. I do hope all of you can attend the show. You will probably see me at the registration table.

Quick update regarding tours, booking will now open mid-April. I suspect they’re working out a few kinks and finer details yet.

Quick update regarding tours, booking will now open mid-April. I suspect they’re working out a few kinks and finer details yet.
Hi. Can you advise if the Tristar Experience is still operational and if there is any way to get a tour of that amazing airplane? I have tried to contact them with no luck. Thanks!

Hi. Can you advise if the Tristar Experience is still operational and if there is any way to get a tour of that amazing airplane? I have tried to contact them with no luck. Thanks!
Unfortunately I’m unable to confirm or deny. Their last Facebook post was in 2019 and their website doesn’t show any upcoming events. Hopefully Airliners International will advise of further updates in the next week or so.