JC Wings Cathay 747-400s

Regular livery and silver bullet, pre-orders start in June. Finally an excuse to try out their 744!
Wow. So JCs finally trying to respond to the pulse of reality lol. And frankly not complaining for once, although just miffed at them being so slow to move.
These are going to be super popular - and those who already pre-ordered PH's earlier today are going to grimace and regret. But that's the consequence of a lack of patience!
Although, their recent QC is unfortunately unfortunately f****d up (where's the school teacher who'll reprimand me) - really hoping they can get their act together as it's such a great brand!

Wow. So JCs finally trying to respond to the pulse of reality lol. And frankly not complaining for once, although just miffed at them being so slow to move.
These are going to be super popular - and those who already pre-ordered PH's earlier today are going to grimace and regret. But that's the consequence of a lack of patience!
Although, their recent QC is unfortunately unfortunately f****d up (where's the school teacher who'll reprimand me) - really hoping they can get their act together as it's such a great brand!
At least they're making proper use of the 744 mould. But yes, it would be wise to look at final release pics before placing an order...

Buy why don't they use the classic 741 742 mould????? There is plenty of classic 747 that were never made before. Pluse if they can't re-release older AC why can't they re-release older and rarer BB400 747s, i mean they ain't AC they are BB400 so there is no problems

Buy why don't they use the classic 741 742 mould????? There is plenty of classic 747 that were never made before. Pluse if they can't re-release older AC why can't they re-release older and rarer BB400 747s, i mean they ain't AC they are BB400 so there is no problems
Low demand, or JC himself doesn’t really care.

There's been a discussion on this here in another thread that @samleung posted last week or so. @pons399 @1/400collector - where he was mentioning about his own struggles getting through to the old-school JC management, and the issues with partner GJ they have on which airlines etc they are allowed to release and when. Yes that doesn't completely let JC off the hook because there's plenty that can be made outside of the GJ radar. It boils down to their management's inability to really gauge what's necessary. Although it seems JC himself is very keen and enthusiastic about getting things done.

There's been a discussion on this here in another thread that @samleung posted last week or so. @pons399 @1/400collector - where he was mentioning about his own struggles getting through to the old-school JC management, and the issues with partner GJ they have on which airlines etc they are allowed to release and when. Yes that doesn't completely let JC off the hook because there's plenty that can be made outside of the GJ radar. It boils down to their management's inability to really gauge what's necessary. Although it seems JC himself is very keen and enthusiastic about getting things done.
Yep, it does depend entirely on the airline. If it's US or European it's bound to be tough, since GJ has a stronghold on those segments. Asian? Judging by today's news it's just a matter of choice, and it appears JC isn't really keen on them unless competition forces his hand. More obscure or defunct airlines likely don't have enough demand.

I’m watching you. You caught me in a good mood so I will let it slide and not tell your mom to wash your mouth with soap.

I wouldn't say the collectors that pre-ordered the Phoenix's ones acted because of impatience. If history is any indicator, no one would have been expecting JC to suddenly do what they should have been doing for a long time now.

Also, "grimace and regret"? 😅 That's intense... I would have bought that if the Phoenixes had already shipped to the collectors. But you do realize that at this stage of the game if anyone ends up "getting stuck" with the Phoenixes is by pure choice. I'd imagine a lot of people are going to be canceling their Phoenix preorders and ordering the JCs instead.

Finally, some people will still get the Phoenix ones because of the different regs. (Cathay "completionists" and fleet builders).

JC needs to keep this up. This is the kind of stuff that will effectively either displace Phoenix from the market in favor of better molds or incentivize them to step their game up.

#freedomfromGJ

Last edited:
I suspect this pair have been sitting in the JC warehouse pre-made for a while now and the Phoenix announcements have just kicked them up the release list courtesy of a helping hand from Sam.

GJ will veto a lot of European and North American releases even if the models have been made already and are in the warehouse. Asian is JC's sphere of influence.

I suspect this pair have been sitting in the JC warehouse pre-made for a while now and the Phoenix announcements have just kicked them up the release list courtesy of a helping hand from Sam.

GJ will veto a lot of European and North American releases even if the models have been made already and are in the warehouse. Asian is JC's sphere of influence.
Do we maybe know what models JC has at there warehouse that are already made but GJ keeps in vetoing?

Good news if that's true, we won't have to wait until humanity colonizes Mars to see the final product.

Yes. Is me. I forced JC to make them. Lol

Happy to see JC react to Phoenix's work, but worry about the release time and the QC - QC in particular as the recent JC 744s QC are hideous :confused:
The JC "NEW" release for 744 depends on how long in the warehouse, the factory they use 2 years ago is very bad, and they changed to another factory this year