Is this worth a refund or considered a defected model

I did they won’t answer for 2 weeks now I’ve sent many emails they only respond when I ask about shipping, they go by the name FIRSTCLASSCOLLECTIBLES also know as demographer_y

I don't think its worth a refund the damage is minimal and hardly noticeable
Ok fair wish the company would atleast answer my emails and let me know even tho there policy is return and refund regardless of the damages, 2 weeks and no response many emails sent

I did they won’t answer for 2 weeks now I’ve sent many emails they only respond when I ask about shipping, they go by the name FIRSTCLASSCOLLECTIBLES also know as demographer_y
I have had many experiences with First Class Collectables over the years, both good and bad. Their communication is terrible, but they have great prices. What brand and model is it? If it is an NG, try contacting NG themselves, they are usually pretty happy to replace models. If you need some tips on contacting them, DM me. :D

I have had many experiences with First Class Collectables over the years, both good and bad. Their communication is terrible, but they have great prices. What brand and model is it? If it is an NG, try contacting NG themselves, they are usually pretty happy to replace models. If you need some tips on contacting them, DM me. :D
If I’d had to guess I’d say is GJ 🙂

It’s Phoenix and thanks for the feedback

Phoenix also third Phoenix model broken This year all from different retailers so it’s not completely retailers fault but the least they can do is answer the emails after 2 weeks (firstclasscollectibles)
Agreed. I don't buy too many Phoenix models, but have been lucky so far.

Good luck with that...I used demographer_x/y, FCC (= Benedict Lee) for years and whilst reliable on the whole, his communication stinks. Also, it's highly unlikely he'll accept returns. A few years ago when he was still operating as 'demographer_x' on ebay I gave him advance warning that NG had stuffed up the printing on the ''British'' Negus L-1011-200s, and to hang on until the corrected stock arrived before shipping my pair out. He assured me that he would check his stock and not send me the error models but lo and behold, that's exactly what I got - I had to reorder the corrected models later on and got a refund thru PayPal for the error models he sent me - he insisted that he did not want them back. The most annoying thing about it was that he totally ignored what I'd said and attempted to fob me off with the dodgy stock - which ironically I ended up keeping for free 😬

Roll forward to July 2022 and it looks like he's stopped supplying NG Models, no new releases there since May, and of course a polite question regarding this was met with total silence...so no more of my cash will be going his way. Will not deal with any retailer going forward who cannot even manage the simple courtesy of replying to their customers, or maintain honest communication.

Considering the magnification of that macro photo, I would say there's nothing wrong with it.
The problems with models which have too many out of scale gimmicks, you're bound to get problems like this. Even just the rolling wheels can be a bit of a pain, and some folks have actually wanted to return a model because a tire (still present) fell off.

Considering the magnification of that macro photo, I would say there's nothing wrong with it.
The problems with models which have too many out of scale gimmicks, you're bound to get problems like this. Even just the rolling wheels can be a bit of a pain, and some folks have actually wanted to return a model because a tire (still present) fell off.
Really? A tyre? Wow... It quite literally takes under a minute to put the tyre back on, but instead they want a refund? It probably takes more effort to get a refund than to find the tyre and put it back on!

I’ve made this point before - the more of these little details added, the greater the chance of associated problems with them, which then becomes a focus on the minutiae. That’s why I can take it or leave it when it comes to this stuff, at this scale. Fixing a loose tyre is a cinch compared to fiddling about with a loose/missing aerial!

In the 00 gauge railway hobby a recent British Rail locomotive I bought has mega detail and tons of little add-ons, many of which were pre-fitted. Quite a few had fallen off and were loose in the box, and even at this scale they were bloody tough to put back on. About an hour or so of patient work with tweezers, glue and a steady hand had them all back in place, and it looks great but it was a lot of faff, and you have to handle it so carefully. I even had to use a loupe for placing one part. Some of the additional parts are also not practical for actual running on a layout either, they’d get in the way, so I won’t bother with those. The detail can really be a devil sometimes, with more focus on this than the general enjoyment of the hobby itself. There’s a lot to be said in some ways for ‘keeping it simple’.

I’ve made this point before - the more of these little details added, the greater the chance of associated problems with them, which then becomes a focus on the minutiae. That’s why I can take it or leave it when it comes to this stuff, at this scale. Fixing a loose tyre is a cinch compared to fiddling about with a loose/missing aerial!

In the 00 gauge railway hobby a recent British Rail locomotive I bought has mega detail and tons of little add-ons, many of which were pre-fitted. Quite a few had fallen off and were loose in the box, and even at this scale they were bloody tough to put back on. About an hour or so of patient work with tweezers, glue and a steady hand had them all back in place, and it looks great but it was a lot of faff, and you have to handle it so carefully. I even had to use a loupe for placing one part. Some of the additional parts are also not practical for actual running on a layout either, they’d get in the way, so I won’t bother with those. The detail can really be a devil sometimes, with more focus on this than the general enjoyment of the hobby itself. There’s a lot to be said in some ways for ‘keeping it simple’.
Just like you, I can go without ariels, rolling gears are nice but they don't make-or-break a model for me, and I wouldn't really miss wi-fi domes. I have had models come without a single ariel attached, and apart from the small holes, it doesn't really bother me. As you said, "keeping it simple" keeps this hobby what it should be. Quality models to display, not to stare at under a microscope. That's just my two cents anyway.