Is this worth a refund or considered a defected model

Just like you, I can go without ariels, rolling gears are nice but they don't make-or-break a model for me, and I wouldn't really miss wi-fi domes. I have had models come without a single ariel attached, and apart from the small holes, it doesn't really bother me. As you said, "keeping it simple" keeps this hobby what it should be. Quality models to display, not to stare at under a microscope. That's just my two cents anyway.
Yes exactly that. As I do only old classics I don’t get affected by those wi-fi domes, just the aerials, which can be a total pain in the arse, especially when handling sometimes and you forget they are there, and can catch on things or fall out if already loose etc. These details seem to be all that some collectors live for these days, but I still enjoy all the models produced without them immensely, they look just as graceful on display at this scale and I don’t feel like they’re missing anything.

Yes exactly that. As I do only old classics I don’t get affected by those wi-fi domes, just the aerials, which can be a total pain in the arse, especially when handling sometimes and you forget they are there, and can catch on things or fall out if already loose etc. These details seem to be all that some collectors live for these days, but I still enjoy all the models produced without them immensely, they look just as graceful on display at this scale and I don’t feel like they’re missing anything.
Yep. I tend to prefer having ariels and wifi domes on more modern models, especially widebodies. Otherwise, I really do not mind, as long as the rest of the model is well-made.

If you have the detached aerial with you, I'd suggest using superglue and some tweezers to reattach it. It works reasonably well (with some patience).

Just like you, I can go without ariels, rolling gears are nice but they don't make-or-break a model for me, and I wouldn't really miss wi-fi domes. I have had models come without a single ariel attached, and apart from the small holes, it doesn't really bother me. As you said, "keeping it simple" keeps this hobby what it should be. Quality models to display, not to stare at under a microscope. That's just my two cents anyway.
I envy that mindset! As a huge stickler for details, things like missing (or even crooked) aerials and crude landing gears bug me to no end. If the model is of a really special aircraft, I end up just buying another. That being said, being picky does have the benefit of saving money... Also helps if your collecting criteria is so narrow.

I agree completely on this.

I like the aerials on models, but Andrew does make a good point on how it can increase the amount of things that can go wrong on a model. If they’re done correctly, they can be great additions to models, but if done wrong, it just looks absurd.
Absolutely, just one more thing that can go missing and be lost. They do look wrong when they are horrifically over-sized.

If you have the detached aerial with you, I'd suggest using superglue and some tweezers to reattach it. It works reasonably well (with some patience).

I envy that mindset! As a huge stickler for details, things like missing (or even crooked) aerials and crude landing gears bug me to no end. If the model is of a really special aircraft, I end up just buying another. That being said, being picky does have the benefit of saving money... Also helps if your collecting criteria is so narrow.
I do use tweezers to fix it sometimes, but if it is a narrow body I just cannot be bothered. I do try and fix them on wide bodies though. I am picky too when it comes to colours and mould, it’s just the tiny details I can go without.

I always use tweezers for my repairs...just helps keep things in place. It helps to have steady hands. I bought a Gemini American 737-MAX 8 last summer, and it mysteriously lost 2 aerials. I found the smallest on in the cradle, contacted Gemini and got some replacement aerials, and I had it fixed less than 5 minutes after I got them out of the package. Tweezers are also great for holding tires while you try to put them on the axle...as long as you don't squeeze them too hard.

I always use tweezers for my repairs...just helps keep things in place. It helps to have steady hands. I bought a Gemini American 737-MAX 8 last summer, and it mysteriously lost 2 aerials. I found the smallest on in the cradle, contacted Gemini and got some replacement aerials, and I had it fixed less than 5 minutes after I got them out of the package. Tweezers are also great for holding tires while you try to put them on the axle...as long as you don't squeeze them too hard.
Tweezers are life-savers. Thankfully I have very steady hands and have been able to fix most of the required fixes. I got a Gemini Qantas 787-9 without a single part attached to the fuselage, including aerials. I successfully glued it all back together and I now have a perfectly fine model, all thanks to some steady hands and a pair of tweezers.

Thankfully I still have steady hands at 64. I would like to think that model railroading in N scale for almost 40 years helped. It takes steady hands to put tiny number board decals on an N scale locomotive.

I look at it this way; remember the good ole days of observation decks at the airport?? As the plane was taxiing by, I admired the color scheme, turning props (if applicable), and even flashing lights. I never once noticed or remember any antennas!! (707 tail probe notwithstanding!!)

Last week I went to my favorite local diecast store in Tacoma, WA and was going to buy a 400 scale model of another brand, not AC, however the antenna atop the plane was so prominent, I decided against it, as that is not how I remember aircraft looking!! Some food for thought!!

I look at it this way; remember the good ole days of observation decks at the airport?? As the plane was taxiing by, I admired the color scheme, turning props (if applicable), and even flashing lights. I never once noticed or remember any antennas!! (707 tail probe notwithstanding!!)

Last week I went to my favorite local diecast store in Tacoma, WA and was going to buy a 400 scale model of another brand, not AC, however the antenna atop the plane was so prominent, I decided against it, as that is not how I remember aircraft looking!! Some food for thought!!
That’s actually a very interesting way of looking at it. When I was spotting from the old LHR T2 deck I can’t say that I ever paid much attention to the antenna; it was always about the livery, tail area, engines or wings, and the general activity around it on the apron. I never felt there was anything missing on the models I collected prior to that detail being introduced.

Very good point. I never noticed antennas on anything, other than that one sticking out in front of the tail on 707s. And I paid a lot of attention to the details on virtually every plane I saw.

Even nowadays they are not very noticeable. I can be at the Ops road lookout at MEL and not notice any antenna, the important parts are the livery and sounds. An oversized antenna will not make-or-break the model for me, I am happy as long as the livery and mould are good.

Even nowadays they are not very noticeable. I can be at the Ops road lookout at MEL and not notice any antenna, the important parts are the livery and sounds. An oversized antenna will not make-or-break the model for me, I am happy as long as the livery and mould are good.
I agree. Livery and mould quality is much more critical for me than aerials.

NG do well with all those things most of the time tbh quality control aside
I'd say with QC they also do well. They have to ship the model to wherever we are then it has to be shipped again to us. So far out of my few NG's only one of them had been damaged though that was from me messing with the gears.