Is it normal for a model plane store to message you offering a discount through text, not email let me know I trust diecastairplanestore so I’m unsure

I smell a scam. I would not trust that in a million years. Here is what I would do. Check the number you got the text from against the number on their website, if it matches, email them asking if they sent that text and discuss the discount in emails. If it doesn't match, email them to confirm that it wasn't them and block that number. Hope this helps! :)

Hi Darius,

Sorry for any offence we may have caused, there are a lot of scams going around at the moment, I think we are all a bit on edge. Looking forward to seeing more of you on MAF.

Best regards,
Qantas992

No scam, we were reaching out to see if we could help our customer. Not sure what is so suspicious about that?

Regards,
Darius
https://diecastairplanestore.com
Hello there not so sure if your a legit account or not but let say you are,
In 99 out of 100 times when you get a text message like this it's a scammer some time they send you a suspicious email
With weird instructions

No scam, we were reaching out to see if we could help our customer. Not sure what is so suspicious about that?

Regards,
Darius
https://diecastairplanestore.com
Unfortunately there are a huge number of scams going around via text, phishing and impersonating legit businesses/organisations etc.

Sad we have to be suspicious of even the most innocent activity such as offering a potential customer discount, but that’s how it is in this day and age.

The number on that text message does not match any number which is shown in the contact details on your website - so on the face of it, no way to officially connect the two.

I’d suggest contacting a customer within your own website contact functions, or at least add the whatsapp/mobile contact details there as well, or whatever is used for direct comms such as this with a visible number which matches.

Many sites now offer online ‘chat’ features which allow live communication within the site, adding further peace of mind.

This is nothing against your character as a legitimate business, but I hope you can understand the concerns being raised here and move forward with a positive solution to reassure would-be customers.