GeminiJets' Gold Color on N871HK

Hello Guys,

Today I wanna take a look at the GeminiJets 1:400 Scale Southwest Airlines Boeing 737 MAX 8 in the Dessert Gold Retro Livery released from their May 2023 Releases. This is a controversial model as many people had some complaints about the gold color. Unfortunately GeminiJets has not fixed the gold color on the 737 MAX as it is has the same exact glossy gold as their previous model they did on N714CB from their March 2021 Releases. While it is safe to say that Gemini could have done better with the gold, at least their 737 MAX mould is okay. There might be some wing flex and rocket ship engines, but at least the printing of the livery and fuselage proportions is good.

In my opinion, I think the NG Models Version is a lot better. While they also messed up on the gold color too, I think NG tried their best on getting the gold color right, and I really appreciate them for doing that. Plus, the gold would look nearly accurate if I were to place the NG Version on sunlight. Plus with a superior 737 MAX Mould, It does make the model more realistic in terms of the shape of the aircraft.

For a comparison, here are the images of N714CB and N871HK from WaffleCollectables. You can really tell how similar the gold color is.

Let me know what you think of it by leaving a reply.
GJ_N714CB.jpegScreenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.48.41 PM.png

Hello Guys,

Today I wanna take a look at the GeminiJets 1:400 Scale Southwest Airlines Boeing 737 MAX 8 in the Dessert Gold Retro Livery released from their May 2023 Releases. This is a controversial model as many people had some complaints about the gold color. Unfortunately GeminiJets has not fixed the gold color on the 737 MAX as it is has the same exact glossy gold as their previous model they did on N714CB from their March 2021 Releases. While it is safe to say that Gemini could have done better with the gold, at least their 737 MAX mould is okay. There might be some wing flex and rocket ship engines, but at least the printing of the livery and fuselage proportions is good.

In my opinion, I think the NG Models Version is a lot better. While they also messed up on the gold color too, I think NG tried their best on getting the gold color right, and I really appreciate them for doing that. Plus, the gold would look nearly accurate if I were to place the NG Version on sunlight. Plus with a superior 737 MAX Mould, It does make the model more realistic in terms of the shape of the aircraft.

For a comparison, here are the images of N714CB and N871HK from WaffleCollectables. You can really tell how similar the gold color is.

Let me know what you think of it by leaving a reply.
View attachment 16600View attachment 16601
Yeah, it definitely looks like the same color on both. NG's attempt at it isn't perfect, but it is a lot closer than this. Glad now that I opted for the NG release.

Me personally, I’m going to look at both at Airliners. The decision on whether or not I get the NG probably won’t change (it’s leaning towards a yes) though based on these photos. Really unfortunate that GJ can’t get the color right on this, and same for NG too even though theirs is much closer. Had NG gotten the metal sparkle I think it would’ve been perfect.

I don’t understand why this color is so hard to get right nowadays; GJ had no problem with it on past models. Heck, AC is probably the closest out of all three, and that model has its own flaws!

Me personally, I’m going to look at both at Airliners. The decision on whether or not I get the NG probably won’t change (it’s leaning towards a yes) though based on these photos. Really unfortunate that GJ can’t get the color right on this, and same for NG too even though theirs is much closer. Had NG gotten the metal sparkle I think it would’ve been perfect.

I don’t understand why this color is so hard to get right nowadays; GJ had no problem with it on past models. Heck, AC is probably the closest out of all three, and that model has its own flaws!
NG is miles off, AC lightyears - IMHO.
Here are mine, NG left, AC right.
737-8 N871HK by AlexK3800, auf Flickr

Last edited:
That Aeroclassics is a terrible model. Their MAX mould have some bad issues, the Desert Gold colors are waaay off and that black anti-glare shield shouldn't even be there. With other superior options available, I wouldn't even consider the AC. I fully agree with @YankeeVictor ... it's basically a fantasy model lol

It's sad that between AC, GJ, and NG..no one got the color right.. In my opinion, NG got it closest...if they would've put a bit of metal flake in it, would be a lot closer.