Final RM Models Store Update

After many messages and a wait of 2 weeks with no word from RM Model Store, I am happy to post that I received all 5 models ordered in excellent condition.

Once the communication from RM finally started, it was regular updates and information. Even upon discovery that the house number was wrong (my fault) they tried their best as did I to get UPS to change it to no avail.

The following pics are the 5 models I received. They are all stunning, and were packed very well. I do think RM has some issues, would I trust ordering from them again, probably yes. While initially not the best experience, their action and delivery of my orders have a great deal to do with my saying yes I would try another order, but not a large order like this last one.

Thank you RM Models Store for stepping up and delivering, well done.

Attachments

• IMG_20240727_201016804_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240727_201016804_AE.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240727_201003903_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240727_201003903_AE.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20240727_200535701_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240727_200535701_AE.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240727_200524709_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240727_200524709_AE.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240727_200452715_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240727_200452715_AE.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 15
If it takes a credit card claim to get them to ship, one has to question their actual motives. This is not the way any business should operate or any customer should be treated.

If it takes a credit card claim to get them to ship, one has to question their actual motives. This is not the way any business should operate or any customer should be treated.
I totally agree with you, no legit business should operate in such manner. I didn't say they were the best to deal with, it was horrible. Once I got through to someone and the communication started that is when it turned around and was the experience one expects. As I said I might trust placing another order in the future for 1 model not 5. I will give anyone a second chance but there is no third.

I just sent them an email and IM them let see if they'll respond. Sent several emails to them last month no response.

Didn't a collector who posted on YouTube and said he lost thousands of dollars from these guys?

Ok, they finally replied thru online chat, but I think they're lying and very suspicious. I inquired about a model discontinued about 10 years ago because it was still listed on their site as available. There's no way anyone has this in stock, and they don't either. So the person said

"Inflight200 models, especially unpopular models like this one sit on shelves for long periods of time and are often times available at one of the network of distributors we use. In addition, Inflight200 themselves sometimes has extra models stored that no distributor has ordered. Upon confirming right now, if ordered, this model will be able to ship within the 2 week timeframe."

Well, the model is $167.95 before shipping cost. Not sure if it's worth the risk to give it a try. Of course if would have to be credit card payment in case of disputing should a fraud charge occur.

Would you believe them? Inflight discontinued about 10 years ago still obtainable and within 2 weeks?

Ok, they finally replied thru online chat, but I think they're lying and very suspicious. I inquired about a model discontinued about 10 years ago because it was still listed on their site as available. There's no way anyone has this in stock, and they don't either. So the person said

"Inflight200 models, especially unpopular models like this one sit on shelves for long periods of time and are often times available at one of the network of distributors we use. In addition, Inflight200 themselves sometimes has extra models stored that no distributor has ordered. Upon confirming right now, if ordered, this model will be able to ship within the 2 week timeframe."

Well, the model is $167.95 before shipping cost. Not sure if it's worth the risk to give it a try. Of course if would have to be credit card payment in case of disputing should a fraud charge occur.

Would you believe them? Inflight discontinued about 10 years ago still obtainable and within 2 weeks?
Having worked retail for many years on the side, it is possible that a distributor could have some very old inventory. It's always possible several got packed in the wrong box and this wasn't discovered until years later. Stranger things have happened.

I had to send multiple emails and make threats before I got a response. Once I had communication established, I did press them for specific days that and when it didn't happen, I pressed harder. I did receive my orders 1 week later. I get the hesitation, I would be hesitant as well, the saving grace is definitely paying by credit card is a must for any online purchases. Try to pin them down to specific dates and hold them accountable ..

Having worked retail for many years on the side, it is possible that a distributor could have some very old inventory. It's always possible several got packed in the wrong box and this wasn't discovered until years later. Stranger things have happened.

I had to send multiple emails and make threats before I got a response. Once I had communication established, I did press them for specific days that and when it didn't happen, I pressed harder. I did receive my orders 1 week later. I get the hesitation, I would be hesitant as well, the saving grace is definitely paying by credit card is a must for any online purchases. Try to pin them down to specific dates and hold them accountable ..
Looks like they updated the site last night, now they list this item as sold out and cannot be ordered.

Does anyone know if RM Models Store and RM Toys LTE in Australia are the same company?
If common sense tells you not to purchase from it, then don't. Also, products being from Australia, the return process could potentially prove a nightmare let alone shipping

So today I suddenly got an email from them, probably because last month I emailed them and never heard back. In their email they said:

Hello,
I would like to apologize for your difficulties in reaching us last month. This is unacceptable and we will make sure such an incident does not happen again.

I have ordered the model from the distributor and it will arrive next Friday, and if you are still interested, we would like to offer you a $10 store credit as an apology.

I asked them to send me some actual photos of the model when it arrives, they said:

Hello,
We will certainly send you photos once the model arrives at our warehouse which will be sometime next week.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thank You

So the model they claimed they ordered from the distributor has already been discontinued for almost 10 years.

Let see if they're for real. Will see if the come back with the "real" photos LOL

Here's an update.

Before Aug I was still speculating whether they were genuine and honest of fulfilling orders. Guess what, it was a surprise they really did it, and in fact was kind of shocking an old discontinued release was still obtainable thru the distributor and shipped to the warehouse. They showed me a few photos of the two models I asked them to order and put them side by side so the photos were indeed genuine and not doctored up. I then paid for both models and they shipped them via UPS SurePost.

Within a week the package with both models arrived safely. After this order, I started giving them some credits by placing another order with them. Like the first order, they didn't ask for a deposit or anything to special order, instead they ordered the models to arrive at the warehouse first, showed me the actual photos, I paid and then they shipped out.

I got the second order yesterday as well. So I guess they're coming for real at least for now. Also, looks like they're replying messages pretty fast thru their website's chat messenger. I don't need to contact them by email at all.

I am happy to hear that you've received your purchases and that they are the models you requested. I have been looking at placing another order as they have 2 models I want for less than anyone else

I want to be fair and give them another chance and hearing your orders went well, gives me more faith that I will receive my order

I am happy to hear that you've received your purchases and that they are the models you requested. I have been looking at placing another order as they have 2 models I want for less than anyone else

I want to be fair and give them another chance and hearing your orders went well, gives me more faith that I will receive my order
So wondering if someone took over the management, ownership or something else. It's almost like a 360 degree turn of what they did to other collectors who lost a big chunk of money