Fictional Australian Airport

Merimbula15

Hi! I’m planning out a fictional Australian airport but before I start I need some opinions.
first of all how should the runway be set up, horizontaly (top or bottom), or vertically (left or right).
second of, should I use the Gemini jets terminal building or not, since if I don’t use it I have more freedom when setting up the layout.
what are your opinions, why or why not?
BD78136D-3F17-4B84-8A6B-91BA95EB49F9.jpeg
Pls comment your opinions down below 🙂

Looks great! I'm excited about where you take it. I personally would not use the GJ terminal building, using your own layout gives you a far greater range of layouts, plus it also lets you get more out of a small space. Unless it is super important to you, I would recommend against having a runway, it takes up a lot of space. If you had a separate plank of wood, you could use that for a runway, that's what I have done for taking photos. However, if you do want a runway, I would use the top left to right, it takes away the least space from the rest of the airport.

Thanks so much! I hadn’t thought about not having a runway. My idea is to have the majority of the labour be for domestic aircraft, but I was worried about a space for a small international area, so this solves that problem really efficiently!

Thanks so much! I hadn’t thought about not having a runway. My idea is to have the majority of the labour be for domestic aircraft, but I was worried about a space for a small international area, so this solves that problem really efficiently!
No problem mate! I have an airport WIP set up on a 1200mm by 400mm with x2 A380 capable gates, x3 B748 gates and x2 narrowbody gates without a runway and plenty of room for terminals. I made a runway on a separate 1800mm by 40mm plank for photos.

Follow up question, what Vietnamese 787-9 should I use, bamboo, or Vietnam airways. (I think Vietnam goes to Sydney and bamboo goes to Melbourne btw)
B20B133F-A14A-42CA-86CD-1C4DFB2C8ACB.jpeg
P.S, wired question, but do you pronounce Melbourne like mel-bun, mel-bin, or mel-born.

Bamboo and Vietnam both go to YMML, and Vietnam goes to YSSY. And also Melbourne is pronounced Mel-bin, from a proud Melbournian.

YES I KNEW THATS HOW MELBOURNE WAS PRONOUNCED. IN THE U.S.A PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY MEL-BORN AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE. NO OFFENCE TO AMERICANS AND I KNOW THERE ARE AMERICANS IN THIS FORUM BUT I MUST SPEAK THE TRUTH.

YES I KNEW THATS HOW MELBOURNE WAS PRONOUNCED. IN THE U.S.A PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY MEL-BORN AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE. NO OFFENCE TO AMERICANS AND I KNOW THERE ARE AMERICANS IN THIS FORUM BUT I MUST SPEAK THE TRUTH.
AND THEN PEOPLE ALSO SAY CAN-BEAR-A, WHIN ITS PRONOUNCED CAN-BRAH
At least I know now how they are correctly pronouned. I learn something new every day.

I would think the terminal on the top would be good so you could put the runway on the bottom and easily access it, although any layout would be great.