Fedex DC-10 incident at YYC N306FE (Same Aircraft Involved in hijacking incident)

I noticed the flight number was 9101...a non-revenue flight number..probably a ferry flight. I guess they'll either repair what was wrong in MEM or strip it down and send it off to retirement.

I hope so too. From what I've heard, all of the 8 remaining MD-10-'s will be retired right after peak...(the last week of December)

Good news...I checked flightradar24, and N306FE is back in service... made a round trip MEM-TLC (Toluca, Mexico) yesterday, and going MEM-GDL (Guadalajara, Mexico) and back to MEM today.

Good to hear 306 is back in service. Unfortunately I don’t live near an airport that gets the tri-jets, so I won’t see one before they’re gone. They served great careers though, 40+ years is quite impressive for a commercial airliner across passenger and cargo service.

Interesting, didn't know the story about that plane. Would love to see it if it comes back into IND soon.
It's definitely possible....right now, there's only 1 DC-10 into IND... from YYZ on the night sort. That should change this month. Last year during peak we had 3 DC-10's on the day sort...mostly from the west coast.