Detailed Mould Comparison - Boeing 747-8I

YesterAirlines

There has been a lot of renewed competition recently in 400 scale and the 747-8 is a good example of this, since we have moved from 2 to 4 moulds with the introduction of the NG Models and YY Wings versions. I wrote this review last month and it's been sitting in the backlog but with no individual model review this week it seems an apt time to take a detailed look at the four moulds and do some scoring:

748_DETAILEDRANKING.jpg

not sure where shall i post it, but I just found this on Taobao.
a brand new 747-8F mould with flap down version.
it's branded as HX wings, but seeing that the FD version i couldnt help to think it's from the same factory of YY wings 747-8i since it also has the only FD version of 747-8.
however, the listed price is almost 50% more than the YY, which is about the JC 747 level.
looking forward to it
1716527580041.png

it's branded as HX wings, but seeing that the FD version i couldnt help to think it's from the same factory of YY wings 747-8i since it also has the only FD version of 747-8.
however, the listed price is almost 50% more than the YY, which is about the JC 747 level.
looking forward to it
View attachment 29841
I agree with your statement regarding the mould. I have seen photos of YY’s factory B748F in this bare metal scheme surfaced - this would be the justification for that. Nonetheless I see there is 1 different thing here, which they charge around 40% more - the collection card. I dunno if the final quality of these HX are better than YY though.

I agree with your statement regarding the mould. I have seen photos of YY’s factory B748F in this bare metal scheme surfaced - this would be the justification for that. Nonetheless I see there is 1 different thing here, which they charge around 40% more - the collection card. I dunno if the final quality of these HX are better than YY though.
if that's the case, i would expect the quality would at least be at the same level with YY.
also I notice that they say a metal stand, which currently YY is offering a plastic stand (which i already liked).
the price difference just shows how much profit margin in these models.
but what I'm more excited about this is, if they can do a modern 747-8 at this level, where could well be a wave of classic 747s (with new mould) coming with affordable price and acceptable quality in addition to PH and NG.

1716528144588.png

if that's the case, i would expect the quality would at least be at the same level with YY.
also I notice that they say a metal stand, which currently YY is offering a plastic stand (which i already liked).
the price difference just shows how much profit margin in these models.
but what I'm more excited about this is, if they can do a modern 747-8 at this level, where could well be a wave of classic 747s (with new mould) coming with affordable price and acceptable quality in addition to PH and NG.

View attachment 29843
I remember that the owner of YY wanted to create his models, which were sold in the most accessible price, while retaining the high quality and that what made YY came to life. I also liked the plastic stand which came along already. I would also like that kind of wave for the classic 747s, which until now there is one - DeAgostini mould sold under JetHut brand - but it was poorly crafted - hence there is no much demand.

looking forward to it
View attachment 29841
This seems to be the same brand as SQwings, which has some really promising-looking moulds coming in 200 scale.

At first glance, it looks like a copycat of NG for me :LOL:😂 I wish we could se at least a new 747-400 or even a 747 Classic

@YesterAirlines I have the same JCWings boeing house livery but what bothers me with the mould is the wing shape.

It goes up but imo does not curve down correctly. I tried to take 2 foto's with some reference pictures of the real thing.

How are other moulds from that perspective? I am considering replacing this model in the future, but I am curious which manufacturer has the best front view in terms of correct wing curve.

Attachments

• 20240713_222538.jpg
    20240713_222538.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20240713_222414.jpg
    20240713_222414.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240713_221917_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240713_221917_Chrome.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240713_223838_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240713_223838_Chrome.jpg