Detailed Mould Comparison - Boeing 777-200

YesterAirlines

Obviously we've had some chitchat in the past week about the relative merits of the 777s on the market and this post is not a direct reaction to that since 95% of it was written in August and has just been sitting in the backlog. Originally this review was spurred by me acquiring my first few NG 777s but nonetheless, it seems, given our discussion, opportune to bump it up to publication. So here I take a closer look at the 3 active 777-200 castings available. My view on this is that for two of the three it really is a case of picking your poison and both are very good:

B772_DETAILED_HEADER.jpg

Obviously we've had some chitchat in the past week about the relative merits of the 777s on the market and this post is not a direct reaction to that since 95% of it was written in August and has just been sitting in the backlog. Originally this review was spurred by me acquiring my first few NG 777s but nonetheless, it seems, given our discussion, opportune to bump it up to publication. So here I take a closer look at the 3 active 777-200 castings available. My view on this is that for two of the three it really is a case of picking your poison and both are very good:

View attachment 24782
You compare GE90-94B (777-200ER) with GE90-110/115B (777-200LR/F/300ER). Their size, blades and design are totally different.

You compare GE90-94B (777-200ER) with GE90-110/115B (777-200LR/F/300ER). Their size, blades and design are totally different.
It makes little difference. In general the blade design ethos is what matters and it is clear that the see through blades really damage the look of the fans.

I've changed the reference photo but it makes no difference to anything I said. Two of the three model images depict 777-200LRs anyway. A cursory look at a PHX 77W I own and the fans look the same as on this 772.

Last edited: