Delta widget livery color under cockpit window ?

USABIG3

Anyone can confirm if Delta Widget livery has dark blue painted under cockpit window then becomes black at nose tip? I always thought it’s ALL Black. I can’t find any real pictures showing this dark blue paint

I have attached pictures for AC B737-200 March release. If you look carefully, then you will see the dark blue

Attachments

• 4D0663EC-3A6D-4841-8787-27F90E803B1C.jpeg
    4D0663EC-3A6D-4841-8787-27F90E803B1C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • B5AC276F-D6A1-4367-B315-AECC71C6D656.jpeg
    B5AC276F-D6A1-4367-B315-AECC71C6D656.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Even though the C-46 has many flaws and the Swiss DC-10 has one too, I bought them anyway.

The pictures the retailer posted and even on AC’s own website, there is no way to tell its color. In fact, it does look like all black.

So frustrating that a holy grail like this is effed up for no reason other than carelessness and lack of attention to detail. What a shame.

anyone else notice that AC721 and 732 noses seem to be getting pointier as well?

It's the factory workers polishing the models too much. Same happens with other models like the A340 and Viscount.
Blaming it on the poor worker sounds like a cheap excuse to me. You can do that once, maybe twice, but not for months of production.

WHY is it done? If it's "the workers", why aren't they trained/supervised to remedy the problem? It can't be all anarchy at the factory.
Could it be moulds are reaching end of life so that the casts need lots more post-processing (over polishing)? Milking the last dollar out of the moulds instead of refurbishing/investing?

The thing is I contact the retailer abt the issue. According to the retailer, he has reached out to the owner of AC, and the owner said this color correct. I also posted the question on AC ‘s Facebook but no respond yet. For the past months, AC has produced 737-200 in Ron Allen and Color in Motion, and the this retailer has price as $50 but for this widget livery is listed as $45. I wonder if this color issue is why $5 cheaper. But no mention of it in the description at all.I don’t know. Just feel my money paying isn’t justified

So frustrating that a holy grail like this is effed up for no reason other than carelessness and lack of attention to detail. What a shame.

anyone else notice that AC721 and 732 noses seem to be getting pointier as well?
GJ did this one correctly. You might try searching for one of those instead.

Honestly, this is a huge disappointment. Even after the leaked photos from Squatchy's, all AK managed to do was lie and paint the radomes black. I was going to buy this and add it to my Widget fleet, but this error is something I cannot overlook. I will be keeping my Gemini version. Good riddance.

This is a problem guys!!!! None of the retailers who carry this off-color Delta widget B737-200 mention this issue on their websites so does on eBay. Is this just certain batches got affected? I bought mine from Scratchy and have confirmed with another buyer with same issue who also purchased from Scratchy

what is going on?! Why is AC and the retailers so quiet?! We are paying good amount of money for “Collectible” models that carry some values in it.

Maybe we can start a discussion with the top model mistake ever made!!!!