Concorde in the Landor C/S: Finally!!!

Jazajia

I got incredibly lucky recently as I got a collection sale email from Waffle at a very unlikely time in the morning, the fact that I was awake already makes it a rare coincidence. The sale included the GeminiJets British Airways Concorde in the Landor C/S G-BOAB. Of course, I snapped it as quickly as I could, fingers shaking and all...

When I got home, I discovered the model was in some pretty rough shape with a couple of notorious paint chips and a lot of dirt spots attached to it. Nonetheless, It was Concorde in the British Airways Landor livery, and it looked salvable.

The paint chips ended up being well hidden, but of course, the scars can still be seen if one knows where to look. The model cleaned up amazingly well, and with some car wax the finish looks like new! I am satisfied.

I've wanted a BA Landor Concorde in 1:400 scale since I started collecting in 2009, but it was not until about 3-4 years ago that I committed to hunting one down. During that time I have only seen it pop up twice on eBay: one was a Herpa one, but the auction smelled fishy (shill bidding, with an immediate follow-up offer to buy it after the winning bidder defaulted...) so I let that one go (regret a bit, but not too much...). Then I recently got outbid on a GJ one that went for $90+. Not an outrageous price, but I knew an opportunity like the one I'm sharing with you here would likely come down the road, so I decided to keep my money (I'm so glad I was right). During the same period, I also saw one come out on a Waffle sale about a year ago for cheap, but I guess I don't need to tell you what happened with that one (survival of the fittest in this game my friends!)

So in this post I am focusing mainly on the hunt part of this tale and the satisfaction of finally scoring without breaking the bank! (I am a big opponent of the normalization of paying small fortunes for models - not saying that have not done it, but I am bloody glad that this was not one of those cases!). I still have to find the time to organize my thoughts and put down why the Landor livery makes me experience so many good emotions, but I will tell you that a huge void in my collection has been filled. Sure, there are still many rare sold-out models high on my most-wanted list, but at this point in time I am extremely pleased to say that all the absolutely-must-have grails (that have been produced, that is) are on property, and it feels so nice! I have not been this excited with a model since 2009 when I was chasing down all the Viasa releases from 2007.

Finally, I have been aware for some time of the fact that GJ incorrectly used the Chatham Dockyard font on this model, I also know that the Herpa version is superior, but having this fixed-up GJ example sure beats the alternative for me.

Before and after:

IMG_2783.jpg
fetch
IMG_2823.jpg
IMG_2782.jpg IMG_2824.jpg

Some selected pics of the first official photoshoot:

fetch

6cc367_51645614845b4168b7c46e8a77650a72~mv2.jpg

Then I took my Landor fleet to take a group shot, something that I don't think I will do again in a good while.

fetch

Though I did not have a diorama ready to receive this model, I did take some nice in-flight shots of it. It looks splendid in its natural habitat!

fetch
fetch

Finally, I decided to make a video using some of the best pictures from this series of festivities that have been taking place to celebrate the arrival of G-BOAB to the collection.

There are some other nice pictures that I have not gotten around to processing, but for now I hope I successfully rubbed off some of the excitement that I am experiencing with this new arrival with you! Happy collecting everyone! let's keep enjoying our models to the fullest!

Last edited:
Lovely model, this is the last Concorde I need to go along with needing G-BOAF in Union Flag to complete my Concorde fleet, great recovery of the damage looks as good as new

Thanks purpleplane! Hey, I've been meaning to go and check out your collection thread, but as you can see, been busy around here.

Congratulations on finding such a stunning model, a long-awaited arrival into your collection. I saw this on the Waffle sale too but you beat me to it! No hard feelings though, you deserve it. :ROFLMAO: You did a great job on the fix-up, it looks pretty much brand new.

Last edited:
Congratulations on finding such a stunning model, a long-awaited arrival into your collection I saw this on the Waffle sale too but you beat me to it! No hard feelings though, you deserve it. :ROFLMAO: You did a great job on the fix-up, it looks pretty much brand new.
Oh thanks Oscar! the email came at around 0600 east coast time if I remember correctly, which would have been around 0300 west coast. Not sure what Waffle was doing up at that time, but I could not believe I won't the lottery for once on one of these! I am sure you will find one in due time.

Oh thanks Oscar! the email came at around 0600 east coast time if I remember correctly, which would have been around 0300 west coast. Not sure what Waffle was doing up at that time, but I could not believe I won't the lottery for once on one of these! I am sure you will find one in due time.
To be perfectly honest, I’m not sure what I was doing up at that time either. I’m just glad the model found its way into good hands.

Glad to see you got it finally. I got mine when it was released, which feels like a 100 years ago now. I too have all 7 Chatham reg examples, one of which was only available as a Harrods exclusive when I got it, 'AB' I think it was ? There's been several variations of Negus examples too, so I never understood why, despite the popularity of the Landor livery amongst collectors, there were only those two GJ and Herpa releases ?

Lovely model, this is the last Concorde I need to go along with needing G-BOAF in Union Flag to complete my Concorde fleet, great recovery of the
Nice, so I gather you have the Herpa Landor G-BOAE? I only have six Concordes in my collection, but a Landor one (Herpa or GJ) was a must.
still need the Herpa Landor and GJ, and then BOAF in Union Flag GJ

Glad to see you got it finally. I got mine when it was released, which feels like a 100 years ago now. I too have all 7 Chatham reg examples, one of which was only available as a Harrods exclusive when I got it, 'AB' I think it was ? There's been several variations of Negus examples too, so I never understood why, despite the popularity of the Landor livery amongst collectors, there were only those two GJ and Herpa releases ?
I have never been a huge fan of the Chatham Dockyard livery. I swear I always unconsciously think deep inside"I wish BA still had the Landor livery" every time I see a current BA aircraft. It probably would be different if I was British or lived in England. So because of that, I have not bothered to get a Chatham Concorde. I do have full titles Negus/Singapore split G-BOAD (bought thinking it was a full-liveried Negus, but ended up liking it with the split livery), and British titles Negus G-BOAG. The Negus livery is a bit before my time, but I think is an attractive predecessor to the Landor.

I got curious about that Harrods exclusive you mentioned so looked it up and yes, GeminiJets 2005 release G-BOAB. Interesting.

I got incredibly lucky recently as I got a collection sale email from Waffle at a very unlikely time in the morning, the fact that I was awake already makes it a rare coincidence. The sale included the GeminiJets British Airways Concorde in the Landor C/S G-BOAB. Of course, I snapped it as quickly as I could, fingers shaking and all...

When I got home, I discovered the model was in some pretty rough shape with a couple of notorious paint chips and a lot of dirt spots attached to it. Nonetheless, It was Concorde in the British Airways Landor livery, and it looked salvable.

The paint chips ended up being well hidden, but of course, the scars can still be seen if one knows where to look. The model cleaned up amazingly well, and with some car wax the finish looks like new! I am satisfied.

I've wanted a BA Landor Concorde in 1:400 scale since I started collecting in 2009, but it was not until about 3-4 years ago that I committed to hunting one down. During that time I have only seen it pop up twice on eBay: one was a Herpa one, but the auction smelled fishy (shill bidding, with an immediate follow-up offer to buy it after the winning bidder defaulted...) so I let that one go (regret a bit, but not too much...). Then I recently got outbid on a GJ one that went for $90+. Not an outrageous price, but I knew an opportunity like the one I'm sharing with you here would likely come down the road, so I decided to keep my money (I'm so glad I was right). During the same period, I also saw one come out on a Waffle sale about a year ago for cheap, but I guess I don't need to tell you what happened with that one (survival of the fittest in this game my friends!)

So in this post I am focusing mainly on the hunt part of this tale and the satisfaction of finally scoring without breaking the bank! (I am a big opponent of the normalization of paying small fortunes for models - not saying that have not done it, but I am bloody glad that this was not one of those cases!). I still have to find the time to organize my thoughts and put down why the Landor livery makes me experience so many good emotions, but I will tell you that a huge void in my collection has been filled. Sure, there are still many rare sold-out models high on my most-wanted list, but at this point in time I am extremely pleased to say that all the absolutely-must-have grails (that have been produced, that is) are on property, and it feels so nice! I have not been this excited with a model since 2009 when I was chasing down all the Viasa releases from 2007.

Finally, I have been aware for some time of the fact that GJ erroneously used the Chatham Dockyard on this model, I also know that the Herpa version is superior, but having this fixed-up GJ example sure beats the alternative for me.

Before and after:

View attachment 12524
fetch
View attachment 12525
View attachment 12526 View attachment 12527

Some selected pics of the first official photoshoot:

fetch

6cc367_51645614845b4168b7c46e8a77650a72~mv2.jpg

Then I took my Landor fleet to take a group shot, something that I don't think I will do again in a good while.

fetch

Though I did not have a diorama ready to receive this model, I did take some nice in-flight shots of it. It looks splendid in its natural habitat!

fetch
fetch

Finally, I decided to make a video using some of the best pictures from this series of festivities that have been taking place to celebrate the arrival of G-BOAB to the collection.

There are some other nice pictures that I have not gotten around to processing, but for now I hope I successfully rubbed off some of the excitement that I am experiencing with this new arrival with you! Happy collecting everyone! let's keep enjoying our models to the fullest!
Great post, fantastic model, even better photos! Particularly those in-flight shots - Wow!! Love the realism. Obrigado, S

This is lovely! The thrill of acquiring a long desired model is very infectious Hehe! I'm also looking for a BA Concorde - the Negus G-BOAA one. Hope to locate one soon! And if I get the Herpa one, then, well!

.....I have been aware for some time of the fact that GJ erroneously used the Chatham Dockyard on this model,
Hi YV-
Can I ask what you mean when you say "that GJ erroneously used the Chatham Dockyard on this model"?
Did the Concorde fleet never wear the Chatham Dockyard livery?
Thanks and all the best from Ireland

Hi YV-
Can I ask what you mean when you say "that GJ erroneously used the Chatham Dockyard on this model"?
Did the Concorde fleet never wear the Chatham Dockyard livery?
Thanks and all the best from Ireland

Oh I'm sorry, I meant the Chatham Dockyard font. The font used in this Landor Concorde was the one from Chatham Dockyard livery, they are different.

Here is a close-up of AB in real life (photo credit goes to Remi Dallot and can be found here)

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 6.01.50 PM.png

Here is a closeup of my example of AB made by GJ:

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 6.02.13 PM.png

The differences are subtle but there are some. To me the most notorious one is the "W" in Airways.

Here is G-CIVI by GJ with the correct Landor font:

6cc367_d4cd106dbfab4bdf8b4639cbbb61c82a~mv2.jpg

And finally here is G-BNLN by GJ showing a clearer view of the Utopia/Chatham font that was applied in error to Concorde G-BOAB in the Landor c/s.

IMG_2861.jpg