Aviation400 New Releases

OscarBravo992

Hi All!

AV400 just announced a bunch of new models across their A350, 787 and 777 moulds. Here's the list:

Azul Linhas Aereas Brasileiras A350-900 PR-AOW
Turkish Airlines A350-900 TC-LGL
Xiamen Airlines B 787-900 B-1356
Xiamen Airlines B 787-900 B-7838
Air China B 777-300 B-2032
China Southern Airlines B 777-300 B-7588
United Airlines B 777-300 N2534U
China Eastern Airlines B 777-300 B-2023
Air China B 777-300 B-2085
Qatar Airways B 777-300 A7-BEL
Qatar Airways B 777-300 A7-BEX
Delta Air Lines A350-900 N576DZ
ANA All Nippon Airways B 777-300 JA784A
Cathay Pacific B 777-300 B-KPA

I'll be pre-ordering the Cathay and United 777s, how about you?

That Delta A350 is very much needed, there are only a few regs out there, N502DN (regular and spirit), N512DN (NG models version, is practically extinct), and the current AV400 one, N503DN, so this is very good, as the A350 is slowly becoming the most common widebody in delta’s fleet.

Issue with AV400 is it takes a while

I have connections with them and they tell me the 787 will be ready soon

IMO AV400 always has the best widebody moulds

I would be really tempted to get both that F1 Qatar airways livery and the United unicon livery 777 as I have flown on the United 77w and saw the first visit of the F1 livery to Auckland airport

Yes, they did, but it is NG we're talking about after all. 'This year' could mean anytime from now until 2030. I've already got two JCs and a PH Cathay 777, and I'm still buying this one to compare the three. If NG releases one I'll buy it too.
In retrospect I wonder why I got my hopes up at all lol. They seem to have another ANA anime plane in the pipeline, so that plus a bunch of AAs and Qatars are probably what we'll get instead.

Couple weeks back I emailed NG with a request after not sending those for quite some time. They gave me an ETA of 2024. With the size they're at right now I'd obviously expect they would not be able to keep up with requests. This tells me two things: one, they still do read these emails which is a good sign; and two, the ETAs are more vague than they've ever been.

Couple weeks back I emailed NG with a request after not sending those for quite some time. They gave me an ETA of 2024. With the size they're at right now I'd obviously expect they would not be able to keep up with requests. This tells me two things: one, they still do read these emails which is a good sign; and two, the ETAs are more vague than they've ever been.
That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Being open to requests is a bit of a double-edged sword. On one hand, it gives us collectors what we want, but on the other, we are unhappy when we have to wait years for a model. Ironically, that almost defeats the purpose of taking requests in the first place; to make collectors happy!

I'm sure special liveries and NG's preferred airlines take precedence, while everything else is given a vague ETA with a 50% chance of getting made. The repetitive release sets have persisted despite backlash, which tells me request acknowledgments are more lip service than anything else. The folks at NG make what they want.

I was hoping they'll drop a regular scheme Ethiopian A350 since I missed the NG one - though am happy with the much needed DL regular scheme
Although I agree with @pons399 that in terms of finishing and refinements, Av400 surely lags behind NG in those departments. Which is why I'll pick up the recent NG Sichuan one even though it's 20pc more than the Av400 at my regular store.

Nothing for me on this batch. Although I do love the AV400 777, I wish they would do a 772. For me, the best mould of the 777.

Their A350 is lovely but not as accurate as NG's. Also wondering about their narrow bodies... where are the 320s?

My money is going to NG's (748) and JC's(744KLM) this month.

Abraços, S