Avensa & Servivensa Customs

Jazajia

Avensa YV-94C using the recent Aeroclassics release JA8345 as donor. Fuselage titles came off without acetone. Wings needed some repainting. I had never seen the starboard side of this aircraft, but found a photo after the model was done. Luckily, my guestimation of where the Avensa titles might have been on that side was correct (they are not symmetrically postitioned due to door configuration)

DSC_2977.jpgDSC_2984.jpgDSC_2986.jpgDSC_2989.jpg

The photo below comes from the M. Winter Collection

1702783922842.png

The photo below is from an unknown source. Shared multiple times on social media:

18222242_1424555337606856_5241284423197713535_n.jpg

And I had this GeminiJets DC-9-31 stashed away in my donors's drawer since about three years ago.

When Eastern went bankrupt Avensaa bought a bunch of their DC-9s for them and the newly formed sister airline Servivensa. I clearly remember how you could still read Eastern and see the outline of their logo under the Avensa/Servivensa titles.

I didn't know the titles on the model were also going to leave a scar. Much like a white model, I thought I was going to end up with a uniform bare metal fuselage and was thinking about designing the faded Eastern logo. Had I known how it was going to work out I would have tried to do a better job on the port side to preserve the silhouette of the Eastern titles, the starboard side looks better in that regard.

Fun fact: the model's original reg is N8988E, which is the reg. that corresponds to the actual aircraft that became YV-760C in real life.

DSC_2971.jpgDSC_2978.jpgDSC_2982.jpgDSC_2988.jpg

Photo below from LRS747 on AirHistory.net

1702784509546.png

Photo below from unknown photographer. Shared on social media:

23.jpg

Photo below from Hawkwind on JetPhotos.com: Avensa and Servivensa DC-9s at Maiquetía (Caracas). Many had been painted in their new operator full livery already. You can see YV-760C in the background.

1702784658839.png

Another fun fact, this time about the 727. The reg. corresponding to the model released by Aeroclassics, JA8345, also corresponds to an airframe that went to Avensa as YV-92C. However, this airplane was fully painted in Avensa's livery before entering ops.

For a more formal, editorial style and a bit more historical information read the article below:

Awesome! I'm working on an L1011 that also had the same issue as the title area on the DC9. The only way I figured to remove it was by removing all of the original clear coat... So stained it stays.

Awesome! I'm working on an L1011 that also had the same issue as the title area on the DC9. The only way I figured to remove it was by removing all of the original clear coat... So stained it stays.
The good thing about mine is that it was stained in real life.

And I had this GeminiJets DC-9-31 stashed away in my donors's drawer since about three years ago.

When Eastern went bankrupt Avensaa bought a bunch of their DC-9s for them and the newly formed sister airline Servivensa. I clearly remember how you could still read Eastern and see the outline of their logo under the Avensa/Servivensa titles.

I didn't know the titles on the model were also going to leave a scar. Much like a white model, I thought I was going to end up with a uniform bare metal fuselage and was thinking about designing the faded Eastern logo. Had I known how it was going to work out I would have tried to do a better job on the port side to preserve the silhouette of the Eastern titles, the starboard side looks better in that regard.

Fun fact: the model's original reg is N8988E, which is the reg. that corresponds to the actual aircraft that became YV-760C in real life.

View attachment 25296View attachment 25297View attachment 25298View attachment 25299

Photo below from LRS747 on AirHistory.net

View attachment 25300

Photo below from unknown photographer. Shared on social media:

View attachment 25301

Photo below from Hawkwind on JetPhotos.com: Avensa and Servivensa DC-9s at Maiquetía (Caracas). Many had been painted in their new operator full livery already. You can see YV-760C in the background.

View attachment 25302
That’s actually so cool how that came to work out really well. Amazing customs!!

QC issue in number 1 engine? Well, I'd be OK with that... 727s were rarely clean and spotless looking machines! 😅

I was talking about the radome. From the retailer photos, it was evident that one of the most prominent issues with the entire production run of these ANA 722s was the overly large radome. The one I customized was the better of the two (though it had other issues). The ANA one was bad, the excess paint also changed the shape of the nose (you can see the photo above of the two of them together). I wasn't going to display it like that so peeled it off, I might do a proper radome, or just use it as a donor. These came from the AC Direct Black Friday sale.