Aeroclassics March 2023 speculations

Adrian

Well it's February 20th and as it's my birthday on 24th, I am wondering if Aeroclassics will finally pull the last of my last Holy Grails out of the bag for me?
Still waiting for a Malev IL-18 in first scheme and maybe a few Viscounts, still a Hawaiian Airlines Viscount is the only US operator not yet made!

Well it's February 20th and as it's my birthday on 24th, I am wondering if Aeroclassics will finally pull the last of my last Holy Grails out of the bag for me?
Still waiting for a Malev IL-18 in first scheme and maybe a few Viscounts, still a Hawaiian Airlines Viscount is the only US operator not yet made!
We both posted a thread within 5 minutes of the other! I'll delete mine. They still haven't made a TAA Viscount in the second orange tail scheme, and I would love to see an MMA Viscount too.

TAA Second Orange Scheme:

0129.028l.jpg

MMA:

0129.213al.jpg

I'll go with my usual wish list (which is slowly getting smaller thankfully)
737-200: Braniff II, Midway, Presidential, United Battleship Gray
727-100: Eastern bare metal thin stripes, United Saul Bass large titles.
727-200: Eastern bare metal thin stripe, FedEx purple top, TWA twin stripes hollow titles.
DC-9-30: Republic "Mary Tyler Moore" scheme.
DC-9-51: Republic "Herman" scheme.

I’m hoping for a North Central DC-9-30 with the gold trim. NC is very underrepresented in 400 scale (and 200 scale for that matter) so hopefully we see something of that caliber this month.

March hints have been posted in 400 Scale Hangar by Andrew himself:

1:200 scale: PI-
1:400 scale: CC- , CF- (x 3) , HB- , N (x 4) , & PH- .

Let the speculations begin!!

I'll go with my usual wish list (which is slowly getting smaller thankfully)
737-200: Braniff II, Midway, Presidential, United Battleship Gray
727-100: Eastern bare metal thin stripes, United Saul Bass large titles.
727-200: Eastern bare metal thin stripe, FedEx purple top, TWA twin stripes hollow titles.
DC-9-30: Republic "Mary Tyler Moore" scheme.
DC-9-51: Republic "Herman" scheme.
What about a Continental DC-9-51 final scheme? They picked up a few from Muse Air...

That would be great. I just bought an old Republic DC-9-32 and it does not look very great. It is from NetModels 2007. A new one from AeroClassics with be very good.
NetModels DC-9's leave a lot to be desired.....the tail is horrible, and the nose gear doors are too large for starters.

As soon as you start talking about Republic, the “Nobody Serves Our Republic like Republic” jingle starts to get stuck in my head. I especially love the 1983 commercial with the animated Herman logo…

Hopefully we do see some Herman models in general in this release, if not in the future. Herman is not well represented in 400 scale and a number of candidates with NC especially and a few with Republic have yet to be made.

March hints have been posted in 400 Scale Hangar by Andrew himself:

1:200 scale: PI-
1:400 scale: CC- , CF- (x 3) , HB- , N (x 4) , & PH- .

Let the speculations begin!!
Hmm. CC= Lan Chile HS-748 or DC-6
HB= Swissair DC-8 in chocolate cheatline scheme
N= Seaboard World DC-8-63; Hawaiian Airlines Viscount
PH = KLM, DC-6 or DC-7,Transavia DC-6 or Martinair DC-7

Last edited: