Aeroclassics March 2023 speculations

Blimey a Swissair DC-10 in ‘70s o/c, wouldn’t have seen that one coming. The other version is impossible to find, so will definitely be getting this one. Not sure about the Widget 732, the mistake is a bummer and I already have an SMA version, albeit with a silver painted belly.

Blimey a Swissair DC-10 in ‘70s o/c, wouldn’t have seen that one coming. The other version is impossible to find, so will definitely be getting this one. Not sure about the Widget 732, the mistake is a bummer and I already have an SMA version, albeit with a silver painted belly.
Yeah picked up the SR DC10 as well and didn’t get the DL 732 because of that nose mistake.

That DC10 seems to have worn that scheme from 79 to mid 1982

That Lan Chile A340 scheme is quiet unique since only Herpa made one. I’m surprised Phoenix hasn’t made this one. Alas it’s outside my collecting criteria.

Sure is, obviousely they were sent back to receive black radomes at least. When first pictures of them leaked exactly three months ago they were all blue..
Oh yes, that’s right. Some were actually listed on Squatchy’s Diecast at the time, and sold out immediately - that leaked batch would’ve had the all-blue noses

Remember when the photos leaked in a Dec, and this was the official AC response?!

Attachments

• A1C08465-3B18-4C26-81AA-B0798E2F9DAF.jpeg
    A1C08465-3B18-4C26-81AA-B0798E2F9DAF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
Sure is, obviousely they were sent back to receive black radomes at least. When first pictures of them leaked exactly three months ago they were all blue..
I also noticed this!
Andrew should have sent them back another time to be corrected with full black nose!
Indeed. Too much to ask I suppose...

Remember when the photos leaked in a Dec, and this was the official AC response?!

Textbook AK behavior right there... 🥱 🥱
NGL a bit of boring month in my opinion

Yeah... Aeroclassics continues to be one of the most prominent brands in my collection, but mainly due to old releases that I hunt down. I haven't bothered to order a new release from them in a few months now. If I find myself with some extra cash (unlikely) I might go for the Lan Chile A340 if it is still in stores when that happens (also unlikely).

Andrew has been very generous to Venezuela, having released about 90% of all the Venezuelan models in 1:400, but it's still a very underlooked country compared to other countries of similar relevance (I'm starting to think AK must have had a Peruvian girlfriend at some point). Plenty of YV stuff to be released on AC molds, and if history serves as evidence, they will likely sell well. 🤷‍♂️

Don't understand the A333 KLM re-release. Not to get me wrong, the A330 is a favourite aircraft of mine, and even more so in KLM colours - but they literally just released one (still available in stores) in the exact same scheme - just a reg change. There are many other re-releases for AC to do if that's what they're fine doing now - especially with the earlier releases - which are more legitimate imo for AC considering they're the only one to have an excellent mould for those types.

Don't understand the A333 KLM re-release. Not to get me wrong, the A330 is a favourite aircraft of mine, and even more so in KLM colours - but they literally just released one (still available in stores) in the exact same scheme - just a reg change. There are many other re-releases for AC to do if that's what they're fine doing now - especially with the earlier releases - which are more legitimate imo for AC considering they're the only one to have an excellent mould for those types.
Exactly. Why not re release a KLM DC10 only 1 was ever made! How about some AA A300s etc