Aeroclassics January 2024 Releases

I love shopping at brick-and-mortar stores. It’s way more convenient for me to be able to pick up the box and look at the model I want before buying it. I also am fond of the social interactions with the store owner(s)/employees since we share that common interest. Too bad they aren’t more common in this hobby (the nearest one to me would require a daytrip out of it!).
Dude me too, i’m lucky we have Grayland station, I get my license tomorrow so I hope to start regularly going to pick my GJ releases up and ensure I get a perfect one every time!

It is a shame that there aren’t more, but it’s not a cheap venture to open and keep profitable in this day and age. I get it, but it is so nice to interact daily with folks instead of the once or a few times a year at conventions.
Oh yeah, totally get the limitations. The conventions are pretty much the only major face-to-face interactions I get as of now.

Dude me too, i’m lucky we have Grayland station, I get my license tomorrow so I hope to start regularly going to pick my GJ releases up and ensure I get a perfect one every time!
If you are within driving distance of Grayland then you also have FlyMan Models within reach. Grayland is a pretty cool store to visit.

I've never even heard of them! Seems Aeroclassics is pushing stock more and more towards physical stores and those with a more old-fashioned business model. Arguably they are less competitive I guess and their customers probably less picky (and probably older).
I found out about them about a year ago. Not too long ago I got a 1:72 F-14 from them. They are big on larger-scale stuff. Well-known store here in the U.S.

It is a shame that there aren’t more, but it’s not a cheap venture to open and keep profitable in this day and age. I get it, but it is so nice to interact daily with folks instead of the once or a few times a year at conventions.

I started collecting by going to a store here in Houston (before living here full-time) that sold electric trains and model airplanes (Herpa, Schabak, Woosters...) It was paradise. The store was located in an upscale mall popular among tourists. Seemed like the perfect place for such a store to thrive; a place where people usually went to treat themselves with exclusive items. By 2000 they had moved out, and by 2010 they were gone.

There was also a pilot shop that had a small model section, gone too. Online retail killed them. I also remember it was possible to find a small selection of GeminiJets in your typical hobby shops that also sold plastic kits and RC stuff, but many of those have also disappeared, and the ones still in business no longer carry any diecast airplanes.

I don't think I could find a single 1:400 airplane for sale anywhere in the Houston metroplex today. Unless I go to Nick's house lol (TexanAirplaneStore)

If you are within driving distance of Grayland then you also have FlyMan Models within reach. Grayland is a pretty cool store to visit.

I found out about them about a year ago. Not too long ago I got a 1:72 F-14 from them. They are big on larger-scale stuff. Well-known store here in the U.S.

I started collecting by going to a store here in Houston (before living here full-time) that sold electric trains and model airplanes (Herpa, Schabak, Woosters...) It was paradise. The store was located in an upscale mall popular among tourists. Seemed like the perfect place for such a store to thrive; a place where people usually went to treat themselves with exclusive items. By 2000 they had moved out, and by 2010 they were gone.

There was also a pilot shop that had a small model section, gone too. Online retail killed them. I also remember it was possible to find a small selection of GeminiJets in your typical hobby shops that also sold plastic kits and RC stuff, but many of those have also disappeared, and the ones still in business no longer carry any diecast airplanes.

I don't think I could find a single 1:400 airplane for sale anywhere in the Houston metroplex today. Unless I go to Nick's house lol (TexanAirplaneStore)
I do need to checkout FlyMan too!

There seems to be a resurgence in folks wanting to buy in person, we are busier than ever in both of our businesses. It’s a huge step to operate an actual retail store versus running an online store out of a garage or basement, or whatever. Retail you are tied to the store and everything that comes with it. People aren’t willing to do that anymore, they want a quick and easy escape route if it’s not going the way they anticipated it to. I get it, but we have been doing it for 30+ years now and wouldn’t trade it for anything. Certainly wouldn’t want to work for anyone else again. There is much to be said about seeing someone leave the shop with a smile on their face. Just knowing we have made someone happy, no matter how big or small the sale might be.