Aeroclassics April 2023 Speculations

JJ Skippy

Well folks, we’re starting to close in on the end of March, which means we should be getting a few hints as to what Aeroclassics has in store for us this next release very soon. As always, I’m hoping for some good American-based DC-9s.

My guess is we will see this be released on April 7th.

I'll go with my usual guesses in case there are any N's this month:
727-100: Eastern bare metal thin stripe, United Saul Bass large titles
727-200: Eastern bare metal thin stripe, Federal Express purple top, preferably N217FE, TWA twin stripe hollow titles.
737-200: Braniff II, Midway, Presidential, United battleship gray.
DC-9-30: Republic "Mary Tyler Moore" scheme
DC-9-51: Republic "Herman" scheme
DC-10-10: Federal Express purple top, preferably N68054
DC-10-30: Federal Express purple top, preferably N306FE

PeoplExpress 727-200
TWA 727-200 N64339 The Silver Bullet

Attachments

• 73672_1172671153.jpg
    73672_1172671153.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 8
  • n64339.jpg
    n64339.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Here are my usual hopes for any VH regs:

- Ansett DC-9 All liveries
- TAA DC-9 Twin Cheatline
- TAA Viscount Second Orange Scheme
- MMA Viscount
- Qantas 707 1970s
- TAA, Australian & Qantas A300

I am having a purge on my collection of US deregulation airline models so would welcome more European classics to fill gaps. Pointless posting wish lists until Andrew gives us the reggie hints to give us something to go on.

Well folks, we’re starting to close in on the end of March, which means we should be getting a few hints as to what Aeroclassics has in store for us this next release very soon. As always, I’m hoping for some good American-based DC-9s.

My guess is we will see this be released on April 7th.
I’d like to see anything in the United Saul Bass livery

I am having a purge on my collection of US deregulation airline models so would welcome more European classics to fill gaps. Pointless posting wish lists until Andrew gives us the reggie hints to give us something to go on.
Hopefully the hints will be out soon. From what I heard it’s usually past the 20th of the month when we see them.

This has been a long time coming if true! QC has been shaky with the current factory for a good while now, with an extended period of not having direct access to the site due to the pandemic, adding to the problems. IIRC Andrew has been at the current factory since circa 2012? It's based in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, which was far enough away from the spies/copycat/mould-cloning etc. shennanigans which went on down in Guangdong at the time...so, could the next move be back home to the USA :unsure: Hard to imagine, but with the way things are going, you never know!

...so, could the next move be back home to the USA :unsure: Hard to imagine, but with the way things are going, you never know!
that would really be a welcome step, but given the obvious economic advantages of production in China, it'll be remarkable to be able to do so without increasing retail prices.

that would really be a welcome step, but given the obvious economic advantages of production in China, it'll be remarkable to be able to do so without increasing retail prices.
That's just it, there'd have to be a real shift in the economic status-quo to make it viable, otherwise the production costs/retail prices would certainly increase by quite some margin. I think the trend for moving production to China started in the late 1970s/early 1980s, in the UK famous brands such as Corgi, Meccano/Dinky and Lesney (Matchbox) all went under in 1982 and the brands & tooling all purchased by a large corporation who moved it all out to Macau. It's impossible to see how things could possibly go back to how they were decades ago but it's easy to get nostalgic about it.