16 New Model Samples To Be Announced & On Show at the Amsterdam Fair This Weekend

Finally!!
I never understood what took them that long to do a mould of a type that was even assembled in their domestic market, China.

Awesome news!
I hope they use it for some European charters as well. Aero Lloyd!!!

I honestly never thought I'd see an MD-80 from them, but it makes sense, with the ARJ21 and all... It's got to be better than the GJ version. Hopefully, they do use it. I got all excited with their TU-154 and turns out it was Phoenix who produced what I wanted.

I've been saving the best announcements for new NG samples until the end. The MD-80 series is a type with almost limitless potential for releases in 400 scale and one that has barely been touched by other brands, even historically. It must include the most obvious missing models in the scale (Alitalia oc, SAS oc, Austrian, Finnair, TWA nc, Continental, Delta Ron Allen etc etc etc) so it is wonderful to hear that there will be new samples for both tailcone versions of the long body MD-80 on the Yesterday's Airlines table at the AMS fair. Currently only the JC Wings / Gemini mould is active but it isn't great and is rarely used. I'm super excited about the potential of these new samples.

View attachment 21952
Is it getting hot in here or is it just me? Lol

I thought there would be some widebody 1:200s, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Probably A320 family stuff, which are indeed not exciting at all.

I've been saving the best announcements for new NG samples until the end. The MD-80 series is a type with almost limitless potential for releases in 400 scale and one that has barely been touched by other brands, even historically. It must include the most obvious missing models in the scale (Alitalia oc, SAS oc, Austrian, Finnair, TWA nc, Continental, Delta Ron Allen etc etc etc) so it is wonderful to hear that there will be new samples for both tailcone versions of the long body MD-80 on the Yesterday's Airlines table at the AMS fair. Currently only the JC Wings / Gemini mould is active but it isn't great and is rarely used. I'm super excited about the potential of these new samples.

View attachment 21952
HOLY CRAP, THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!

- AA original appearance (black nose cone), both tail cone types
- Northwest
- Republic
- USAir blue tail
- Continental final colors
- Delta Ron Allen and Colors in Motion (though another Widget could never hurt... as I'm going through my flight scheduling project, IND often had one on the ground from ATL and CVG at the same time).

You’re lucky AK’s banned, or that would cause some serious upset.

In some cases I have to agree, but AC’s diversity is unmatched.
Doesn't matter, AK is rapidly making himself irrelevant both by his attitude towards his customers and anyone who offers constructive criticism on his products, and his refusal to update molds and increase production runs to meet market demand... in a free market, such a situation attracts competition!

The penultimate 400 scale NG Model sample announcement before the Amsterdam Fair is classic NG. One thing they've always been good at is filling out aircraft families with less popular variants and with the MD-80 they gone the whole hog. They've not just produced the standard variants but also the shorter MD-87. The 87 only had a small production run but was common at most major European airports and even had 6 operators in the US. In 400 scale the MD-87 has had only 5 models, 4 of which are Japanese, so once again there's loads of potential I hope to see realised.

NG_MD-87.jpg

The penultimate 400 scale NG Model sample announcement before the Amsterdam Fair is classic NG. One thing they've always been good at is filling out aircraft families with less popular variants and with the MD-80 they gone the whole hog. They've not just produced the standard variants but also the shorter MD-87. The 87 only had a small production run but was common at most major European airports and even had 6 operators in the US. In 400 scale the MD-87 has had only 5 models, 4 of which are Japanese, so once again there's loads of potential I hope to see realised.

View attachment 21968
If they can do that, surely they could do a DC-9-10...

View attachment 21952
YES! Now THIS is what I’m talking about!!! Hopefully NG does good with this mould by releasing what we really, REALLY want.

Good to see NG is filling all gaps in 400 scale, and all at once lol. Let's hope the quality doesn't suffer because of this.
Agreed. Preferably these mould debuts should be spaced out long enough so they can fix any outstanding issues with one mould before moving onto the next. I’d hate for NG’s Mad Dog to suffer similar faults to other existing moulds…

I don’t expect the Mad Dogs to debut anytime soon so I’m not holding my breath immediately for those; I could be wrong though.

View attachment 21952
WOOO HOOOO 🎉🎉🎉

An absolute slam-dunk right here! I honestly wasn't expecting NG to make these molds but I'm thrilled that they in fact are. Hopefully the molds are utilized adequately. Can't wait for all the great liveries. The choices are seemingly endless.

1694713583359.png1694713786000.png
1694713965282.png1694714213261.png
1694714336284.png1694714392474.png
1694714558833.png1694714780730.png
1694714902161.png1694715137155.png

I don’t think I can explain how excited I am for some Delta MD-80s, they used to be my favorite plane when Delta had them!