16 New Model Samples To Be Announced & On Show at the Amsterdam Fair This Weekend

Ok I've kept you guys waiting long enough.

As many of you have already guessed the AMS fair will include the debut of the new NG Models 747 classic but no way near as many samples as I had initially thought. One that will be present is the Boeing 747-200 powered by the General Electric CF6 engines, which was used by a good number of customers such as Air France, All Nippon, Alitalia, KLM, Lufthansa, PIA, Philippines, Thai, UTA and Varig. I know this is one that almost everyone has been waiting for - hopefully it impresses!

Everyone knows that Johan has flogged AK a few thousand BB 747 blanks so it'll be interesting to see how they compare when the AC factory is through with them!

View attachment 21920
YIPEEEEEEEE!

I while ago I came across this interesting read, but by now I could not keep the engines straight. Even the article says how easy it is to mistake the CF6-50 with the JT9d-70A.

It's quite easy to mistake them indeed! The JT9D-70A look a bit bulkier, have longer nacelles and the exhaust cone looks more square, while the CF6-50 is a bit more round overall.

Well, I can't say that was everything I was hoping for. As others have mentioned, NG already have the pratts and rollers from the SP, so that likely explains the single engine type.

I've got my fingers crossed that the remaining samples are a 747-100 and 747-300 to round off the classic lineup.

Well, I can't say that was everything I was hoping for. As others have mentioned, NG already have the pratts and rollers from the SP, so that likely explains the single engine type.

I've got my fingers crossed that the remaining samples are a 747-100 and 747-300 to round off the classic lineup.
Or they will pull out a new MD80 and 727 mould!

Or they will pull out a new MD80 and 727 mould!
Honestly, I don't know if releasing a whole bunch of excellent classic moulds is the best idea. Obviously I'd love to see a 727 or DC-9 from NG, but there is a significant chance that it won't get used as much as we want, which won't make anyone happy.

Personally, I think it would be awful knowing that there are so many excellent models that could be made, but instead the moulds lay dormant, with perhaps 1 or 2 releases every odd month.

Whilst not in my criteria, I can appreciate how happy the 742 is making some collectors, it's a thing of beauty!

I think I'd possibly end up getting a BA landor or a geosky 742 if NG ever decided to make one. It'll be interesting to see what other moulds NG has lined up.

Sorry I meant a biggie in terms of awesomeness
After the 747 announcement? I mean, sure, the 742 doesn't come unexpected.
But what more awesomeness could there be? Something truely classic? A 707-120 or -320/420 would be it. Or a 727-100/200.
An-12 or even -22?

I'd love Concorde. There are a surprising number of schemes (3 AF, 3 BA, BA/SQ, Braniff US regs, Pepsi - plus some good fantasy options) and if they made various nose droop configurations there is potential for 20-30 models easily. But no it isn't Concorde
I hope for other better classics models than a concorde