16 New Model Samples To Be Announced & On Show at the Amsterdam Fair This Weekend

I guess two samples with different engines? Either way, amazing news! Their delays with the 747-8 are forgiven. Hopefully they won't be as expensive as the recent BB mk3 747's (€65 each 😕).
Yeah 65 eur is a lot for a model, and it's getting worse for me because my local currency is crashing lately :(
Buying new models became even more expensive for me...

I'm willing to pay NG prices because I know I will get a good quality model, but like I said in my previous post it became more difficult for me to buy models

Continuing the announcement of new NG Models mould samples to be on show at the Yesterday's Airlines table at the Amsterdam Fair this weekend. I have checked the tracking of the parcel and can confirm it is making excellent progress so I'm feeling confident they should arrive in time.

New samples 5 and 6 fill the gaps in the 737 MAX family in 400 scale with both the MAX-7 and MAX-10. To date there have been no versions of either of these, yet to be delivered, variants in the scale but I'm sure that won't be the case in a few years time. Stay tuned for the first 200 scale mould samples announcements in a few hours.

And yes I may be being slightly cheeky with the order of these announcements!

View attachment 21904
Great to see! It was only a matter of time before we got these molds in 1/400 scale. I wonder if NG will do the Boeing House livery as their first release, followed by a Southwest Max 7. I have a hunch that we'll see a United 737 Max 10 as one of the first Max 10 releases since United will be the launch customer for the Max 10.

1694630769422.png
1694630955582.png

I'd much rather get one good, expensive model I really want than a ton of mediocre stuff; it's why I've been (barely) holding off on getting any of the existing 747s.

Of course having a narrow criteria does help with saving money... Out of the 742s on my wishlist, only Cathay and Pan Am have any chance of being made in the near future. Singapore and KAL probably around 2040, if ever.

I'd have preferred the JT9Ds or RB211s, but this is excellent news nonetheless. Folks will either be very pleased or very pissed... hopefully the former.
The already have the parts. This is a sample but having already made the parts for the SP, it should be easy to adapt it to the -200

YESSS! 747 Classics!
B747-200 with GE engines is a great start. Plenty of possibilities!

Absolutely fantastic news, and i'm pretty sure that the other engine variants will be done down the road. They already have the engine moulds, since they were used on the 747SP models.

I wish NG could sell blanks just like JC! I'd love to use NG moulds for custom projects :cool:

YESSS! 747 Classics!
B747-200 with GE engines is a great start. Plenty of possibilities!

Absolutely fantastic news, and i'm pretty sure that the other engine variants will be done down the road. They already have the engine moulds, since they were used on the 747SP models.

I wish NG could sell blanks just like JC! I'd love to use NG moulds for custom projects :cool:
Yes it would be amazing,

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but I am not as excited as I thought I would be with the 747-200 announcement. I have no doubt it will be a good mold overall, but I have reservations because the front of the airplane is really important to me, and NG has shown that as good as they are, they can be lacking in that area. Unfortunately, their 747 SP and 748s have room for improvement in that area. I am really hoping we will all be gladly surprised with an updated 748 mold, and concurrently a top-notch, "NG quality" 742!

I think as long as it is better than the Phoenix offering (which isn't too hard to achieve) and they use it without reservations (like JC and GJ do) we will be alright!

How about this?

1694628153598.png

For that Seaboard World, we'll have to wait and see if NG will make a JT9D-70A engine. Hopefully yes!

Even though NG is into details, I'd be highly surprised if they'd actually do these.
I'd love to see this, but would also be ok with a Seaboard prior to re-engining.

Even though NG is into details, I'd be highly surprised if they'd actually do these.
I'd love to see this, but would also be ok with a Seaboard prior to re-engining.

Knowing that NG did some early versions of the RB211 for the Tristar and 757, I could see them developing a JT9D-70A. However, the usage would be quite limited. Seaboard, SAS, maybe some Cargolux release... hmmm not much to see.

For that Seaboard World, we'll have to wait and see if NG will make a JT9D-70A engine. Hopefully yes!
And you are right. The nacelles look so similar to me at a glance 😂 goes to show you how much I care about those details. Just get the nose right and I’ll be happy.

And you are right. The nacelles look so similar to me at a glance 😂 goes to show you how much I care about those details. Just get the nose right and I’ll be happy.
Well, I'm in for the mould detail, overlooked the Viasa titles.:LOL: