1:400 SFO International Terminal Project

Started testing out some ideas for the foils. For this method, I took snippets from Google Earth, then did the overlaying on top with Google Drawings (apron weathering will be done with pastels and pencil later). Any thoughts?Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 6.44.05 PM.png

I just discovered this thread and love seeing the progress this airport is making! It is really cool seeing your building technique with what I assume are printed paper/cardstock put together with with tape. It is a great and affordable solution to terminal building! How did you do the printed designs?

Thank you so much! So I design the prints and designs with Google Drawings. A lot of it is just guessing and eyeballing, but I usually use the measure tool on Google Earth to get everything right. I then print it all out and paste onto watercolor paper, which has more weight than most cardstocks I’ve seen. I do the same with foils, since I find it a lot easier than making the foils with paint pens.

For the longest time I was considering making the ATC Tower at SFO, but given my *sub-par* skills with CAD, i'm looking at other non-3d printing options. Any suggestions?

1671682663720.png

If you'd like I can take a look at what would be involved for me to model and 3d print it. It looks like it could be fun.

Late Post but Merry Christmas and a Happy Boxing Day! After the Christmas celebration rush, I managed to get some work in on the office structures behind the main International Hall. In terms of physical structures, I’ll be acquiring more jetbridges and start work on the parking garages, the Bart station, and possibly the SFO Airport Grand Hyatt 😉50B97D05-65B2-48B9-9355-4A818035A3DF.jpegEA6F40BE-55C5-43B4-B634-3820FBB826DC.jpeg17DF3713-2225-46FC-BCA4-A62EC36D9531.jpeg

Thank you so much! So I design the prints and designs with Google Drawings. A lot of it is just guessing and eyeballing, but I usually use the measure tool on Google Earth to get everything right. I then print it all out and paste onto watercolor paper, which has more weight than most cardstocks I’ve seen. I do the same with foils, since I find it a lot easier than making the foils with paint pens.
Oh that is a very unique building method. It seems to work out really well too, and looks very good, particularly for a budget. Painting gate parkings with a paint pen is very difficult, and thus one of the reasons I like to commission Layover Layouts to custom make mats for me. It is very expensive but worthy it to me.

Sitrep for 2023: Just finished the foils for Terminal A, and will be working on Terminal G for the next week or two and the Airport Access Roads following that! Would anyone else have some recommendations for jetbridges and GSE? I've considered buying the ones from GJ, but the jetbridges alone will add up to well over $200. I have come across GSE and jetbridge designs from Paris Model Airport, but if any of you guys have any recommendations, i'd greatly appreciate them :)
Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 9.45.02 PM.png

Sitrep for 2023: Just finished the foils for Terminal A, and will be working on Terminal G for the next week or two and the Airport Access Roads following that! Would anyone else have some recommendations for jetbridges and GSE? I've considered buying the ones from GJ, but the jetbridges alone will add up to well over $200. I have come across GSE and jetbridge designs from Paris Model Airport, but if any of you guys have any recommendations, i'd greatly appreciate them :)
View attachment 11013
@danwashere does some 3D printed Jetways and GSE I’m sure he could work something out

I make 3d printed jet bridges. How many did you need? I typically sell them for 10 for $40, but depending how many you need, I'm sure we can work something out.