1:400 Retro Manchester Airport

Hi all,

Here is my project of a retro version of Manchester Airport, set around 2003. The airport is hopefully going to be quite realistic with airlines that you would have seen there, however the terminal layouts aren't quite as they would have been. (As this layout is actually from my Honolulu airport, more on that in the next few weeks.)

I look forward to reading your comments to see what you all think and any improvements.IMG_20220930_205253[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220930_205445[1].jpg
    IMG_20220930_205445[1].jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220930_205542[1].jpg
    IMG_20220930_205542[1].jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 28
Man, talk about cranking it back! I LOVE the Air 2000 757 and MyTravel A330s, I had the Air 2000 and remember seeing the MyTravels in YouTube videos from Ben Powell! Outstanding!
Thanks so much. It's still a work in progress but coming together now, this was just a demo shoot. I have plenty more models to include. I'm hoping someone like NG might make a My Travel 757 in the not to distant future.
I would also love to add the NG 757's of First Choice and Airtours if I could find them anywhere.

This takes me back. I do miss MyTravel. I also did an airport based on Manchester Terminal 2 and the remote stands some years ago. The settings was later than this but still, it gives you that flashback of what once was.
Thanks, that's the plan, back to the good old days. Me too, I wish when they merged with Thomas Cook that the My Travel name and livery were kept instead. That sounds awesome, would love to see some photos if you have any.

Hi all,

Here is my project of a retro version of Manchester Airport, set around 2003. The airport is hopefully going to be quite realistic with airlines that you would have seen there, however the terminal layouts aren't quite as they would have been. (As this layout is actually from my Honolulu airport, more on that in the next few weeks.)

I look forward to reading your comments to see what you all think and any improvements.View attachment 1644
Very nice, excited to see where this goes!

NG, please!!!
We can hope.
Looking great, please keep us updated with the progress.
Thanks, I will do. Hopefully have an update soon.
WOW! That airport looks amazing!
Thanks so much.
Very nice, excited to see where this goes!
Thanks, me too.
I LOVE seeing these retro airport. Such a nice change from rows of eurowhite planes. Keep this up, we need more retro airports!
Thanks, I've always preferred the older airlines and liveries, hence why 90% of my collection is retro. Thanks, hoping to have a retro STL airport out soon. Bet everyone can guess which airline that will involve ;)

We can hope.

Thanks, I will do. Hopefully have an update soon.

Thanks so much.

Thanks, me too.

Thanks, I've always preferred the older airlines and liveries, hence why 90% of my collection is retro. Thanks, hoping to have a retro STL airport out soon. Bet everyone can guess which airline that will involve ;)
Yes, STL would be great. I'll go out on a limb and guess TWA.