Your thoughts on AeroClassics

I sincerely appreciate the feedback and comments from all but one. I know most don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but as difficult it is to produce a quality model, it is even more difficult when you have zero access to your production line for the past 3 years due to the pandemic, which originated in the same country, and which continues to suffer under a barbaric government, locking tens of millions down at a time to achieve a goal which is scientifically and biologically impossible!!
This year alone, we have recalled or rejected outright, close to a dozen models, which is not economically sustainable, but we continue to try our best. The predominantly positive comments make me conclude that we are more or less succeeding, and we thank you all for your continued support. I hope in 2023, we will bring more great models to the hobby!!

I sincerely appreciate the feedback and comments from all but one. I know most don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but as difficult it is to produce a quality model, it is even more difficult when you have zero access to your production line for the past 3 years due to the pandemic, which originated in the same country, and which continues to suffer under a barbaric government, locking tens of millions down at a time to achieve a goal which is scientifically and biologically impossible!!
This year alone, we have recalled or rejected outright, close to a dozen models, which is not economically sustainable, but we continue to try our best. The predominantly positive comments make me conclude that we are more or less succeeding, and we thank you all for your continued support. I hope in 2023, we will bring more great models to the hobby!!
Andrew, thank you so much for all that you do. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to have no access to the factory to even check on QC issues. I'm looking forward to more great Aeroclassics releases.

I’m a great AeroClassics fan. I can really understand the frustration in the current situation. I’m now retired but in my past work I have been in charge of the production in China. Now, not beeing able to visit/check/QC production I can imagine it is a disaster. During my 25 years of visiting production lines at different factories, there was always issues that could have been costly or could ruin a new product. If in charge, you just have to be there. Keep them coming AK👍🏻

Ever since my interest in retro aviation kicked off, Aeroclassics has been the one I’ve turned to most frequently. Sure, others have done the same, and while some may view Aeroclassics’ models as not the best out there, sometimes they might be the only option for a particular model or set of models based off region, era, or type. It’s kind of like Gemini Jets and them doing regional jets; they’re the only ones who have the moulds for CRJs and ERJs and similar types that can do it and are willing to, as demonstrated by their previous releases. As for Aeroclassics, I’m glad they’re doing stuff like Ozark DC-9s and Continental 737-200s; it will prove vital in my retro collecting.

Though I only own 1 aero classics so far I do have thoughts about it. I'd say they're a pretty good brand because unlike everyone else doing mainly modern aircraft aero classics had focused on an area that isn't always about the 787 or A350. For aerials though most people complain about their aircraft lacking that stuff I personally don't mind as it means its easier to clean when there is dust on it and its a very tiny feature I usually don't notice from a distance anyway. So far I haven't noticed any faults on my only aero classics though that could change once I do my close up inspection on it since I've done it to almost all my aircraft so far.

Though I only own 1 aero classics so far I do have thoughts about it. I'd say they're a pretty good brand because unlike everyone else doing mainly modern aircraft aero classics had focused on an area that isn't always about the 787 or A350. For aerials though most people complain about their aircraft lacking that stuff I personally don't mind as it means its easier to clean when there is dust on it and its a very tiny feature I usually don't notice from a distance anyway. So far I haven't noticed any faults on my only aero classics though that could change once I do my close up inspection on it since I've done it to almost all my aircraft so far.
Since you only have one, I hope it's on a pedestal or one of those mini turntables!! Enjoy!!

Since you only have one, I hope it's on a pedestal or one of those mini turntables!! Enjoy!!
Maybe on a tissue box! Or I can make a portrait of the DC9 then put it up somewhere like what I did to my first 2 models I got. Also thanks! They are definitely a lot better than the Gemini MD88's I got with the funky nose. Hoping to get more DC9's in the future as they are some very pretty planes. Especially if it was a US Air, TWA, Northwest or Delta DC9. Maybe more retro Delta liveries on any plane would look amazing!

Many fair comments on this thread. People who have aeroclassics love them at their just value.

They're usually better finished than other models, they don't have more flaws than other brands.

It usually costs more to produce smaller models, particularly propellers aircrafts.

I do find that people who judge from pictures should avoid commenting.

Last edited:
Many fair comments on this thread. People who have aeroclassics myself love them at their just value.

They're usually better finished than other models, they don't have more flaws than other brands.

It usually cost more to produce smaller models, particularly propellers aircrafts.

I do find that people who judge from pictures should avoid commenting.
I agree on this. Usually if I’m to go off pictures to determine if I want a model or not, I usually try to go off a larger sample size so I have a better idea of how consistent something like the color is, if lighting is similar across multiple photos. However, getting the model yourself is the best way to get a proper assessment on anything, especially the color.

We are paying (sometimes we're paying too much) for these models... after all, it's our beloved hobby. While we must appreciate that Aeroclassics (and every other brand) releases models periodically, we also must discuss about their qualities and flaws aswell.

Other brands have their pros and cons, Aeroclassics have their pros and cons, and life goes on. Some errors might be annoying and avoidable, so it's important to discuss them because sometimes manufacturers can be aware of them and try to improve.