Why just why?

1/400collector

Saw this listing on ebay and i had to share with you how ridiculous it is.

it's already at 450 USD that's like 1720 NIS!!! and it still has almost a week!!! I know it's a nice livery but WTF it ain't even that rare and with NG 747s just around the corner i didn't expext a model to go to such a high price especially this model.

Saw this listing on ebay and i had to share with you how ridiculous it is.

it's already at 450 USD that's like 1720 NIS!!! and it still has almost a week!!! I know it's a nice livery but WTF it ain't even that rare and with NG 747s just around the corner i didn't expext a model to go to such a high price especially this model.
Ludicrous, but expect to see more of this as collectors get rid of their old, crappy 747s in preparation for the NGs.

I can imagine a few collectors have been trying to get this set. Just because someone comes out with a new "mold"; a lot of us don't go out and replace our collection. NG 707? where is it?

Reactions: PRM
Definitely pricey, but I wouldn't expect this fuss about this particular auction. Aeroclassics twin packs with GSE are "cool" and "rare." Can't really shop around for them. Both their 707 and 747 are good molds. The price I'm seeing right now is 370 Pounds/450 USD. I have seen single Aeroclassics BigBird 747s go for as much, or more, plenty of times. Looks like the bid started at 29 Pounds, so it is a case of bidders doing it to themselves and not some greedy fellow listing it for a little fortune. Of course, there is always a chance of shill bidding.

But I am with you, paying hundreds of Dollars for 1:400 scale models has never made financial sense to me. Even worse, it does get in the way of healthy collecting. But such is life, carry on.

I don't think many people are going to sell their old Big Bird/Aeroclassics 747 and replace them with NG
despite the fact that the classics will still need to take prob 1-1.5 years to enter the market, it's basically just telling collectors who have yet to own those highly priced 747s to be a bit patient and they dont need to spend the extra money. other than that no much influence on those who already holding the BB/AC 747s, unless they were looking for a profit.

despite the fact that the classics will still need to take prob 1-1.5 years to enter the market, it's basically just telling collectors who have yet to own those highly priced 747s to be a bit patient and they dont need to spend the extra money. other than that no much influence on those who already holding the BB/AC 747s, unless they were looking for a profit.
for the majority of classic collectors, I think they will keep the AC and buy the NG. Because there's no such thing as too many classic 747s. I like it even more when manufacturers make different regs from each other instead of complete duplicates, they are complementary goods!

for the majority of classic collectors, I think they will keep the AC and buy the NG. Because there's no such thing as too many classic 747s. I like it even more when manufacturers make different regs from each other instead of complete duplicates, they are complementary goods!
yeah,
I won't sell my EL AL 742 even if NG was to make them

Touché!

------------------

Also, unless I missed something, the last time I checked we have no assurance whatsoever that NG is going to come up with a better 747-200 mold than any of those already available.

I bet you could pack a Phoenix 747 in an NG box and people would say that it is the best 747 in the market 🤪

Touché!

------------------

Also, unless I missed something, the last time I checked we have no assurance whatsoever that NG is going to come up with a better 747-200 mold than any of those already available.

I bet you could pack a Phoenix 747 in an NG box and people would say that it is the best 747 in the market 🤪
Come on man have some respect for us we ain't that stupid we would just say it's way better than the Phoenix mould.

I don't think this is an issue related to the 747 mould, more like some random typical eBay post that begs for $$. You can easily find Phoenix 747 in the same price range. I also noticed a bunch of cheap AC/BB 747 ($30~50) in the past few months. As long as you keep close eyes on those you should always be able to grab it within normal price range, or, better off just wait for NG, although that's more like 2 years out.

I don't think this is an issue related to the 747 mould, more like some random typical eBay post that begs for $$. You can easily find Phoenix 747 in the same price range. I also noticed a bunch of cheap AC/BB 747 ($30~50) in the past few months. As long as you keep close eyes on those you should always be able to grab it within normal price range, or, better off just wait for NG, although that's more like 2 years out.
I don't have 2 more years left to wait it's been already 3 years
and even when the mould is finally released (hopefully in the next 6 months) with our luck it will be used once a month

I don't have 2 more years left to wait it's been already 3 years
and even when the mould is finally released (hopefully in the next 6 months) with our luck it will be used once a month
As they say, patience is a virtue. I’m willing to wait a few years for these 747s if it means I can get them at more affordable prices than their BigBird counterparts.

Patience is the key I had bought the AC EL AL 742 six pack this may for 50 USD each something I never thought would happen.
But I don't have years to wait for a mould