Why JC just why?

1/400collector

Why doesn't JC wings uses the BB400 747 mould? I think that at this point we all know that JC have complete control over that mould and that brand so there's the question why don't they use it can clearly make them some really nice money as they can see with the recent Air India 747 released under the BB400 brand , i think that one of the reasons is that a couple of years ago when they return BB400 as Mk3 they didn't really make that many good models because they didn't lessened to what people wanted until the end so the attempt wasn't successful but now if they will lessen to what people what they could profit very nicely.

JC is a company who has one of the best molds but is run by by people with very less logical reasoning. It has no proper release schedule and the worst part is that they take the collectors for granted. With NG being in the field JC has started to feel the intense competition. As u see the A380 flood by JC id due to AV400 A380s hitting the market soon. Same will be with the 747s as they a new mold coming from a competitor they will flood the market with every possible 747s. This is how JC plays.

JC is a company who has one of the best molds but is run by by people with very less logical reasoning. It has no proper release schedule and the worst part is that they take the collectors for granted. With NG being in the field JC has started to feel the intense competition. As u see the A380 flood by JC id due to AV400 A380s hitting the market soon. Same will be with the 747s as they a new mold coming from a competitor they will flood the market with every possible 747s. This is how JC plays.
They may try to flood the market, but it won't work if they don't get them released.

I think it's a shame that Gemini jets don't use there 747-100/200 mould more often
But they will probably won't really make the models that i really want to see they will probably make AA747 and Cp Air 747 and more North American airlines

So that's mean that our only hope really is NG models
No JC will release 747s just before it sees the the competitor ready with the mould. Like u saw lots of L1011 just before NG was releasing theirs. So if we see NG announcement for 747s, then u will see a flood of 747s from JC. Like they have done with all the possible A380s before AV400 A380 is coming out. I guess that is the strategy of JC. Richard will be able to say more on this.

The owner of JC Wings is a member of MAF. You can find him and ask him if your dying to know why the choice of mold, but it is a fact that Air India models always sell out and fast! Some of the biggest sellers will always be Cathay Pacific, Singapore, Thai and Air India. All 747 operators at one point so maybe with future releases you can get you BB400 mold.

The owner of JC Wings is a member of MAF. You can find him and ask him if your dying to know why the choice of mold, but it is a fact that Air India models always sell out and fast! Some of the biggest sellers will always be Cathay Pacific, Singapore, Thai and Air India. All 747 operators at one point so maybe with future releases you can get you BB400 mold.
U mean to say Johan Chan is present in MAF.

What is his member name? Hes gat some expelling to do about BB400

Hopefully NG enters the 1:200 widebody market. It's annoying how JC/GJ doesn't bother fixing errors pointed out by collectors, particularly the cockpit windshields on some of their 777s and 747s. Inflight suffers from the same issue, just with worse moulds and QC. Kinda ironic because their Tristar is so amazing.

Last edited:
Why doesn't JC wings uses the BB400 747 mould? I think that at this point we all know that JC have complete control over that mould and that brand so there's the question why don't they use it can clearly make them some really nice money as they can see with the recent Air India 747 released under the BB400 brand , i think that one of the reasons is that a couple of years ago when they return BB400 as Mk3 they didn't really make that many good models because they didn't lessened to what people wanted until the end so the attempt wasn't successful but now if they will lessen to what people what they could profit very nicely.
As far as I'm aware, the BB400 747 mould is in some form of limbo. The word on the street is that it's not fully owned by JC themselves thus they can't carelessly use it to produce releases themselves. Aside from that, JC has a new 747-400 mould themselves that really gives the BB400 mould a run for its money, but JC seems to be limited by what they can produce on this due to the licencing agreements between them and GeminiJets.

As far as I'm aware, the BB400 747 mould is in some form of limbo. The word on the street is that it's not fully owned by JC themselves thus they can't carelessly use it to produce releases themselves. Aside from that, JC has a new 747-400 mould themselves that really gives the BB400 mould a run for its money, but JC seems to be limited by what they can produce on this due to the licencing agreements between them and GeminiJets.

You are 100% correct on both counts. They don't fully control the older BB moulds and have the new 747 mould anyway but until they dump Gemini they will never be able to use it properly.

I think it's a shame that Gemini jets don't use there 747-100/200 mould more often
But they will probably won't really make the models that i really want to see they will probably make AA747 and Cp Air 747 and more North American airlines

We discussed this very topic not long ago on another thread. It is worth bringing it up again in this dedicated thread though. Gemini did release an AA 747-100, I am lucky to have come across one back when it was released, without really being well-versed in the hobby. I think that every iconic 747 is worthy of a re-release though...

When JC acquired all the moulds that were in the factory that was closed down by the Chinese Government, he ended up with far more moulds than it was commercially viable to produce models from. Hence a lot have been stored and probably forgotten about, while they pump out lots of Airbuses and Boeings that they think they can sell.