WHAT?WHY?HOW?

1/400collector

I have just seen this item that was sold on ebay for 1500 dollars

i have no idea what happened here was it a bot going crazy but that still means it had to fight with some one else to that price

That is certainly a new record!

I love the Big Bird 747, but the prices these things require nowadays shows how badly the 1:400 scale requires a good new 747 mould in active production.

NG's classics and -8 couldn't come sooner. Their 747SP is stellar, so my expectations are high.

Last edited:
I could honestly buy something like 40 models with that much money... Very impressive. Congrats to the winner of the auction I guess!

The winning bidder has 46% of all their bid activity on ebay going to that seller...The other 2 bidders who fought all the way to the top have 100% of their bid activity on ebay going to that seller...definitely shill bidding activity here and a BS auction result. No way that has actually sold for this amount to a genuine buyer.

The winning bidder has 46% of all their bid activity on ebay going to that seller...The other 2 bidders who fought all the way to the top have 100% of their bid activity on ebay going to that seller...definitely shill bidding activity here and a BS auction result. No way that has actually sold for this amount to a genuine buyer.
I had a feeling that there was something shady going on. Just another reason why I don't use eBay

I had a feeling that there was something shady going on. Just another reason why I don't use eBay

I can't argue with staying away from eBay. I have to say that one has the be smart about it, but not all is bad. I had three great experiences with eBay over the past month.

I can't argue with staying away from eBay. I have to say that one has the be smart about it, but not all is bad. I had three great experiences with eBay over the past month.
I agree with you completely. As long as you are smart with what you do, eBay is a great place to find rare models, even if they are not for the cheapest price. I have had too many good experiences to count on eBay, but also my fair share of bad ones. Overall, eBay is an important asset for this hobby and does provide a great place to buy and sell models, as long as you are smart about it and apply common sense to a buying/bidding situation. :)

I agree with you completely. As long as you are smart with what you do, eBay is a great place to find rare models, even if they are not for the cheapest price. I have had too many good experiences to count on eBay, but also my fair share of bad ones. Overall, eBay is an important asset for this hobby and does provide a great place to buy and sell models, as long as you are smart about it and apply common sense to a buying/bidding situation. :)

It doesn't happen too often, but on many occasions I have been the sole bidder on a rare model that is listed for around the original retail price (sometimes less) 🥳. Again, it doesn't happen too often.

It doesn't happen too often, but on many occasions I have been the sole bidder on a rare model that is listed for around the original retail price (sometimes less) 🥳. Again, it doesn't happen too often.
Undeniably one of the greatest feelings... I had this happen to me on the NG Qantas 787 '100 Years'. It was listed for just $90AUD (Very cheap!) and I put a bid in for $95 and won! I was blown away to get such a hard-to-find (In Australia) and beautiful model. I am sure this is nothing compared to what other people on here have found though!