What is your longest wait for a Model?

OscarBravo992

Hi All! Just wondering what everyone's longest wait for a model is to date. I'll start:
Mine is from February, the JC Wings Qatar 777-300ER retro A7-BAC. I have decided that if it doesn't come before the end of the year, I will cancel my order and get a refund.

1666424187322.png

JC is unfortunately known for its notorious routine where half of the new releases arrive to retailers within a month and it takes years for the rest. I'm not sure when that was announced but I have to infer it was on the latter category.

My longest wait was for about 4 months when Covid restrictions were hindering international shipping from the UK.

Hi All! Just wondering what everyone's longest wait for a model is to date. I'll start:
Mine is from February, the JC Wings Qatar 777-300ER retro A7-BAC. I have decided that if it doesn't come before the end of the year, I will cancel my order and get a refund.

View attachment 2523
Great question! I think for me it was the Qatar A350-1000 from Aviation400, took a little over a year to arrive. Would consider swapping for the NG version for sure if you are interested. What a pretty plane!

Great question! I think for me it was the Qatar A350-1000 from Aviation400, took a little over a year to arrive. Would consider swapping for the NG version for sure if you are interested. What a pretty plane!
Thank you for the offer, but I already have the NG Qatar 777 on order to replace this one, but thank you anyway

Yes it got it at the end. Got to say the best a320 nose I have had yet. But with nine months I could have my own out of foam
That's a terrible experience and it reflects badly on the retailer. Glad you were happy with the model though, even after the wait!

Eight months. Retailer was able to ship it out in December 2021 and didn't ship it until late July/early August 2022, and I didn't receive it until the middle of August.
Edit: This does not include the 5 months it took to release and the 3 months it took for the retailer to get replacement boxes after they were ruined in shipping

Last edited:
I think the longest I waited was a few months in late 2021 for an order from another retailer who was beginning to have problems. Noting too interesting compared to those who may have preorders for JC or AV400.

Longest wait for a model that doesn’t exist? Well you can put that on the Delta E175, I think I’ve waited about a year and half for it to be released.

I usually wait 6 months to 2 years for my JC Wings models. I am very patient and know what I am doing when waiting this long. Usually when placing orders for releases I know will take long and be popular I place my order with EZ Toys in San Diego. The team there is great and don’t require deposit or payment until they receive the item.

Inflight200 has had a few models that have taken years to show up, and still waiting for some announced 3 years ago iirc
Wow... I don't know much about Inflight200, but that's bad... Are they a bit like the JC of 1:200?
I think the longest I waited was a few months in late 2021 for an order from another retailer who was beginning to have problems. Noting too interesting compared to those who may have preorders for JC or AV400.

Longest wait for a model that doesn’t exist? Well you can put that on the Delta E175, I think I’ve waited about a year and half for it to be released.
Oh yes... We need the E175, it would sell like hotcakes, but GJ just seems to have turned a blind eye to the problem.

6 months. But keep in mind it was not a Pre-Order.
The model was shipped, and it took 6 months to finally arrive.

Can't really remember the model, but it was back when I used to collect 1:500 instead of 1:400.

Horror stories like these are the reason I rarely preorder anything. I remember waiting 6+ months for Aviation400's Delta A350 and Panda's Aeroflot Tu134. The more recent AA 77W didn't exactly hit the shelves right after Phoenix announced the release either.