What’s your most broken model?

Merimbula15

Hi! What do you think is your most damaged and/or out of proportion 1:400 model/models?
For me
First, a Spirit A320-200 with chipped of paint behind its right wing
E92050A8-98B8-464A-A955-094149E754BF.jpeg

Second, a QantasLink Dash-8 Q400, with on missing rear stabilizer, that I still haven’t found XD!
22046B9B-A8B6-4FB1-9F60-EA0897E3BA09.jpeg

Third, A Herpa Icelandair 757-200 with no landing gear, now it just sits on a stand
F19F9FFC-4DEA-4937-A1F6-FA744E44E693.jpeg

Last but not least, a GJ Volaris A321neo that arrived completely broken, not one pice was intact to the fuselage
2FD3278F-F590-47FB-9B75-1E1E487BE5B8.jpeg

Of the models I've received that were not intact, everything was still in the cradle (with one exception) and I've been able to easily repair all of them myself. There's been no paint chips/scratches. With a total of 413 models, I feel incredibly lucky.

My most broken was a Volaris A321neo. Bought as a scratch and dent from another store and it arrived with a snapped nose gear, left wing detached, both engines detached, and left horizontal stabilizer detached. It’s been fixed but I don’t bother moving it due to the nose gear situation.

I have been very lucky with models so-far, no broken or damaged ones. This is probably because I don't order online, for that exact reason, especially with GJ.

My most broken model was the Gemini AA A332. I do have to note this is most definitely not a QC slip on Gemini's end because I bought it from a Waffle collection sale. Judging by the state of the packaging the previous owner didn't take the best care of this model.

Attachments

• IMG_2100.JPG
    IMG_2100.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
My most broken model was the Gemini AA A332. I do have to note this is most definitely not a QC slip on Gemini's end because I bought it from a Waffle collection sale. Judging by the state of the packaging the previous owner didn't take the best care of this model.
Yikes! That is a real shame. Have you been able to fix it?

I consciously bought a zinc rotted Varig 737 (with a blank SMA 737 as part of the deal) and transformed it into a crash diorama of the ill-fated 254 (alongside a write up). It was a pretty interesting opportunity to learn about milk run operations in Brazil and the challenges of navigation, even through the late 1980s.

Other than that, I have two Pan Am L-049s - one was bought for parts to replace the other, damaged in a drop (and my those Dragon plastic props are fragile).

Attachments

• varig 254 diorama.png
    varig 254 diorama.png
    400.8 KB · Views: 16
The engine is still a bit wonky but I was able to deal with the wings promptly and getting rid of some of that wing flex in the process.
That is for sure a positive outcome. I have seen pictures of that model with the base of the wingtip above the fuselage, so it is good that you were able to fix some of it.

We would be here for a while if I pulled all my broken models out, but perhaps it would be worth it to see how many laughs we would get!

Luckily, I have not reveived any broken model however I do have a GJ British Airways 747-400 Negus livery with one of the engines pointing slightly upwards. Also have a GJ UPS 747-400F with a missing main landing gear door but it is a very minor detail that I never really notice.