What’s a model you have wanted for a long time but still can’t find this goes for models that have been released but you weren’t able to buy!

I've been very fortunate as far as models that I want that have already been released goes. As far as waiting for them to be made, it would probably have to be a TWA MD-80 in twin stripes scheme.

The 762 hasn’t been released, so hopefully we won’t miss out on it. Now we need AC to give us something good like in the old days.

It is very nice, dated, but good. There are not bad 767-300 molds in 1:400 scale, they are all old, but all pretty decent.

Thanks for the second opinion. I had read Richard’s review but I do like to have a couple of other sources with first-hand experience.

Thanks for the second opinion. I had read Richard’s review but I do like to have a couple of other sources with first-hand experience.

Not a problem, I have examples of all of them here, Dragon is the worse and even then is not bad. The BigBird ones are sought after, not only is a nice mold, but they (BigBird and Aeroclassics) also produced a nice collection of iconic classic liveries, oh and the printing tends to be solid. I recently compared a very old Aeroclassics (BigBird mold) with a current JC Wings (the updated GJ mold) here.

I am currently looking for Cathay Pacific A330-300 in the standard 1994 "Brushwing" livery - in STANDARD version only.
Annoyingly the lastest release of this aircraft-livery combo were a pair of 2017 Panda with either "Monitoring for Climate Change" sticker (B-HLR) or the logo for the 10th Anniversary of soverignty handover (B-HLN):cautious:. The B-LBB made by both Phoenix and AC in 2013 are the 1000th A330 and feature the "We're flying the 1000th A330" sticker:cautious::cautious: - making Aeroclassics B-LAX/B-HLF combo released in 2013 the last A333 in standard 1994 CX colors made in 1/400. More frustratingly the options besides the 2013 AC B-LAX/B-HLF combo were:
1) AC B-HLG or VR-HLA released in 2012
or
2) JC Wings B-LAI in GJ cradle casting
or
3) CX official version(Herpa) B-HLB/B-LAC
They are frustratingly hard to find and commands crazy price even when available:cautious::cautious::cautious:The quality of the mould for option 2 and 3 are also horrendous for their price.
I am also hunting a Dragonair B-HYF "25th anniversary" aircraft - but despite being made by PH, AC and Panda respectively, they rarely show up in the market and even if they do, they also command crazy price...... Maybe the power of hometown?😗

I am currently looking for Cathay Pacific A330-300 in the standard 1994 "Brushwing" livery - in STANDARD version only.
Annoyingly the lastest release of this aircraft-livery combo were a pair of 2017 Panda with either "Monitoring for Climate Change" sticker (B-HLR) or the logo for the 10th Anniversary of soverignty handover (B-HLN):cautious:. The B-LBB made by both Phoenix and AC in 2013 are the 1000th A330 and feature the "We're flying the 1000th A330" sticker:cautious::cautious: - making Aeroclassics B-LAX/B-HLF combo released in 2013 the last A333 in standard 1994 CX colors made in 1/400. More frustratingly the options besides the 2013 AC B-LAX/B-HLF combo were:
1) AC B-HLG or VR-HLA released in 2012
or
2) JC Wings B-LAI in GJ cradle casting
or
3) CX official version(Herpa) B-HLB/B-LAC
They are frustratingly hard to find and commands crazy price even when available:cautious::cautious::cautious:The quality of the mould for option 2 and 3 are also horrendous for their price.
I am also hunting a Dragonair B-HYF "25th anniversary" aircraft - but despite being made by PH, AC and Panda respectively, they rarely show up in the market and even if they do, they also command crazy price...... Maybe the power of hometown?😗
Actually, the latest release that fits your description was from NG, but it really flew under the radar. If you would be willing to order from overseas, my local store has the AC versions in stock: https://www.camaust.com.au/product/aeroclassics-1-400-cathay-pacific-airbus-a330-300-vr-hla-acvrhla/ and https://www.camaust.com.au/product/aeroclassics-1-400-cathay-pacific-airbus-a330-300-vr-hlb-acvrhlb/

Actually, the latest release that fits your description was from NG, but it really flew under the radar. If you would be willing to order from overseas, my local store has the AC versions in stock: https://www.camaust.com.au/product/aeroclassics-1-400-cathay-pacific-airbus-a330-300-vr-hla-acvrhla/ and https://www.camaust.com.au/product/aeroclassics-1-400-cathay-pacific-airbus-a330-300-vr-hlb-acvrhlb/
Thanks for your info! Yes I had looked into your option, but unfortunately the delivery cost and the price combined just cost too much for me.😓 I think I'd rather keep an eye on other options😓

American a321 fencetips. I was thinking of doing santa ana airport before I thought of LAX I regret not buying like 4

Thankfully, I have been able to scratch off a lot of Important grails. Unfortunately more keep appearing...

Currently these have been in my most wanted list for at least two years:

Lan Chile in their regular 1980s colors: DC-10-30, 707-300, and 747-200 all by Aeroclassics (I will never forgive myself for letting the 747 go by when it was released because of financial priorities. looking back, I think if I had eaten microwave popcorn for a week I could have afforded it)

British Airways Concorde Landor either Herpa or GeminiJets (preffer Herpa)

TAP 707 in the 1980s colors by Aeroclassics. (one sold recently in the 60 range, but it was damaged... nah)

TAP 747-200 in the 1980s colors by some brand called 5 Stars.

I am extremely happy to report that the British Airways Concorde in the Landor livery has been scratched off the list! I'm completely ecstatic, had not been this happy with a new model since 2009 when I was getting all the Viasa releases from 2007.

The model was in pretty poor shape though, but luckily I was able to restore it. If you expand the first two pictures you will see dirt spots all over it (most noticeably on top of the wings) and two pretty obvious paint chips (top aft corner of tail and nose). Luckily I still had some dark blue enamel left over from a previous project, and it blended nicely with the tail's midnight blue. I very carefully scrubbed the dirt off with a clean wet cloth, and after drying, I applied car polish (previously tested on a burner model). Welcome home Speedbird!

IMG_2782.jpgIMG_2783.jpgIMG_2824.jpgIMG_2823.jpg

I also did a video about its arrival. Disclaimer: first time on camera...