Waffle Collection Sale

I haven’t bought anything yet, but a lot of them have caught my eye. Unfortunately shipping costs to Australia from the US are very expensive at the moment, which has affected my willingness to ‘pull the trigger’ on some models.
Especially since waffle only seems to ship FedEx which almost 40% more expensive than USPS.

I got this from the last big Waffle sale.

I'm pretty much constantly browsing for decently priced Pan Am 747s, and was missing one in the delivery (rather, non-Billboard) colors. When Waffle was updating the sale daily I saw this one pop up in one of the emails and just grabbed it. You know how it is with those sales, you have to shoot and then ask questions, or you risk missing out, especially with sought-after subjects like this one. Waffle likely did not take into account the reg. and just priced it as an old DW jumbo. I also did not see the reg. until after the transaction was completed, and was very pleasantly surprised when I realized I had just gotten myself an example of N736PA "Clipper Victor." The model arrived extremely well-preserved, and it is my first Dragon Wings 747 with a chromed belly. Very nice!

For those of you wondering about what makes this airplane so special? Well, it is actually a rather sad story. Clipper Victor is most well-known for being one of the two 747s involved in the terrible Tenerife collision on March 27, 1977.

But it also was the aircraft in charge of the first 747 commercial flight between JFK and LHR on January 22 1970. It was not supposed to, but the original aircraft, N733PA "Clipper Young America" went tech that day. Clipper Victor was re-christened Clipper Young America for that flight.

It was also the first 747 to be hijacked on August 1970.

Attachments

• DSC_1946.jpg
    DSC_1946.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • DSC_1947.jpg
    DSC_1947.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • DSC_1948.jpg
    DSC_1948.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • DSC_1945.jpg
    DSC_1945.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Waffle's sale is legit and I also found their price for new releases to be quite lower than other retailers, my go-to source nowadays. Their customer service is top-notch now as well, very easy to get replacement parts like missing antennas & stuff.

Waffle's sale is legit and I also found their price for new releases to be quite lower than other retailers, my go-to source nowadays. Their customer service is top-notch now as well, very easy to get replacement parts like missing antennas & stuff.
Yeah, Waffle has definitely improved his reputation, at least on the storefront level. Really professional and always has the gems.

Waffle just listed some new stuff.

Picked up a pair of AC widget A310-2/3

There’s also a BB KL 742 for sale still available.

Waffle just listed some new stuff.

Picked up a pair of AC widget A310-2/3

There’s also a BB KL 742 for sale still available.
Yeah… PH-BUD, for $60. That one is not super popular, but certainly not nearly as rare as one might think. Unfortunately, when I got mine, I paid a bit more, plus expensive shipping from the UK, thinking that I was not going to be able to find a better deal. Its one of the few models in my collection that I keep thinking I overpaid for. It is very nice though.

Yeah… PH-BUD, for $60. That one is not super popular, but certainly not nearly as rare as one might think. Unfortunately, when I got mine, I paid a bit more, plus expensive shipping from the UK, thinking that I was not going to be able to find a better deal. Its one of the few models in my collection that I keep thinking I overpaid for. It is very nice though.
Yeah I skipped on it thinking that NG will in the future make one.

Yeah I skipped on it thinking that NG will in the future make one.

That is a BigBird Mk3 one, it is actually nice with antennas and all. Back when it was released, and even when I got mine on the seconds market, there were no hopes of an updated 747-200 mold. The only reason I got it is because of that specific reg. PH-BUD, which operated for Viasa briefly and had their titles applied to the doors. The only other KLM white tops I have are the Viasa hybrids. It is too vintage of a livery, I think that is the reason that model keeps popping up for prices considered cheap for a BigBird 747. The KLM blue-top livery, on the other hand... good luck!