Thoughts about BigBird Mk4

1/400collector

I have some thoughts about the new BigBird Mk 4 (i think that's it's the 4th Mk)
1.when or will we see the next line of the new BB400
2. Will they change the box art? The new box art why have they changed the old box art that they had with BB400 Mk 3 the new box art looks like JC and not BB400
3. Will they make make re-runs of old and rare AC/BB400 or will they make models that have yet to be made?

I’m not so sure on this new iteration of BigBird 400. They seemingly popped out of the blue with their recent releases. Would like for them to become another staple in the industry again as I know the older, original BigBirds are quite sought-after and fetch a heck of a lot of money on the secondhand market.

I would much rather see a new mould being made without the large wing seam and more details. Right now we only have the awful Phoenix 747's and some random releases by JC.

All the Big Bird Mk3 (and if you want to call it Mk4 but I think it is still the same as Mk3) are made in the JC Wings factory so that is why they are following the box art of the JC versions. As I understand it they are semi-separate from JC but not completely.

I wouldn't expect much from them - certainly not more than they've managed in the past few years.

Its sad to see that a mould that has such a demand is still not being made. And also JC wings releases are not that very often and collectors continue to pay high prices for 747s in Ebay. NG keeps making every other moulds but the 747s

I'm very happy with the BigBird400 747 moulds despite the cradle seam. For whatever reason, JC seems to just sit on these moulds and not use them most of the time. As Rich noted above 'Mk 4' is just 'Mk 3.' I ordered all three of this fall's releases, the Evergreen Supertanker and the two Air India 747-300's. Who knows how long before we will see more.

I'd love for NG to do the rumored 747 -100/200, -300, and -400 moulds to go with their SP. But they should correct the nose when they do the longer birds; the SP's nose point is a touch low.

Is NG present in this forum. If they are hope they are listening .But I hear that more 747 classics are to follow from JC.

Is NG present in this forum. If they are hope they are listening .But I hear that more 747 classics are to follow from JC.
I don't think so, at least, I can't find them in the members section. Someone should make them aware of it, so many good ideas! I didn't know about JC producing 747 classics, does anyone have any info on that?

Its sad to see that a mould that has such a demand is still not being made. And also JC wings releases are not that very often and collectors continue to pay high prices for 747s in Ebay. NG keeps making every other moulds but the 747s

I was thinking the other day... Johan Chan has access to both, the BigBird and GeminiJets (which is also very good) classic 747 molds, isn't this correct @YesterAirlines?

This is a very personal and totally subjective opinion (also not very serious 😅), but sometimes I think the classic jumbo has become so sought after in 1:400 that it has attained some sort of deity status that deters manufacturers from messing with it. Nobody wants to make the rare mundane, or something like that 🤣. Hopefully you get the idea. I think a lot of manufacturers are leaving a lot of money on the table, but what do I know. Even Phoenix manages to sell theirs.